Cooling Costs

Old 05-10-2024, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I don't agree about termites. You have the same potential for termites in all types of construction. Termites live in the soil under your house and they eat soft woods, like door and window frames, drywall, and carpet. It really doesn't reduce the risk by having a concrete house.
CORRECT !!!! First home in ARIZONA was block and we had termites condo on 2nd floor had none but they were in the garage..........last home in AZ just had evidence of termites but none noted in house.........heavy rains also bring them out.......
Old 05-10-2024, 08:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,998 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer Fan View Post
And you would be wrong . I have 2 rentals, a Jasmine and a Wisteria. Exact same model but one is stucco and one is frame. The Wisteria has thicker wall space for insulation, and I would say the power bills over the last 7 years of owning both would say the Wisteria is more efficient by about 15% or so. Every month the bill is a bit lower than the Jasmine. I would not even say it is a consideration. The power bills here are pretty low, I would not even consider it when buying a home.
Ed

I would think concrete/cinder blocks radiate more heat?
Old 05-10-2024, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robojo View Post
I read on here that years ago there was a tornado that hit the villages and the only homes to survive were the concrete stucco homes.

So I do know they are more than valuable But I don't think there's a difference in the power cost

IF a tornado is strong enought block wont matter either it will hurt just as bad if not more if they all land on ya
Old 05-10-2024, 03:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,920 Times in 1,538 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Not true about the type of construction. All houses must comply with the building code for the exterior wall R-value, although there may be some slight differences in construction types.
I wonder if a dome house would be more energy efficient?

Tags
home, cooling, correct, bill, cheaper

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.