COVID Treatment in Town Square

Closed Thread
Old 08-26-2021, 09:22 AM
Default The Savannah Center is open for live shows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eebnhab View Post
The Savanah Center makes more sense since it’s somewhat more isolated from the general public.
The Savannah Center is currently open for live performances both in the afternoon and evening and some days has club meeting and activities. The Barnstorm Theater is currently not open for anything. Why would the Savannah Center be a better place to have positive COVID patients treated? I have tickets for a show at Savannah Monday afternoon. Mask or no mask, vaccinated or not I would not appreciate walking in there to see a show and be greeted by a group of people that I know have COVID. Also still asking where the info about Savannah Center came from as it is not in the Daily Sun article.
Old 08-26-2021, 09:30 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,865 Times in 787 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
It is absolutely outrages that the villages are opening up the theater in Brownwood for
Monoclonal Antibody treatment from 9-5 seven days a week. It will be for those who have contacted or were exposed to Covid 19 and at high risk! It is free and vaccinations does not matter! It can handle 300 patients a day! It is insane to think that 300 patients a day that are at high risk for Covid 19 will be wondering around a Square which is the center of business's in Brownwood. You have to be a part of the insanity to entertain Brownwood as a source of relaxation and shopping or sitting around about 500 feet or so having a doughnut and coffee. During the high vaccination period they were given in a very large field at the Brownwood Community Center. This removed the risk of being in a high density of those who have been exposed to the virus. Why in the name of God would you move this to such a high risk location. It just does not make sense!
Ideally, you get these monoclonal antibodies as soon as possible after being diagnosed with Covid-19, or if someone in your house has it. It doesn’t work well in people already hospitalized and isn’t for people who use supplemental oxygen. For lots of people, it keeps them from having to be hospitalized, though they still have Covid and can still pass it on and can still get a variety of side-effects. After receiving this, you are not supposed to get a vaccine for three months because the antibodies will attack the vaccine. This is still an experimental treatment that has only temporary approval from the FDA. I don’t know why anyone afraid of the vaccine would be willing to get this. It’s made from cloned RNA.

Is it free? No charge to the person getting the shot, but your insurance may be charged the cost for the syringe and the person giving the injection. The government is paying for it, which means we are all paying for it, just like with the vaccine. How much is the government paying per dose? Here is the only number I’ve found:

“They’re also pricey treatments. Last year, the federal government bought 300,000 doses of the Eli Lilly treatment for $1,250 per dose. Some facilities across the country may also charge patients for the cost of administering the drug. However, Lilly noted in an October release that coronavirus hospitalizations, which the treatments are supposed to prevent, are much pricier: $22,000 per person on average.”

Read more here: Access Denied

My recollection is that the government is paying about $30 a dose for the vaccine, but of course the government also paid an enormous amount to help companies develop vaccines. I have a hard time believing the average hospital patient stay for Covid is only $22,000. I would expect that to be the cost per day, ICU, ventilator, lots of equipment, meds, etc. This isn’t as good as the vaccine, and it may be more dangerous, but if it keeps people out of the hospital and alive, that’s good.

Last edited by MandoMan; 08-26-2021 at 09:36 AM.
Old 08-26-2021, 09:37 AM
Veteran member
Location: Upstate NY, So Fla, Louisiana, So Fla, Santiago and now Bonnybrook

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
A line at the theater to get in for monoclonal antibody therapy? Unless you qualified for treatment and were planning on going in the theater, why would you "mingle" with anybody on that line? Or "miggle" , whatever that is.
You think these people, probably with the virus won't be shopping, eating and drinking at Brownwood.
Old 08-26-2021, 09:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,646 Times in 1,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
FDA approves vaccine for emergency situation only:

"I ain't takin no danged vaccine, it's not even approved by the FDA! Experimentin on humans without our consent, that's what it is!"

1 week later, after the FDA gives full approval of the vaccine:

"Big pharma's gettin rich off our tax dollars on a drug they pushed through cause of politics! I ain't gettin no stankin jab!"

