Cost of pools

Closed Thread
Old 01-24-2008, 02:32 PM
Default Re: Cost of pools

The ...shine pool company told us in writing that it would take 90 - 100 days. we are beyond that now. Keep you all posted.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:10 PM

90 to 100 Days to install a pool something is wrong
I have a 16x32x7 foot pool with a 2ft walk way around 2 sides and a 16x24
patio on one side and a 12x18ft sitting area on the otherside all covered with pavers
the whole job was done in three weeks Also it was only $34000 and the pool has a seperate water heater :dontknow:
THE Pool was installed 3yrs ago In Long Island
FT BENJAMIN HARRISON
FT LEE
TAIWAN
QUI NHON VIETNAM 66-67
Old 01-24-2008, 03:32 PM

I hate it when I hear stories like that.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:47 AM

Friends of mine in Apopka just put in a pool with birdcage for 40,000. Pool does not have heat or sauna and uses Chlorine not salt.

Its all about the extras kids!!!!!
Old 01-25-2008, 01:00 PM

Village07, You sound like a real personable sort of guy, NOT
Old 01-26-2008, 08:41 PM
Veteran member

People on my block put in a pool at a cost of $40k and then added the birdcage for an additional $7k. I am sure it is a bit more now. There pool is a nice sized one. Many of the homes which corner lots or extra large lots seem to feel it is important and a selling point to say room for a pool. Sorry, the average backyard goes away with a "real" pool and I love my neighborhood pool. I have made so many friends there that I would not have met if I were just using my own backyard. :bigthumbsup:
Old 01-26-2008, 08:48 PM
Veteran member

Courtyard Villas have full fencing and that is what we chose because the fence was important to us......and we do belong in the Villages.

I totally buy into the no fence issue because I have seen communities with wood fencing next to iron fencing and next to all other types and colors of fence. Looks like a patchwork quilt.

We wanted a fence; we wanted the Villages; we bought a courtyard villa. No problem!!!

As for above-ground pools, why is this a "trashy" sounding idea to some???? Would that lower your home value, in your opinion??? Also, if you live in a courtyard villa, there should be no reason not to have an above ground if you wanted one. No one sees into your property anyway!

Chill out!
Old 01-26-2008, 09:26 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frangyomory

As for aboveground pools, why is this a "trashy" sounding idea to some???? Would that lower your home value, in your opinion??? Also, if you live in a courtyard villa, there should be no reason not to have an above ground if you wanted one. No one sees into your property anyway!

Chill out!
I'm sure 07 was talking about putting above ground pools in non-Villa areas. In your villa, your backyard is extremely private and you can do almost anything you want. With minimal exceptions, nothing would affect your neighbors. In a ranch or designer, the lots are totally open. If someone put an above ground pool in their yard (not under an approved birdcage), it would stick out like the proverbial sore thumb. Those of us south of 466 have severe restrictions about what we can have in our yards, be they front, side, or back. At first I resented the "zero tolerance" attitude that precludes putting a small statue in my yard. Since then, I've seen a few houses up north that really overdo it, with scores of statues, fountains, pink flamingos, etc. Someone might think having 35 gnomes is adorable, but their neighbors might find it trashy. You can't legislate good taste. In a villa, you can put anything you like in your enclosed yard and enjoy it to your heart's continent. If I put stuff in my backyard, I'm inflicting it on several of my neighbors. Another advantage of the villas, though I'll take the trade-off and keep my ranch.
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 01-27-2008, 03:29 AM
Veteran member

I live south of 466 and the cy villas have many more restrictions than ranch or designer homes. However, I have NO problem with them because I, for one, do not like lawn gnomes or other little statues in the front yard!!!

I love my fence but don't intend to put an above ground pool in the backyard because I love our adults only, neighborhood pool just three minutes from my home.

Just anyone go over to the historical side of the Villages if you want to see some nightmares with lions, jockeys, deer, etc. on front lawns. Not my cup of tea!!!

Onlyl regret is that I cannot paint or cobble stone my driveway. One significant limitation for cy villas....and patio villas also, I believe.
Old 01-27-2008, 01:13 PM

I guess it's the Historical side for me ( My wife likes lawn art )

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.