COVID Treatment in Town Square

Closed Thread
Old 08-30-2021, 09:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape Artist View Post
Well, then you would know that many health care workers choose not to be vaccinated and they are now being forced to through mandates in various states. They obviously don't think the vaccines are so wonderful, right?
97% of US Medical Doctors are FULLY vaccinated. It IS the LOWER level nurses, CNAs, x-ray techs, and etc. that do NOT get vaccinated due to multiple factors like Facebook, leadership, religion, foreign agent propaganda influences, culture, US regional differences, and many other factors. They are tearing apart ALL US institutions including our once superior Health Care System. And please.......no Dr. Fauci and CDC slurs.......that just shows more lower cognitive levels.
Old 08-30-2021, 09:48 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,798 Times in 734 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post

Because, once again (and again and again and....)over 90% of the hospitalized and 98% of the deaths are among the UNvaccinated

Yes, SOME vaccinated people also get it, also are hospitalized and also die, but they are a small minority. Nothing is 100% effective,
Therefore, your last paragraph describes it as a pandemic of the people, not the unvaccinated as espoused earlier, which was the point I made... once again and again and again.

Last edited by Aces4; 08-30-2021 at 10:04 AM.
Old 08-30-2021, 10:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
Therefore, your last paragraph describes as a pandemic of the people, not the unvaccinated as espoused earlier, which was the point I made... once again and again and again.
OK, I'll cry uncle on the semantic game and rephrase for you: This is a pandemic of all the people, of which the overwhelming majority are UNVACCINATED
Old 08-30-2021, 10:08 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
OK, I'll cry uncle on the semantic game and rephrase for you: This is a pandemic of all the people, of which the overwhelming majority are UNVACCINATED

I totally agree and can we also agree that at this time treatment is probably more important than the weak vaccines which need constant boosting? The monoclonal treatment is yielding promise and that is exciting. (Yes, along with the vaccines...)
Old 08-30-2021, 10:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
I totally agree and can we also agree that at this time treatment is probably more important than the weak vaccines which need constant boosting? The monoclonal treatment is yielding promise and that is exciting. (Yes, along with the vaccines...)
Gross misunderstanding of both the vaccines and the antibody treatment.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 08-30-2021, 10:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Sorry, can't agree with that. These vaccines are probably the most effective ever developed. Of course, viruses like to change and therefore make this a moving target. What we need is a universal vaccine for all viruses (Did Dr. McCoy have one?). But until then, these vaccines are the best we have.

Monoclonal antibody therapy appears to have some utility, at least it's better than ivermectin/hydroxychloroquine/IV vitamin crap
Old 08-30-2021, 10:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
I think we can safely assume that this forum is primarily, perhaps overwhelmingly, read by people who live in The Villages. Over 90% of those have been fully vaccinated, as per the CDC. If you wish to expand the readership to Sumter County then the percentage fully vaccinated is nearly 80%. The ones who haven't been vaccinated either have some specific health issue that precludes vaccination or they have decided that the cons outweigh the pros. If you are of typical age in The Villages, I believe the pros outweigh the cons, by a large margin, but it is their decision. It is the height of hubris to assume that you will "reach those people" or that it is your role in life to "reach those people" in The Villages. If you want to provide some new facts then that is fine but repeatedly make the same statements over and over again serves no purpose. You do not have the domain expertise that would mark you as someone to pay attention to.
So, saying that someone "does not have the domain expertise" to be allowed to speak or post is like assuming a role of enforcer in chief of allowable content. That, to me, sounds like Joeseph Stalin talking. In the US our "little people" are allowed to speak - it is called FREE SPEECH............what a concept!!!!
Old 08-30-2021, 10:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,021 Times in 1,747 Posts

Quote:
Just out of curiosity why would you like a treatment to a prevention in the first place?

Surely a 10 minute trip to get a vaccine whenever you need it doesn’t make that much of a dent in your time. And isn’t it nice to layer, to have a vaccine and if you get Covid anyway, then have a treatment available too? This Covid is an invisible enemy and I like to throw everything at it, myself.
Old 08-30-2021, 10:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
I’m unaware of anything that will stop the spread currently. I’m running into so many vaccinated people with breakthrough covid who spread it to their partners that I’m not convinced anything now offered will stop the spread.
It is possible that statement is correct for today-currently. Our big chance to finish off CV in the US was late April or early May but 40% of America said "no way" and dug in their collective heels. It may be too late now, today - that IS correct. However, this is SO IMPORTANT that, for myself, I am HOPING that enough large and small businesses MANDATE vaccines that CV can be STOPPED. I try to be optimistic!!!!!
Old 08-30-2021, 10:40 AM
Sage

So you keep repeating the same thing that everyone knows to a forum where most likely over 90% have been vaccinated. Yeah, keep up the productive work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I repeat, and repeat, and repeat, and repeat what is being said by the experts. I don't make this stuff up, honestly. Are our experts supposed to stop getting the word out? I surely hope not.

This is a pandemic of the un-vaccinated! There, I said it again.
Old 08-30-2021, 10:48 AM
Sage

I never said and don’t put words in my mouth. Try rereading the post and not putting your own twisted spin on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
So, saying that someone "does not have the domain expertise" to be allowed to speak or post is like assuming a role of enforcer in chief of allowable content. That, to me, sounds like Joeseph Stalin talking. In the US our "little people" are allowed to speak - it is called FREE SPEECH............what a concept!!!!
Old 08-30-2021, 10:48 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Sorry, can't agree with that. These vaccines are probably the most effective ever developed. Of course, viruses like to change and therefore make this a moving target. What we need is a universal vaccine for all viruses (Did Dr. McCoy have one?). But until then, these vaccines are the best we have.

Monoclonal antibody therapy appears to have some utility, at least it's better than ivermectin/hydroxychloroquine/IV vitamin crap
I wasn’t highlighting the “crap” as you put it.
Old 08-30-2021, 10:51 AM
TOTV Moderator

This has run its course. Thread Closed.

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.