2 months later, after FDA approves experimental monoclonal antibody therapy:

"Martha, you go ahead to the square and enjoy yer line-dancin, I'mma git me some experimental jab, woo hoo!"

Because it just makes SO much sense.
So you are upset with those that do not wish to get vaccinated AND you are also upset with those that wish to be treated if they are infected? On top of that, you insist that anyone that does not agree is portrayed as some uneducated redneck?
Old 08-26-2021, 09:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,646 Times in 1,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbill1 View Post
There is a line there now, so anyone who wants to miggle with people who are positive with covid virus, rush over and get in line. I will not go near Brownwood in future.
Sure a lot of confidence in the vaccination being shown here today. I don't know why anyone would wish to "mingle" with sick folks, but I guess some have a reason to feel threatened by butterflies if they were told that they might bite them through their clothing.
Guess I am the only one on here that does not wear a useless paper mask into the grocery store when I am vaccinated. I am surprised that some folks on here leave their homes.

Last edited by Byte1; 08-26-2021 at 11:03 AM.
Old 08-26-2021, 09:51 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
So you are upset with those that do not wish to get vaccinated AND you are also upset with those that wish to be treated if they are infected? On top of that, you insist that anyone that does not agree is portrayed as some uneducated redneck?
Don't expect any change for the better
Old 08-26-2021, 09:53 AM

I respond in the tone in which I was addressed. I’ll leave off the laughing emojis though.
Quote:
I am, but this one is not on me. A simple "I just didn't see it" would have sufficed
Old 08-26-2021, 09:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,508 Times in 1,908 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

It isn't nice to make fun of how some Southerners, and other rural people talk. It would be offensive if someone made fun of the lack of linking verbs and other "different" ways of talking used by a lot of inner city poor people.

It is fine when we use it, but when outlander's poke fun at us, it makes me want to "tear the rag off the bush" and kick our best coon hound.

Wonderful and intelligent and hardworking people grow up and live in our rural areas of the country. They do not pronounce coffee as "cu-aw-fee" and don't visit Miami and keep yelling..."Jeffrey, get outa the watuh". And they grow up driving a car. Yes they do. They may even start with the tractor when they are 12, but they can drive a car all the way from the North to the South because they know how to drive a car. I love rural folks and some of them are Doctors and Lawyers and Scientists, but they still talk like the folks at home.

Help me down from here, someone.
Old 08-26-2021, 09:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,914 Times in 4,142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbill1 View Post
You think these people, probably with the virus won't be shopping, eating and drinking at Brownwood.
I don't know. If they are responsible they won't. If they tested positive they are supposed to self-quarantine and wear a mask if they must go out for essentials, of which the monoclonal therapy would qualify. But if they go out "shopping, eating and drinking at Brownwood", they will go out and do that everywhere else as well. So once again, better they are treated than not. And I suppose that people who are afraid of exposure are better off knowing where the cases are going than running into them randomly. Or better yet, a big, scarlet "C"

Then again, there's always the option of hiding under your bed.
Old 08-26-2021, 10:01 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,551 Times in 419 Posts

Quote:
Just the typical condescension.
Old 08-26-2021, 10:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,914 Times in 4,142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eebnhab View Post
I respond in the tone in which I was addressed. I’ll leave off the laughing emojis though.
The response was a statement of FACT, read whatever "tone" you want into it. And I'll add the laughing emojis that were left out AND add my own:
Old 08-26-2021, 10:24 AM

so don't go to it
Old 08-26-2021, 10:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
A line at the theater to get in for monoclonal antibody therapy? Unless you qualified for treatment and were planning on going in the theater, why would you "mingle" with anybody on that line? Or "miggle" , whatever that is.
I'm waiting for someone to say HUGH.
Old 08-26-2021, 10:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
I think you missed the tone.
Old 08-26-2021, 10:43 AM
Sage

Well, if you are feeling bad enough from symptoms of COVID to get monoclonal antibody treatment, I doubt the trip to the Barnstorm would include dining and shopping and mingling. It'd just be, get there and back home ASAP.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.