COVID Treatment in Town Square

Closed Thread
Old 08-26-2021, 08:48 AM

You seem nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
What amazes me is that someone would start a new thread on this subject at 8:20 AM when someone else started a thread on EXACTLY THE SAME SUBJECT at 7:51 AM

I'll entertain all explanations.......but expect crickets
Old 08-26-2021, 08:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,914 Times in 4,142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eebnhab View Post
So The Villages in their infinite wisdom has decided to set up a monoclonal COVID antibody treatment site in the heart of a town square? According to the news story they plan to use the Brownwood Theater. This means all the COVID positive people in the county will be walking into the Brownwood town square for treatment. What sense does it make to send all your positive COVID patients to the heart of a community where people gather?

“ A monoclonal antibody treatment site will open in the Barnstorm Theater in The Villages.

Gov. Ron DeSantis on Wednesday announced the opening of the treatment center in the movie theater at Brownwood Paddock Square.

The treatment site will be open seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and has the capacity to serve more than 300 patients per day.”

https://www.**************.com/2021/...-the-villages/
So someone who was exposed or tested positive, probably unvaccinated parks in the OUTDOOR parking lot, walks OUTDOORS into the theater that is closed for everything else, gets an infusion of monoclonal antibodies alongside others that are in the same boat, then walks OUTDOORS back to their car parked OUTDOORS So you're at the shops in the square---just how does this affect you?
Or would you rather have these people walking around getting sicker and spreading COVID at the grocery store?
Old 08-26-2021, 08:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eebnhab View Post
You seem nice.
I am, but this one is not on me. A simple "I just didn't see it" would have sufficed
Old 08-26-2021, 08:59 AM
Veteran member
Location: Upstate NY, So Fla, Louisiana, So Fla, Santiago and now Bonnybrook

Quote:
So someone who was exposed or tested positive, probably unvaccinated parks in the OUTDOOR parking lot, walks OUTDOORS into the theater that is closed for everything else, gets an infusion of monoclonal antibodies alongside others that are in the same boat, then walks OUTDOORS back to their car parked OUTDOORS So you're at the shops in the square---just how does this affect you?
Or would you rather have these people walking around getting sicker and spreading COVID at the grocery store?
There is a line there now, so anyone who wants to miggle with people who are positive with covid virus, rush over and get in line. I will not go near Brownwood in future.
Old 08-26-2021, 09:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I was amazed when I read this story in the local paper, a site also in the Savanah Center! Really, does the Morse family want to go down this road?
I think I remember yesterday that Dr. Fauci agrees with Governor Desantis on this treatment. I will see if I can find that article and bring it here.

I am disappointed that he took the stance on Facemasks in schools. I wish he had just not said he would withhold funds if a school system mandated masks. Until then I was thinking he might be the best person for the White House. No politician is perfect.

Monoclonal treatments are used to lessen the effects of Covid-19. They come from blood of people who have recovered from Covid, if I remember correctly.

I need to research this to see. We all need something positive. It really is spreading among the vaccinated people I know, and if folks our age aren't vaccinated by now, maybe this treatment will save their lives.

I am not a medical person. Just very interested.........and hopeful.
Old 08-26-2021, 09:00 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default As they say

As they say you can't make this stuff up? Who in their right mind would suggest a closed place in a sometimes crowed area with people walking around un vaccinated going in and out of stores and sitting close to each other while waiting for a serious virus treatment. I give up since I can't waste my time discussing this since the nay sayers are going to have a field day for their own self interest. Think about going to a movie later on in a facility that was the treatment center for the spreadable and serious Avoid-19 Virus,etc.
Old 08-26-2021, 09:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,928 Times in 1,113 Posts
Default Another not in my backyard post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
It is absolutely outrages that the villages are opening up the theater in Brownwood for
Monoclonal Antibody treatment from 9-5 seven days a week. It will be for those who have contacted or were exposed to Covid 19 and at high risk! It is free and vaccinations does not matter! It can handle 300 patients a day! It is insane to think that 300 patients a day that are at high risk for Covid 19 will be wondering around a Square which is the center of business's in Brownwood. You have to be a part of the insanity to entertain Brownwood as a source of relaxation and shopping or sitting around about 500 feet or so having a doughnut and coffee. During the high vaccination period they were given in a very large field at the Brownwood Community Center. This removed the risk of being in a high density of those who have been exposed to the virus. Why in the name of God would you move this to such a high risk location. It just does not make sense!
These places are set up in many different cities , we are part of the state of Florida,,we should share in the fight against this virus, lots of access to the site , I wonder if many of the complainers even go to Brownwood and for all who complain I use the word I usually hate to hear on here ENTITLED
Old 08-26-2021, 09:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,427 Times in 2,269 Posts

