Courtyard villa wanted

Closed Thread
Old 07-24-2021, 11:09 AM
Default Rental

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovey2 View Post
Hi, Everyone.
My last sibling has been wanting to move to The Villages and finally decided this was the year...of course! Her and everybody else, it seems. Her house has a contract of sale on it and she will be down next week to look around and see what she can find. My brother and I have kept an eye on things here and homes are selling at a dizzying pace so we decided to bring our situation to all of you hoping someone can help. We are hoping someone knows someone that knows someone that may be moving or considering a sale...or, maybe even you are!
Being a single woman with a tiny pooch, my sister is looking for a 3/2 or 2/2 Courtyard Villa. Stucco or vinyl, no preference. We live in Lake Deaton and Pine Ridge, so we would like to keep her kinda close, but she doesn't mind being up over 466A a bit...St.James, Duval, etc. Her settlement date up in Delaware County,Pa is 8/26 and so she'd like to find someplace she can come down and move right in to.
We do have a Villages Sales Associate on board and a few other realty companies are aware we are looking, too.
If you have that special villa we are looking for, or any leads, please PM me.
If all I've done is give you a good chuckle today, I'm cool with that, too.
Thanks for reading....

Locking for a winter rental

January thru March. Michael @ 859-361-0087

Thank you
Old 07-24-2021, 11:23 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maureenkelleher View Post
I’ve got a friend wanting to sell their villa. How would they get in touch with you, no pressure involved lol.
Maureen Kenney
they can email me at thefraynes@embarqmail.com...thanks
Old 07-24-2021, 11:25 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDivine View Post
Lovey2,
you didn't put a price range that your sister might be interested in
or whether or not unfurnished or turn key..
And congrats on another family member coming to PARADISE...

Right...under $300,000...furnished or un..we can work with either.
Thanks so much...we are excited!
Old 07-24-2021, 01:10 PM

I have a manufactured home in the historic district . If interested, please get back.
Old 07-24-2021, 08:34 PM

My daughter is looking for one. Can you tell me about your friends. Thanks.
Old 07-25-2021, 05:01 AM
Veteran member

It's obvious to me there is plenty for sale I don't know why people are going crazy. Oh and by the way I just love the erection Clinic ads thank you
Old 07-25-2021, 05:39 AM

I know of a 3/2 courtyard villa that will be on the market later this year but not soon enough for a late-August transition. This home will likely be for sale in October or November.
Old 07-25-2021, 06:05 AM
Veteran member

Old 07-25-2021, 06:07 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1ceasar View Post
It's obvious to me there is plenty for sale I don't know why people are going crazy. Oh and by the way I just love the erection Clinic ads thank you
Thanks for responding. You've been very helpful.
That being said, 1- find us a villa and 2- I don't pick the ads you see...your browsing history does.
Old 07-25-2021, 06:10 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeCadeau View Post
I know of a 3/2 courtyard villa that will be on the market later this year but not soon enough for a late-August transition. This home will likely be for sale in October or November.
Can you tell me where it is located? And something about it. Location is a big issue for us. Maybe if she winds up renting we can keep your info on hand. Thanks
Old 07-25-2021, 10:00 AM

