COVID Treatment in Town Square

Closed Thread
Old 08-26-2021, 06:51 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Outrages

It is absolutely outrages that the villages are opening up the theater in Brownwood for
Monoclonal Antibody treatment from 9-5 seven days a week. It will be for those who have contacted or were exposed to Covid 19 and at high risk! It is free and vaccinations does not matter! It can handle 300 patients a day! It is insane to think that 300 patients a day that are at high risk for Covid 19 will be wondering around a Square which is the center of business's in Brownwood. You have to be a part of the insanity to entertain Brownwood as a source of relaxation and shopping or sitting around about 500 feet or so having a doughnut and coffee. During the high vaccination period they were given in a very large field at the Brownwood Community Center. This removed the risk of being in a high density of those who have been exposed to the virus. Why in the name of God would you move this to such a high risk location. It just does not make sense!
Old 08-26-2021, 07:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
It is absolutely outrages that the villages are opening up the theater in Brownwood for
Monoclonal Antibody treatment from 9-5 seven days a week. It will be for those who have contacted or were exposed to Covid 19 and at high risk! It is free and vaccinations does not matter! It can handle 300 patients a day! It is insane to think that 300 patients a day that are at high risk for Covid 19 will be wondering around a Square which is the center of business's in Brownwood. You have to be a part of the insanity to entertain Brownwood as a source of relaxation and shopping or sitting around about 500 feet or so having a doughnut and coffee. During the high vaccination period they were given in a very large field at the Brownwood Community Center. This removed the risk of being in a high density of those who have been exposed to the virus. Why in the name of God would you move this to such a high risk location. It just does not make sense!
Available structure, existing parking, easy access, publicity.

There were logistical problems with the open field solution not to mention the cost of the structures. Those particular problems will be solved by this solution.

While this is certainly not an ideal situation, perhaps there aren't a lot of alternatives. A hospital setting would be better but the hospitals have their own set of problems right now.

(and for future reference, the word is outrageous)

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 08-26-2021, 07:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

"Outrageous." "Wildwood" Community Center.

I'm glad they're doing this. I think it has been the aim of the grand poo-bah of the state to emphasize treatment along with not mandating vaccinations. Before this there was only one site in TV for this treatment, and that was TVRH, an already stressed facility. Otherwise the closest places were Leesburg and Ocala.

There is a list of everywhere in the US to get this treatment. It's not easily searchable because it's not by state, but every place so far is there. https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.htm...301a7e262#data

The treatment has to be given within ten days of getting the virus.

More about that here, but it might be behind a paywall. https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...2fda2f4702117f
Old 08-26-2021, 07:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
So someone who was exposed or tested positive, probably unvaccinated parks in the OUTDOOR parking lot, walks OUTDOORS into the theater that is closed for everything else, gets an infusion of monoclonal antibodies alongside others that are in the same boat, then walks OUTDOORS back to their car parked OUTDOORS So you're at the shops in the square---just how does this affect you? Hardly OUTRAGEOUS.
Old 08-26-2021, 07:20 AM
Default COVID Treatment in Town Square

So The Villages in their infinite wisdom has decided to set up a monoclonal COVID antibody treatment site in the heart of a town square? According to the news story they plan to use the Brownwood Theater. This means all the COVID positive people in the county will be walking into the Brownwood town square for treatment. What sense does it make to send all your positive COVID patients to the heart of a community where people gather?

“ A monoclonal antibody treatment site will open in the Barnstorm Theater in The Villages.

Gov. Ron DeSantis on Wednesday announced the opening of the treatment center in the movie theater at Brownwood Paddock Square.

The treatment site will be open seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and has the capacity to serve more than 300 patients per day.”

https://www.**************.com/2021/...-the-villages/

Last edited by Eebnhab; 08-26-2021 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Link to article didn’t work
Old 08-26-2021, 07:34 AM

For whatever reason I cannot get the link to the article to work. It is on TheVillagesNews.com
Old 08-26-2021, 07:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eebnhab View Post
So The Villages in their infinite wisdom has decided to set up a monoclonal COVID antibody treatment site in the heart of a town square? According to the news story they plan to use the Brownwood Theater. This means all the COVID positive people in the county will be walking into the Brownwood town square for treatment. What sense does it make to send all your positive COVID patients to the heart of a community where people gather?
https://www.**************.com/2021/...-the-villages/
I was amazed when I read this story in the local paper, a site also in the Savanah Center! Really, does the Morse family want to go down this road?

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 08-26-2021, 07:38 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eebnhab View Post
https://www.**************.com/2021/...ZOlllbgretU9ak
Most of the studies I've read indicate it takes a minimum of 15 minutes of accumulated exposure _indoors_ to contract Covid-19. That's in a confined space with little air movement. The exception was health care workers who were intubating covid patients and caught a face full of covid concentrate.

Walking past someone with Covid, unless they cough into your mouth, is not going to expose you to this disease.

I'm also quite sure there will be a triage tent of some sort set up outside and other protocols to prevent covid positive people from infecting others. Such as, they won't have them all sitting in a 10x10 waiting room that also lets uninfected people linger about breathing in virons.
Old 08-26-2021, 07:53 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts
Default Brownwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I was amazed when I read this story in the local paper, a site also in the Savanah Center! Really, does the Morse family want to go down this road?
they’ll never pass on a chance to make a buck!
Old 08-26-2021, 07:57 AM

The Savanah Center makes more sense since it’s somewhat more isolated from the general public.
Quote:
Old 08-26-2021, 08:02 AM
Default Where does it say Savannah Center site???

Quote:
The story in the Daily Sun does not mention the Savannah Center at all only at the Barnstorm Theater in Brownwood. Where did you get your info?

Last edited by SGR720; 08-26-2021 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 08-26-2021, 08:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,523 Times in 3,109 Posts

FDA approves vaccine for emergency situation only:

"I ain't takin no danged vaccine, it's not even approved by the FDA! Experimentin on humans without our consent, that's what it is!"

1 week later, after the FDA gives full approval of the vaccine:

"Big pharma's gettin rich off our tax dollars on a drug they pushed through cause of politics! I ain't gettin no stankin jab!"

2 months later, after FDA approves experimental monoclonal antibody therapy:

"Martha, you go ahead to the square and enjoy yer line-dancin, I'mma git me some experimental jab, woo hoo!"

Because it just makes SO much sense.
Old 08-26-2021, 08:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Guessing the space is being rented. Barnstormer has been closed, and developers are free to do what they choose with the building. No matter who thinks it’s good bad or indifferent.
Old 08-26-2021, 08:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

What amazes me is that someone would start a new thread on this subject at 8:20 AM when someone else started a thread on EXACTLY THE SAME SUBJECT at 7:51 AM

I'll entertain all explanations.......but expect crickets
Old 08-26-2021, 08:40 AM

Theaters are closed anyway.
Glad we will have multiple treatment places nearby for anyone that might need the help
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.