Quote:
It is absolutely outrages that the villages are opening up the theater in Brownwood for
Monoclonal Antibody treatment from 9-5 seven days a week. It will be for those who have contacted or were exposed to Covid 19 and at high risk! It is free and vaccinations does not matter! It can handle 300 patients a day! It is insane to think that 300 patients a day that are at high risk for Covid 19 will be wondering around a Square which is the center of business's in Brownwood. You have to be a part of the insanity to entertain Brownwood as a source of relaxation and shopping or sitting around about 500 feet or so having a doughnut and coffee. During the high vaccination period they were given in a very large field at the Brownwood Community Center. This removed the risk of being in a high density of those who have been exposed to the virus. Why in the name of God would you move this to such a high risk location. It just does not make sense!
You sure find a lot of things here "outrages". You're closer to the end than you are to the beginning. Maybe look for things to be happy about?

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 08-26-2021, 09:02 AM

Quote:
So someone who was exposed or tested positive, probably unvaccinated parks in the OUTDOOR parking lot, walks OUTDOORS into the theater that is closed for everything else, gets an infusion of monoclonal antibodies alongside others that are in the same boat, then walks OUTDOORS back to their car parked OUTDOORS So you're at the shops in the square---just how does this affect you? Hardly OUTRAGEOUS.

Just more manufactured drama
Old 08-26-2021, 09:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbill1 View Post
There is a line there now, so anyone who wants to miggle with people who are positive with covid virus, rush over and get in line. I will not go near Brownwood in future.
A line at the theater to get in for monoclonal antibody therapy? Unless you qualified for treatment and were planning on going in the theater, why would you "mingle" with anybody on that line? Or "miggle" , whatever that is.
Old 08-26-2021, 09:05 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
When your done you can go to blue fin for dinner or dance at the square. Maybe ice cream or cougar at city fire.
Old 08-26-2021, 09:06 AM
Sage

I found this from Newsweek.

It isn't the New England Journal of Medicine but it isn't "Quackery Today" either.

Here it is;

DeSantis and Fauci, Who Sparred Throughout Pandemic, Agree on Monoclonal Antibody Treatment
Old 08-26-2021, 09:07 AM
Sage

Quote:
As they say you can't make this stuff up? Who in their right mind would suggest a closed place in a sometimes crowed area with people walking around un vaccinated going in and out of stores and sitting close to each other while waiting for a serious virus treatment. I give up since I can't waste my time discussing this since the nay sayers are going to have a field day for their own self interest. Think about going to a movie later on in a facility that was the treatment center for the spreadable and serious Avoid-19 Virus,etc.
I'm sure after they are done using the theater for monoclonal antibody infusions and before opening it for movies the place would be thoroughly sanitized. But even without that, I'd be happy to walk in there 12-18 hours later depending on air circulation. I thought we put transmission by fomite behind us over a year ago.
Old 08-26-2021, 09:08 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisbad1 View Post
When your done you can go to blue fin for dinner or dance at the square. Maybe ice cream or cougar at city fire.
But they could do that anyway, night after night. Far better they get treated.
Old 08-26-2021, 09:12 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana1963 View Post
they’ll never pass on a chance to make a buck!
There is no charge for this treatment. It is free, just like the shots.

I will repost this too. I think it is worth reading.

DeSantis and Fauci, Who Sparred Throughout Pandemic, Agree on Monoclonal Antibody Treatment

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.