COSTCO Water management plans

Old 04-23-2024, 08:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,422 Times in 2,419 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrf0151 View Post
Hope it will be a store the size of the Clermont store. That Costco is about twice the size of our Sams Club on 441. My gut tells me it will be a mini-Costco.
Todays Daily Sun.
162,000 square feet
700 parking spaces
Old 04-23-2024, 08:27 AM

How about putting Whole Foods Market on your wish list
Old 04-23-2024, 08:31 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
If Don says so, then it's so!!!! All the Katie Bells cheapskates are gonna put Costco out of
business with the free samples and $1.50 hot dog/drink meals, hahaha!!

What's the over/under bet on who will be the first to ask if it's golf cart accessible (good luck getting your purchases home) and who will be the first to gripe about traffic/parking? How long until this makes it onto all the major Villages YouTube sites? The Developer should'a scooped this with the news themselves - lost opportunity to show they still control their PR narrative.

Man! The lines for gasoline are gonna be miles long!

P.S.- Kudos to Altavia to being the first to discover and disseminate this news! Next task: Trader Joe's. Not for the skinflints, however.
Congratulations ! You have just complained about everything you think others will complain about !

So, you get the gold star on your forehead for being first !
Old 04-23-2024, 08:42 AM

This past Saturday, The wife and I went to Orlando. What a mess getting to the Turnpike. I guess if you live down there getting around is easier. My GPS didn't work for a while. In the past, you go down Morse, cross the Turnpike, make two lefts, and a right, and you're on the 'Pike heading south. Glad I don't make that trip often. Is taking 301 S to the Turnpike easier?
Old 04-23-2024, 08:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,536 Times in 1,922 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedFoot78 View Post
How about putting Whole Foods Market on your wish list
Because Whole Foods Market is not overwhelmingly popular and only entities that are VERY financially successful will be seen in this tough economic environment expanding their venues. It isn't a wish list. It take millions and millions of dollars on the part of the business and it has to negotiate a lease on the commercial land in The Villages.
Old 04-23-2024, 09:05 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,322 Times in 548 Posts

The only thing that is a bit of surprise to me is the location. I thought Costco, when it came, would go south closer to State Route 44 and where the future middle of TV will be. But congrats to the Developers Commercial division for apparently landing such a deal.
Old 04-23-2024, 09:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,314 Times in 825 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
The only thing that is a bit of surprise to me is the location. I thought Costco, when it came, would go south closer to State Route 44 and where the future middle of TV will be. But congrats to the Developers Commercial division for apparently landing such a deal.
You bring up a good point. I doubt TV owns the land on that side of the street. There are apartment and assisted living quarters on that side of the street. Also big box stores usually will not lease the land they are investing to build on. Not one big box store in TV on developer's land can I think of.
Old 04-23-2024, 09:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,834 Times in 1,285 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe C. View Post
Traffic will be heavy when Costco first opens up. As soon as the novelty of exploring and shopping in this new store wears off, traffic will resume to normal levels. Just like when BJ's opened, it was a pain to go there. But now if you time it just right, it's a breeze. I shop there around 5pm and there's no traffic and not lots of people. It'll be the same when Costco opens for business.
Google Maps can help find a best time.

Here's Claremont typical for a Saturday and a weekday.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7668.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	103811   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7669.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	103812  
Old 04-23-2024, 09:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,834 Times in 1,285 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
The Sun this AM is calling the Costco move preliminary. Interesting
That's why I was careful naming the thread.

Haven't seen anything so far that shows approval but trust Don to be in the know.

Environmental Resource Permit Apps

Last edited by Altavia; 04-23-2024 at 09:39 AM.
Old 04-23-2024, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
Nope, Clermont is closer with less traffic.
Clermont, less traffic?!? Ha!
Old 04-23-2024, 09:44 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael 61 View Post
This news made my day! Now Trader Joe’s will move to the top of many people’s wish list.
TJ's has always been on the top of my wish list.
Old 04-23-2024, 09:48 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,217 Times in 768 Posts

Now the next debate will be when is it going to open ?
Old 04-23-2024, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
Hate to be a Debbie Downer on Costco, but this is a terrible location. The traffic will be horrendous! One has to remember a Costco will draw customers from outside of The Villages. It is likely that both Wedgewood Lane and Woodbridge Drive will need to be increased to four lanes, stop lights, turn lanes, etc. The infrastructure is just not there to support a store this large.

I hope Costco comes to the area, just not here. Lastly, for the other commenters, I would think you will lose golf cart access to Costco and all the businesses west of the planned location.
This location off 466 mirrors Costco’s location in Clermont exactly. Costco in Clermont is actually on Collina Terrace, which is just off and parallels Hwy 50 and is 2 lane. Costco in Buffalo Ridge will be on Wedgwood Lane which is just off and parallels Hwy 466 and is 2 lane. Hmmm, guess they do know what they’re doing. And golf carts shall go there, too, just like to Walmart and BJ’s (love how BJ’s has the golf cart parking up front ). South of 44, you’ll get the next one.
Old 04-23-2024, 10:26 AM

I'm still surprised it will be on 466. Rt301 will be worse than it already is, with everyone coming off the turnpike or 75/44 just to head north through Wildwood.
Old 04-23-2024, 10:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,025 Times in 2,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
Hate to be a Debbie Downer on Costco, but this is a terrible location. The traffic will be horrendous! One has to remember a Costco will draw customers from outside of The Villages. It is likely that both Wedgewood Lane and Woodbridge Drive will need to be increased to four lanes, stop lights, turn lanes, etc. The infrastructure is just not there to support a store this large.

I hope Costco comes to the area, just not here. Lastly, for the other commenters, I would think you will lose golf cart access to Costco and all the businesses west of the planned location.
Not mention big apartment complex going in right behind it.

Tags
costco, management, plans, water, hobby

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.