I see you don't want to be south of 44. I felt the same way and bought between 44 and 466A. Since buying in this area about 2 years ago I somewhat regret my situation so I thought I might share my perspective to give a different view. Having moved into an established neighborhood, it has been extremely difficult to form friendships with people in my community. When a new area opens up the community grows together. So new friendships grow as well. Also in the new area a good number of the people are of similar age and share the recent experience of retirement. I am in my early 60's and most of my neighbors are in their mid to late 70's and 80's. They have already formed friendships, they built their homes in the community 10 to 12 years ago. They are cordial but I don't find myself being invited to parties or outings etc. There will be lots of golf carts pulling up to neighbors homes but I have not been asked to join. I have invited neighbors for game nights with prizes and people come but I don't hear back or get invited to their homes. I have tried to be a good neighbor and take meals to those who are not well, send holiday cards with small tokens such as snack bars and candy. The activities I enjoy and the people I spend the most time with are in the areas south of 44 because they are more open to inviting new people in. Not to say I don't enjoy the convenience of living north of 44 with being closer to Aldi, Walmart, Sam's Club and Lake Sumter and Brownwood. It sounds like your relative will have family in the area which is nice. But having left the working world where being social was a daily occurrence and also leaving friendships more than a thousand miles behind is not easy. Sharing that experience with others who are new to TV helps. Also I like the villa homes but keep in mind that many are owned by snowbirds or are rentals. So that also can make it difficult when moving and looking to make new friends as well since she is looking to move in August when many villas are not occupied. I do enjoy all the recreational activities and going to service clubs in TV and am glad I moved here. If I had to redo though I might be less adverse to living south of 44.
Old 07-25-2021, 12:05 PM

Courtyard villa for sale Beauclair Villas Yager Lane Osceola Hills at Soaring Eagle.FSBO call 513 265 3980.
Old 07-25-2021, 12:14 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifred View Post
I see you don't want to be south of 44. I felt the same way and bought between 44 and 466A. Since buying in this area about 2 years ago I somewhat regret my situation so I thought I might share my perspective to give a different view. Having moved into an established neighborhood, it has been extremely difficult to form friendships with people in my community. When a new area opens up the community grows together. So new friendships grow as well. Also in the new area a good number of the people are of similar age and share the recent experience of retirement. I am in my early 60's and most of my neighbors are in their mid to late 70's and 80's. They have already formed friendships, they built their homes in the community 10 to 12 years ago. They are cordial but I don't find myself being invited to parties or outings etc. There will be lots of golf carts pulling up to neighbors homes but I have not been asked to join. I have invited neighbors for game nights with prizes and people come but I don't hear back or get invited to their homes. I have tried to be a good neighbor and take meals to those who are not well, send holiday cards with small tokens such as snack bars and candy. The activities I enjoy and the people I spend the most time with are in the areas south of 44 because they are more open to inviting new people in. Not to say I don't enjoy the convenience of living north of 44 with being closer to Aldi, Walmart, Sam's Club and Lake Sumter and Brownwood. It sounds like your relative will have family in the area which is nice. But having left the working world where being social was a daily occurrence and also leaving friendships more than a thousand miles behind is not easy. Sharing that experience with others who are new to TV helps. Also I like the villa homes but keep in mind that many are owned by snowbirds or are rentals. So that also can make it difficult when moving and looking to make new friends as well since she is looking to move in August when many villas are not occupied. I do enjoy all the recreational activities and going to service clubs in TV and am glad I moved here. If I had to redo though I might be less adverse to living south of 44.
Thanks for your thoughts. When we moved here a good friend that had been here for years told us a lot of the same things. We bought in a new neighborhood and are glad we did. That being said, this situation is different. My sister is a single woman and has been retired for quite a few years now and has been down here with us a lot. She knows the area, and knows what she wants and already has some friends here thru us. We would prefer her to not be below 44...too dark at night for traveling by cart, etc. I know it's lovely but I also know almost every area in The Villages has something good to offer. I can't answer for the people in your neighborhood, but they don't sound like the welcoming Villages I know. I'm sorry for you. At some point it may be worth it to you to actually move down there. Friends, activity and general well being are most important for us at this age. Good luck, and thanks again.
Old 07-25-2021, 02:45 PM

People in their 70's and 80's live between 44 and 466A? I thought this demorgraphic was further north, say in the historic or above 466.
Old 07-25-2021, 03:13 PM
Default I have 3 bdrm 2 ba with Pool

I have a 3 x 2 with Pool in large birdcage.
It is in Antrim Dells by Brownwood.
Shirley
808 283-7841
Closed Thread

Tags
villa, move, hoping, find, courtyard

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.