Covid 19 Testing

Closed Thread
Old 07-11-2020, 09:00 AM
Investment Painting Contractors Investment Painting Contractors is offline
TOTV SPONSOR
Default Covid 19 Testing

I'm Confused since my insurance and Medicare pay for testing, why do people stand in line for hours and complain. Just curious. Len
Old 07-11-2020, 09:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Because the lack of testing sites. If I want to be tested, I have to drive close to an hour each way. Plus the wait time was greater than 2 hours. And I am not really confident the test is accurate. But it is required for me.

Plus It’s hot outside.
Old 07-11-2020, 06:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Because the lack of testing sites. If I want to be tested, I have to drive close to an hour each way. Plus the wait time was greater than 2 hours. And I am not really confident the test is accurate. But it is required for me.

Plus It’s hot outside.
Can't you go to a local Quest or Lab Corp location? They probably would charge unless your doc sends you but since it's required for you I would think he'd write you a script. I had blood testing done by Lab Corp on 466 over by Yesteryear Golf Cart place a few weeks ago and they said they do Covid testing when I asked. I think it was $119 without a Rx. With an Rx it would be covered in full.
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 07-11-2020, 06:59 PM
Platinum member

Last edited by Fraugoofy; 07-12-2020 at 08:07 AM.
Old 07-11-2020, 08:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
It's quite an assumption to think everyone who lives in TV is on Medicare. My health insurance out of pocket deductible is $3000. That means I pay the first $3000 out of pocket, so even if a test is $119 I pay that in full since I am not on Medicare... another Villager assuming, and you know what they say...
According to FAMILIES FIRST CORONAVIRUS RESPONSE ACT AND CORONAVIRUS AID, RELIEF, AND ECONOMIC SECURITY ACT as long as your doctor deems it necessary there are (supposedly) no deductibles or copays. I'm sure a doctor can easily be convinced it's necessary.

COVID-19 Testing Is Supposed to Be Free. Here'''s Why You Might Still Get Billed | Time

How much will getting tested cost me?

It’s supposed to be free. The new law mandates that Medicare, Medicaid, other government plans, and most private plans cover COVID-19 testing — and all testing-related services — entirely. That means no co-pays, no deductibles, no co-insurance charges. Free.

But beware. Our health care system is a mess and the law does not explicitly prohibit charging you if you go to an out-of-network provider. It also doesn’t address other “surprise billing” problems.

The law requires insurers to cover testing and doctor’s office, urgent care, telehealth or emergency room visits as long as the services “relate to the furnishing or administration” of a COVID-19 test or “to the evaluation of such individual for purposes of determining the need” of a test. That means that if your visit does not result in a COVID-19 test, if you get tested somewhere that is not in your insurance plan’s network, or if you’re treated in anyway besides just getting a test, you could end up with a bill.
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 07-12-2020, 06:16 AM

Most Urgent Care locations provide Covid testing and it's a blood test, nothing jammed up your nose. You have to wait 3-4 days for results but it's a walk in, almost no wait whatsoever.
Old 07-12-2020, 06:22 AM

There is an antigen blood test at the pharmacy by the new Villages hospital in Brownwood for $30. Results in a few minutes.
Old 07-12-2020, 06:23 AM
Veteran member

I had my test done at Laurel Manor on Tuesday morning and it was only 25 minutes from the time I got in line until I was finished.
Old 07-12-2020, 06:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Can't you go to a local Quest or Lab Corp location? They probably would charge unless your doc sends you but since it's required for you I would think he'd write you a script. I had blood testing done by Lab Corp on 466 over by Yesteryear Golf Cart place a few weeks ago and they said they do Covid testing when I asked. I think it was $119 without a Rx. With an Rx it would be covered in full.
I am Not in Florida, lines are the same in many states, especially for those who do not healthcare. Plus many have large deductible so test is not free. The closest site for me is still over an hour drive, as is for many people, even in parts of Florida

Last edited by asianthree; 07-12-2020 at 06:59 AM.
Old 07-12-2020, 06:58 AM
Default Did you need pay for the test at Laurel Manor if you did not have Medicare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmd2 View Post
I had my test done at Laurel Manor on Tuesday morning and it was only 25 minutes from the time I got in line until I was finished.
Did you need pay for the test at Laurel Manor if you did not have Medicare?
Old 07-12-2020, 07:03 AM

You can get tested in Summer field at Exceptional Urgent Care.
Old 07-12-2020, 07:51 AM
Veteran member
Location: Upstate NY, So Fla, Louisiana, So Fla, Santiago and now Bonnybrook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
It's quite an assumption to think everyone who lives in TV is on Medicare. My health insurance out of pocket deductible is $3000. That means I pay the first $3000 out of pocket, so even if a test is $119 I pay that in full since I am not on Medicare... another Villager assuming, and you know what they say...
You must have one of those less expensive and better insurance policies compared to the ACA recently
Old 07-12-2020, 08:12 AM

I thought Walgreens was doing drive thru testing for free without a doctor's note or even any symptoms?
Old 07-12-2020, 08:18 AM
theruizs

I got both a covid and antibody test at the hospital after an emergency admission for internal bleeding, results the same day. I wouldn’t recommend going that route if you can help it. And I still haven’t seen what my 20% is going to be. Can’t wait for that!
Old 07-12-2020, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimreniska@mac.com View Post
I thought Walgreens was doing drive thru testing for free without a doctor's note or even any symptoms?
The Walgreens on Kristina Way by Rohan is the only local Walgreens doing drive-thru COVID19 testing. You need to schedule an appointment online.

Covid-19 Testing & Locations | Walgreens
Closed Thread

Tags
testing, curious, complain, hours, line

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.