Coyote in the Villages

Closed Thread
Old 09-08-2015, 05:42 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Not so sure about that off-leash thing - check your Deed Restrictions under Use of Property - ours reads something like 'must be leashed when not within confines of home'. Does "home" stretch to mean "yard".
I would contend that Deed Restrictions are trumped by county ordinances.

Marion County says:

It shall be the duty of every animal owner or responsible person to ensure that the animal is kept under direct humane control.

It goes on to define direct control:

Direct control shall mean the immediate, continuous physical control of an animal by means of confining within a house, building, fence, pen or other enclosure, or restrained by means of leash, cord, chain, or similar tether of sufficient strength to restrain the animal subject to the restrictions provided herein.

It gets even more specific and states that a leash must not be longer than six feet.
Old 09-08-2015, 06:13 PM
Gold member

I will be bringing my guns down in October. Coyote makes great BBQ.
Old 09-08-2015, 09:18 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVillageChicken View Post
I would contend that Deed Restrictions are trumped by county ordinances.

Marion County says:

It shall be the duty of every animal owner or responsible person to ensure that the animal is kept under direct humane control.

It goes on to define direct control:

Direct control shall mean the immediate, continuous physical control of an animal by means of confining within a house, building, fence, pen or other enclosure, or restrained by means of leash, cord, chain, or similar tether of sufficient strength to restrain the animal subject to the restrictions provided herein.

It gets even more specific and states that a leash must not be longer than six feet.
My Deed Restrictions are on property in Lake County...what are the Deed Restrictions for Marion County - do ya know? And if County trumped Developer - wouldn't Developer be obligated to revise DR - like they did when satellite dishes gained legal status to be mounted on houses/property?

Another puzzlement and along with barefoot's post - all the more important to check one's deed restrictions.

Closed Thread

Tags
beware, large, cats, dogs, small, eat, center, villages, evening, coyote, rec, mionia

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.