The crazies were out tonight.

Closed Thread
Old 03-01-2023, 09:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,089 Times in 2,750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
I know you have all heard every story before but driving around in the cart was interesting. First an impatient driver in front of me fulls out to pass a line of carts when a cart up in front starts to wave people around him, needless to say other carts pull out to pass and the driver in front of me came close to causing an accident. Later I am at a road crossing when I check to see if any cars are coming off a rotary of Buena Vista but instead I see a golf cart coming from the rotary and pull in front of me. Guessing the 2 gents had been drinking or something else as the driving was erratic. Next as following them, someone decides they are going to pass the line of carts but can’t get past all of them so they decide to go left of the upcoming island and pass everyone as we are on the correct side of the island. This is one I have never seen. How this didn’t end in an accident I am not sure. Finally as I got closer to home a cart catches up to me and as I turn from the path to go into a village, this cart heads out onto Buena Vista. Probably just a normal day in the life of a Villager but I found it interesting as we were enjoying our ride. I for one don’t think there should be any passing in a golf cart since they are all suppose to go the same speed but that is not for me to decide.
Passing by driving on the wrong side of an island between the MMP, in the dark no less. Haven’t seen that one yet, yikes 😬.
Old 03-02-2023, 06:37 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,782 Times in 3,648 Posts

12 posts in a row.

Can you spell P-R-O-B-L-E-M

Old 03-02-2023, 07:22 AM
Default What white lines?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelJohnson View Post
Passing a golf cart is illegal. Why? Because in crossing the solid line you are in the legal line of traffic. Only legally authorized vehicles are allowed in that lane. Therefore you could be charged with operating an unregistered, uninsured, etc. vehicle. Don't believe me? Ask anyone that got pulled over for going too fast and ask how much it cost! They weren't charged for speeding.
There are no white lines on multi-modal paths.
Old 03-02-2023, 08:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
12 posts in a row.

Can you spell P-R-O-B-L-E-M

I have to say that 12 posts in a row should be championed, NOT CONDEMNED. It shows an interest in the subject of the thread. In grade school, we learned that NO response or question IS a BAD question. Personally I NEVER comment on threads like dog poop in yards or squeaky garage doors.
.......A forum SHOULD champion responses as it shows INTEREST in a subject. I have heard of other posters saying that there should be a response limit on number of posts. I see that as an UNAMERICAN attempt to FORCE
only ONE-SIDED ARGUMENTS for every subject or thread. Historically, did Congress say to Patrick Henry, "you can't say that because 70% of the Congress disagrees with you and ONLY 30% agree with you"? With that kind of thinking the US could still be OWNED by England.
.......That 70% v 30% balance IS about what the MAKE-UP of The Villages is on about ALL of the issues. I am OFTEN on the 30% side of MANY issues. Does that make me a BAD person, with 2 heads........someone to be THREATENED with post number limitation? If so, one could argue that freedom itself is on the downhill in The Villages. And I hope that NEVER spreads to the NATION.
......I am NOT ALWAYS part of the 30% side of an issue. I did NOT like what the US did by exiting Afghanistan too prematurely. And I am FIRMLY for controlling the SOUTHERN US BORDER. I NOTICED that when I have OPINIONS that MATCH the 70% that I do NOT get criticism or THREATS to limit my POSTS.
Old 03-02-2023, 10:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,022 Times in 1,748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
I have to say that 12 posts in a row should be championed, NOT CONDEMNED. It shows an interest in the subject of the thread. In grade school, we learned that NO response or question IS a BAD question. Personally I NEVER comment on threads like dog poop in yards or squeaky garage doors.
.......A forum SHOULD champion responses as it shows INTEREST in a subject. I have heard of other posters saying that there should be a response limit on number of posts. I see that as an UNAMERICAN attempt to FORCE
only ONE-SIDED ARGUMENTS for every subject or thread. Historically, did Congress say to Patrick Henry, "you can't say that because 70% of the Congress disagrees with you and ONLY 30% agree with you"? With that kind of thinking the US could still be OWNED by England.
.......That 70% v 30% balance IS about what the MAKE-UP of The Villages is on about ALL of the issues. I am OFTEN on the 30% side of MANY issues. Does that make me a BAD person, with 2 heads........someone to be THREATENED with post number limitation? If so, one could argue that freedom itself is on the downhill in The Villages. And I hope that NEVER spreads to the NATION.
......I am NOT ALWAYS part of the 30% side of an issue. I did NOT like what the US did by exiting Afghanistan too prematurely. And I am FIRMLY for controlling the SOUTHERN US BORDER. I NOTICED that when I have OPINIONS that MATCH the 70% that I do NOT get criticism or THREATS to limit my POSTS.
“All pigs are equal, but some pigs are more equal than others”.
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, pass, front, carts, interesting

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.