The crazies were out tonight.

Closed Thread
Old 03-01-2023, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
I know you have all heard every story before but driving around in the cart was interesting. First an impatient driver in front of me fulls out to pass a line of carts when a cart up in front starts to wave people around him, needless to say other carts pull out to pass and the driver in front of me came close to causing an accident. Later I am at a road crossing when I check to see if any cars are coming off a rotary of Buena Vista but instead I see a golf cart coming from the rotary and pull in front of me. Guessing the 2 gents had been drinking or something else as the driving was erratic. Next as following them, someone decides they are going to pass the line of carts but can’t get past all of them so they decide to go left of the upcoming island and pass everyone as we are on the correct side of the island. This is one I have never seen. How this didn’t end in an accident I am not sure. Finally as I got closer to home a cart catches up to me and as I turn from the path to go into a village, this cart heads out onto Buena Vista. Probably just a normal day in the life of a Villager but I found it interesting as we were enjoying our ride. I for one don’t think there should be any passing in a golf cart since they are all suppose to go the same speed but that is not for me to decide.
You know it's illegal to pass another golf cart in the golf cart lane on the street? A couple of months ago a Villager got a ticket from a Sumpter police officer for doing just that. So if you are behind another cart thats going slow, even if they wave you on you can't pass them.
Old 03-01-2023, 08:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRcorvette View Post
I am really surprised that someone is not killed every day in the Villages. I see lots of crazy stupid stuff. What bugs me the most is people walking in parking lots and not paying any attention to what is going on around them. Oh and when you are backing out of a parking spot and you are half way out and someone walks right behind you or a cart drives past right behind you!
THAT bugs me too....and the folks in cars in parking lots that think they're on the street so are going, what looks like road speed.
The other day I was on 466a....was in the left lane (to pass the line of traffic in the right lane) when all of a sudden the left lane slowed---waaaayyyy down. I couldn't move over due to the heavy traffic. When I finally could, the slow-ness was being caused by a elderly human who by my guesstimate was going maybe 25/30 mph and never moved over. When I passed---I waved them along but it didn't help anything but my angst. Then I read my social media from "up north" and the threads could be from here. It's NOT just in The Villages that people drive nuts. It's becoming universal!!
Old 03-01-2023, 08:59 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelJohnson View Post
Passing a golf cart is illegal. Why? Because in crossing the solid line you are in the legal line of traffic. Only legally authorized vehicles are allowed in that lane. Therefore you could be charged with operating an unregistered, uninsured, etc. vehicle. Don't believe me? Ask anyone that got pulled over for going too fast and ask how much it cost! They weren't charged for speeding.
You are allowed to cross the solid white lane to get around a hazard and to make a left turn. You are also combining two separate issues. Speeding and crossing the solid white line. The last published incident was a lady in a cart went over the solid white line to pass and was written a citation for crossing the solid white line. Apparently she was going under 20 MPH because she was not charged with all the related unregistered vehicle charges.
Old 03-01-2023, 09:17 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,045 Times in 536 Posts
Default Peak

Right about now is the peak of “crazy “ season.

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning
Old 03-01-2023, 09:26 AM
Default June

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlorida View Post
This should all go away in June.
The exodus begins in a few weeks and breathing room will return.
Old 03-01-2023, 09:28 AM

This has all the markings of a "Next Door" post.........
Old 03-01-2023, 09:42 AM

People don’t know how to drive correctly on the freeway. Do you really believe they know how to drive correctly on a turnabout. Or in a golf cart multipath lane ?
Old 03-01-2023, 09:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparsoneau@aol.com View Post
People don’t know how to drive correctly on the freeway. Do you really believe they know how to drive correctly on a turnabout. Or in a golf cart multipath lane ?
In TV the criterion is not how much they know. In all too many cases it is what they've forgotten or have lost the capability to do. There are too many folks here whose driving skills have diminished to the point where they are a definite danger to themselves and others.
Old 03-01-2023, 10:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member

GARYWT, you might as well just put up with it & prevent getting your butt whipped. It’s just life! No place is perfect, even in TV, Florida. Some people can think they’re more important than anyone else or they were brought up that way to be disrespectful or thinking they’re #1.
Old 03-01-2023, 12:03 PM
Thanked 1,120 Times in 246 Posts

Quote:
I know you have all heard every story before but driving around in the cart was interesting. First an impatient driver in front of me fulls out to pass a line of carts when a cart up in front starts to wave people around him, needless to say other carts pull out to pass and the driver in front of me came close to causing an accident. Later I am at a road crossing when I check to see if any cars are coming off a rotary of Buena Vista but instead I see a golf cart coming from the rotary and pull in front of me. Guessing the 2 gents had been drinking or something else as the driving was erratic. Next as following them, someone decides they are going to pass the line of carts but can’t get past all of them so they decide to go left of the upcoming island and pass everyone as we are on the correct side of the island. This is one I have never seen. How this didn’t end in an accident I am not sure. Finally as I got closer to home a cart catches up to me and as I turn from the path to go into a village, this cart heads out onto Buena Vista. Probably just a normal day in the life of a Villager but I found it interesting as we were enjoying our ride. I for one don’t think there should be any passing in a golf cart since they are all suppose to go the same speed but that is not for me to decide.
"...they are all suppose to go the same speed" So in other words, if you are putzing along at 15 mph, all the other carts should be going 15 mph, yes???
Old 03-01-2023, 12:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
PTL someone agrees with me. 1st of all we need more Police in our bubble Land. 2nd of all we need these police to inspect Golf Cart and give fines to any with JACKED-UP governors
Old 03-01-2023, 01:40 PM

Quote:

When are you going to get to the crazies?
Old 03-01-2023, 01:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,380 Times in 2,520 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
PTL someone agrees with me. 1st of all we need more Police in our bubble Land. 2nd of all we need these police to inspect Golf Cart and give fines to any with JACKED-UP governors
Then all the posts will be about over zealous law enforcement, in addition to the bad driving and overtaking!
Old 03-01-2023, 01:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,021 Times in 1,747 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
In TV the criterion is not how much they know. In all too many cases it is what they've forgotten or have lost the capability to do. There are too many folks here whose driving skills have diminished to the point where they are a definite danger to themselves and others.
And there is not much they can do about it as there is no public transportation. Uber and Lyft are expensive so what are they supposed to do? They moved here like my uncle and aunt permanently. We don’t throw old pets away, what about our old people?
Old 03-01-2023, 01:54 PM
Default Contractors

I have witnessed many Contractors driving over 60 MPH in the south are . Speed
Max is 30 & even Dow to 20 on Marsh Bend trail. If they hit a Cart at that speed , toes up !!!
Never even seen a Police Officer in that area . 😤
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, pass, front, carts, interesting

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.