Contact Costco

Closed Thread
Old 03-06-2016, 11:07 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Costco is over priced and since they are raising employees wages you can be sure the burden will be transferred to customers
If you like Sam's shop at Sam's. Bottom line is that Costco quality is far superior to Sam's. Basically Sam's is just another WalMart.
Old 03-06-2016, 11:31 AM

Just sent an email as well. Encourage others to do the same
Old 03-06-2016, 11:42 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNLAKEPANDA View Post
If you like Sam's shop at Sam's. Bottom line is that Costco quality is far superior to Sam's. Basically Sam's is just another WalMart.
tnlakepanda: Wow what's up here people are taking this too personal.
No matter what grocery store, you will always find some prices lower and some higher when comparing stores. its a given and its why my professional shopping wife spends hours and hours studying prices. she's impressive and many a clerk and even manager compliment her on her shopping acumen.

Secondly I am not against increasing wages that is not what I said. what I said is that those higher wages will be transfer to the customer....name just one business that does not transfer some of their operating expenses to their consumer.

Finally I am not one inclined on defending or holding brand loyalty for the most part but I am inclined to compare in order to gain utility for my dollar
And yes I am aware that there are people who understand everything about price and nothing about value but again that is not what I am say beside which it often is highly subjective because its one's perception only.

I am sorry if I hurt someone's feelings that is never my intention.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 03-06-2016, 11:48 AM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

I just emailed them. Sure hope it helps!
Old 03-06-2016, 12:00 PM
Gold member

Dottie,

My wife and I each bought two pair of progressive eyeglasses from Sams, and paid about double what we used to pay at Costco back home. Even worse, we each needed lenses replaced within the return period. We never needed the Costco lenses replaced. While we can't justify the trip to Altamonte Springs for regular shopping, in the future we will go there for eyeglasses and major electronics.

BTW - I just sent an email to Robin.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:07 PM

Sent e mail to robin. I truly hope we get a Costco here or closer to the villages. I recently heard a rumor that a Costco is being built near Russell Stover, is this just a rumor or is there some truth to it? Thanks. Kathy
Old 03-06-2016, 12:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
I tried sending using this email and the address was rejected?
Take out the word dot and replace it with a .
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 03-06-2016, 01:23 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

We currently belong to both Sam's and B.J.'s. There are one or two items we like at each, and we find ourselves in Clermont somewhat regularly, so stopping at either one is not a hardship.

We gave up our Costco membership simply because I could not justify having memberships at all three. A friend of ours recently needed the use of our large Town and Country to pick up some items at Costco, so I went with them.

Each one has their strengths and weaknesses. I was disappointed at not finding a few things at Costco when I was there that I thought they would surely have. It would be ideal to have all three close, as it would promote competition, etc.

I think we will surely downsize our memberships and stick with one, as I cannot justify having all three or even two memberships. One has to buy a lot of stuff to offset the membership

The crazy thing is that when I got my Costco membership it was to buy a special order Pergola kit. I could have bought the kit directly from the manufacturer, but they themselves told me their Costco price was hundreds cheaper for the exact same thing. It was drop shipped right to my home, so I did not even need to go to Costco to buy it...just had to have the membership. Even with the membership cost I saved hundreds on the Pergola.

Choices are almost always a good thing. Frank
Old 03-06-2016, 02:31 PM

Personally, I would rather have a BJs close by. We've been members for several years and have saved quite a bit over that time. We did belong to Sam's, but dropped it after one year - not worth the hassle of the crowds and thought their selections weren't all that great.

Like Frank, we are near Clermont at least once a month so we stop at the BJs there. We also have a college student son over in Melbourne and stop by that location when we are over there. Our experience has been that BJs carries what we buy and their stores, both here and up north, seem considerably cleaner to us.
Old 03-06-2016, 03:26 PM
Platinum member

Just cancelled my membership after costco cancelled a option to build closer to me. Will stick with bjs.
Old 03-06-2016, 04:22 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti105 View Post
For those of you who are interested in letting Costco know that we Villagers are looking forward to having a store located here, I have an email address for you.

A neighbor on the "NextDoor" forum has been in contact with Costco and has been persistent enough to find out who to communicate with.

Email Robin at this email address, "w01026mkt04@costco dot com". She has has responded and thus far over 50 Villagers have emailed her regarding our desire to have a store here. (I put the quotes and the 'dot com' in so that this does not get xxxxx'ed out by the powers that be.)

Robin is passing the emails on to the head of the real estate dept. to be sure that they get in the right hands. She recently replied that she was surprised to get so many letters of interest and to keep sending them in.

So there you go! Email Robin and let Costco know that this will be a great market for them!
For those of you that love Costco and still have a membership you can buy almost anything from their store at Google Express and have your entire order shipped for $4.99. Right to your doorstep. They also have online ordering right from Costco.com. Not sure about their shipping costs...
Old 03-06-2016, 04:56 PM
Gold member

The Raleigh NC area is just getting its second Costco and the county (Wake) has just under a million people. I don't know what kind of population density they require before building.
Old 03-07-2016, 06:35 AM

Make sure you use the email address w01026mkt04@costco.com
Old 03-07-2016, 07:32 AM

We too would really like it if Costco came to the villages. I emailed Robin and I suggested that Costco begin adapting to the changing population of the US. It's time for a Costco Silver store. We don't need baby diapers or family sized cereal boxes but we still buy meats, electronics, and lots of pharmaceutical products and wine. We'd be a great place for the first Costco Silver store which would be a model for others near large retirement communities. If some of you have ideas that might make such a store profitable and convenient pass them along. At some point the higher ups at Costco might think that they just thought of a great idea....Costco Silver.
Old 03-07-2016, 07:36 AM

Robin is an old friend of mine that I reconnected with at a home show in Tallahassee Florida several weeks ago. With my calls to headquarters and finding that our calls and emails were not going to the people that make decisions at Costco, robin said she would coordinate our email requests and get them to where they need to go at the Costco headquarters. So I'm hopeful with Robin that our voice as one will not go unnoticed. She has asked that we keep on sending her emails so she can bundle them and send them on to corporate. Robin has relatives in the villages and loves this place so she is an advocate as well. If you are In contact with residents in the surround areas such as mount Dora and leesberg please have them put email requests in as well. Together, we have a chance to make this happen. Thank you everyone!
Closed Thread

Tags
costco, email, robin, dot, contact, address, store, villagers, dept, estate, hands, emails, powers, passing, head, recently, real, market, great, sending, surprised, xxxxxed, letters, interest, replied

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.