Contracts allowing Middleton access to Villages facilities?

Old 03-08-2024, 04:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,786 Times in 1,248 Posts
Default Contracts allowing Middleton access to Villages facilities?

Heard but not confirmed::

Villages Schools have a contract to use Villages sports facility's? (Per Rec Center Personell when questioning Middleton Students observed using Villages courts.)

Sales Personell telling Middleton residents/Lifestyle Visitors they can get Villages Guest Passes?

Can The Villages sell access to amenities?

"What are some fun things locally that we (with a young kid) should check out (do/see/explore) ?!? …We booked our first trip down to Middleton (in April) to check out the area/lots and the design center - We are staying for a while to make a mini vacation out of it ������

We’ll have guest badges to the villages too if that makes a difference ������

I am aware of the exception where a resident who has a son, daughter, grandchild or great grandchild (and their spouses) who reside in Lake, Marion or Sumter counties may apply for an In-Area Guest ID card.

Last edited by Altavia; 03-08-2024 at 04:40 PM.
Old 03-08-2024, 04:35 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,974 Times in 755 Posts

The developer is desperate to sell homes there.
Old 03-08-2024, 06:18 PM
Veteran member

My son lives in Middleton. They have the same amenities as the Villages and the high school has state-of-the-art sports fields. They are head over heels happy with their amenities. The residents have little desire to be with us "grumpy old folks." (Their words, not mine.)

However, the country clubs, championship golf courses, and Eastport are not part of our amenities. Anyone is free to use them. In fact, the championship golf course nearest the high school will be the students' practice course. The course will host national and state tournaments for both boys and girls. So, expect to see teens and families taking advantage of these. Yes, more heads to share tee times! And, favorite restaurants will be more crowded.
If this is what the sales reps are telling potential buyers, they are not wrong.

Students still use some of our amenities near the old high school. But, this practice has been going on for many years.

Guest passes to use our amenities? I have not witnessed this nor has my son. But, anything is possible. While living in the Villages, I have learned to expect the unexpected.

Last edited by Randall55; 03-08-2024 at 06:25 PM.
Old 03-10-2024, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
Heard but not confirmed::

Villages Schools have a contract to use Villages sports facility's? (Per Rec Center Personell when questioning Middleton Students observed using Villages courts.)

Sales Personell telling Middleton residents/Lifestyle Visitors they can get Villages Guest Passes?

Can The Villages sell access to amenities?

"What are some fun things locally that we (with a young kid) should check out (do/see/explore) ?!? …We booked our first trip down to Middleton (in April) to check out the area/lots and the design center - We are staying for a while to make a mini vacation out of it ������

We’ll have guest badges to the villages too if that makes a difference ������

I am aware of the exception where a resident who has a son, daughter, grandchild or great grandchild (and their spouses) who reside in Lake, Marion or Sumter counties may apply for an In-Area Guest ID card.
If they are coming to visit Middleton, the most likely have family in The Villages and that is how they are getting a guest pass.

Tags
villages, middleton, personell, access, residents/lifestyle

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.