Crazy Driving Getting Worse

Old 01-26-2024, 11:48 AM
Default Crazy Driving Getting Worse

Everyday now when I leave the house I say a little prayer for a safe trip. Yesterday, three near collisions. A car making a left turn right in front of my car on 301–this happens frequently. But this time the driver almost caused an accident—he was that close! Another was a car entering a turnaround with my car right in front of hers! She stopped just in the nick of time. Another time was again on 301–a driver weaving in and out of traffic. He almost collided with my car when cutting into my lane.
Then there was the driver of a red Toyota Rav 4 who sped right through a turnaround without even slowing down, as if the turnaround did not exist.
We moved here 3 years ago.I enjoyed driving then. What has happened?
Old 01-26-2024, 11:53 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdasta View Post
Everyday now when I leave the house I say a little prayer for a safe trip. Yesterday, three near collisions. A car making a left turn right in front of my car on 301–this happens frequently. But this time the driver almost caused an accident—he was that close! Another was a car entering a turnaround with my car right in front of hers! She stopped just in the nick of time. Another time was again on 301–a driver weaving in and out of traffic. He almost collided with my car when cutting into my lane.
Then there was the driver of a red Toyota Rav 4 who sped right through a turnaround without even slowing down, as if the turnaround did not exist.
We moved here 3 years ago.I enjoyed driving then. What has happened?
What was the common denominator?

Old 01-26-2024, 12:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,507 Posts

One thing people forget about, or just don't realize, until its too late. The door post/windshield frame can hide stationary and moving objects. Small and LARGE. Be careful! Very careful, always. You may or may not see them. Do they, can they see you?
Old 01-26-2024, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post

For me the common denominator is, there are simply no long police patrolling traffic. I drive down Morse every day and every fing day see drivers doing well over 50+, weaving in and out of traffic. Every day!!! Never have I seen a cop pulling anyone over.
Old 01-26-2024, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post

Ha! That's what I was thinking!
Old 01-26-2024, 12:15 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,132 Times in 812 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbb View Post
F Never have I seen a cop pulling anyone over.
Unless an accident already happened, then their all over blocking traffic.
Yep, been here 8 years and seen only on traffic stop and that was a 18 wheeler.
Old 01-26-2024, 12:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbb View Post
For me the common denominator is, there are simply no long police patrolling traffic. I drive down Morse every day and every fing day see drivers doing well over 50+, weaving in and out of traffic. Every day!!! Never have I seen a cop pulling anyone over.
And, if they did, where would they pull over to? There are no shoulders, curb lanes, virtually anywhere. Like to see a corvette climb the curb onto the lawn like worker trucks.
Just too many speeders and reckless drivers and no place to safely catch them. Have to follow them until they find a parking lot or go thru a gate into the villages.
Old 01-26-2024, 01:24 PM

Heres the view thru my windshield... its not any one person or any one thing, but as a collective whole driving civility is gone... in todays me, me, me world with the demands of instant gratification it's, I have to be first, and fastest, cause I have places to be, AND I want to talk on the phone while driving.
This area, especially in the Vill, has so many contractors running up and down the roads to get to the next job, its hard to keep out of their way. and this notion of just slow down... that's not going to work either, society just doesn't march to the same drumbeat. Now think back to your younger yrs... your teens... how many cars per family? 1 more than likely... today probably 4 (plus the toys)... do the math..
I was fortunate to have spent some time living in Texas, where signs all over the place reminded everyone to "Drive Friendly" Thats all it is... if some wants to go fast, let em, no signals, you just keep and eye out. riding right on your tail..slide over. You keep you safe! The rest will sort itself out. and when all else fails... Invest in a dash cam... works wonders in court.
Old 01-26-2024, 01:30 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety Ranger View Post
so many contractors running up and down the roads to get to the next job, its hard to keep out of their way.
No its not!

I am a slow driver and the fast drivers do not bother me at all. I just go along at my speed and I don't have a problem with the drivers who want to faster than me.
Old 01-26-2024, 01:38 PM

I understand that the city of Wildwood recently hired a new patrol officer. Total of 4 now. They have been setting up speed traps on Warm Springs Ave for the past few months. So perhaps that’s a step forward.

Snowbirds in town don’t help the madness on the roads.
Old 01-26-2024, 02:34 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,047 Times in 538 Posts
Default Accountability

It seems some have blurred the difference between driving a car and golf cart maneuvering. Throw in some traffic circles and increase in grey car paint schemes and there are going to be some close calls. The great news is you saw close calls and not traffic fatalities.

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning
Old 01-26-2024, 03:13 PM
Gold member
Default Purchased 3 unmarked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pondboy View Post
I understand that the city of Wildwood recently hired a new patrol officer. Total of 4 now. They have been setting up speed traps on Warm Springs Ave for the past few months. So perhaps that’s a step forward.

Snowbirds in town don’t help the madness on the roads.
Wildwood purchased 3 unmarked police cars last month. It’s in the agenda minutes.

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning
Old 01-26-2024, 04:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,382 Times in 2,520 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
Wildwood purchased 3 unmarked police cars last month. It’s in the agenda minutes.
Next major complaint will be Wildwood PD overzealous, and booking far too many Village motorists!
Old 01-26-2024, 04:21 PM
Gold member
Default Overzealous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Next major complaint will be Wildwood PD overzealous, and booking far too many Village motorists!
Can the police be overzealous at this point? Any zealous movement might be a positive for most.

Old 01-26-2024, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post

I found the article on Villages News. It stated that they use to have 500 traffic stops per month, they now have about 1000. Most of the tickets are being issued to Villagers.

Tags
car, time, driver, turnaround, front

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.