Cracks in Lanai

Closed Thread
Old 07-21-2022, 09:13 AM
Default Cracks in Lanai

Can someone please recommend a contractor to repair a few hairline cracks in our Lanai around the pool?. I have contacted several contractors mentioned on the Villages Word of Mouth FB page and never even get a call back. If you had a positive experience with someone please let me know.
Thanks in advance!
Old 07-21-2022, 06:50 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,114 Times in 755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymratt View Post
Can someone please recommend a contractor to repair a few hairline cracks in our Lanai around the pool?. I have contacted several contractors mentioned on the Villages Word of Mouth FB page and never even get a call back. If you had a positive experience with someone please let me know.
Thanks in advance!
Go to Home Depot or Lowe's and get some flexible sealant. Cheap and easy to do. Once concrete cracks, there's no good way to fix it, without tearing up the entire area and starting over.
Old 07-21-2022, 07:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,809 Times in 5,291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymratt View Post
Thanks in advance!
Why do you want to repair them? If they are hairline cracks, I don't think there is much you can do to fix them unless you are willing to grind them out and caulk them, which will probably make them look worse.
Old 07-22-2022, 05:18 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,114 Times in 755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Why do you want to repair them? If they are hairline cracks, I don't think there is much you can do to fix them unless you are willing to grind them out and caulk them, which will probably make them look worse.
Is so seldom that I see legitimate, helpful and correct advice on this site, i had to comment.

You're 100% correct. There's no way to properly fix the cracks, without first grinding and providing a proper base for flexible sealant. I left that part out of my post, because that's the pain in the butt part of the job, that hardly anyone does.

Closed Thread

Tags
cracks, lanai, page, call, back

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.