Culver's is coming, and it's not to Trailwinds Village.

Closed Thread
Old 01-23-2018, 09:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
I have never had a "butter burger" and only eat at fast food places maybe once per month, have to say I am intrigued as I love a good cheeseburger. My favorite cheap burger fix is McD's double cheeseburger with small side of fries, less than $3.

Can someone with experience with Culvers describe their offering in detail?
On a budget? You can get their Snack Pak (hamburger, fries and a drink) but don't know price. You can also order the same but in a kid's meal and on the bag is a tag you pull off for a free frozen custard. I always ask for my ffries to be extra crispy! Burgers are fresh...never frozen AND if need be you can ask for a gluten free bun. ALL much tastier than McD's...but that's my opinion.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:56 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
On a budget? You can get their Snack Pak (hamburger, fries and a drink) but don't know price. You can also order the same but in a kid's meal and on the bag is a tag you pull off for a free frozen custard. I always ask for my ffries to be extra crispy! Burgers are fresh...never frozen AND if need be you can ask for a gluten free bun. ALL much tastier than McD's...but that's my opinion.
Actually not on a budget, just like good burgers and have paid from $2 to $20 for the experience. Looking forward to a Culvers burger!
Old 02-15-2018, 01:10 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
This will be a great addition to the "fast food" restaurant venue in The Villages. Custard is much better than ice cream IMHO. Culver's is going into the building that was a Dairy Queen when we first moved here. I never could figure why Dairy Queen couldn't make it here----management perhaps. Culver's Chili is very good----welcome to delicious!
Did you ever notice the people who worked at Dairy Queen? Their
uniforms were filthy.....not just ice cream and chocolate, it was ice cream, chocolate, strawberry sauce, butterscotch sauce and everything else from the month. If the owner paid as little attention to his business as he did to the employees, it's no wonder it went out of business.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:11 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
Everything is better than McD's. They are the bottom of the barrel in my opinion.
Old 02-15-2018, 08:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
Everything is better than McD's. They are the bottom of the barrel in my opinion.
Shirley. YOU JEST!

Just had the quarter pounder with cheese last night.

Our kids worked at our local McDonalds, and would complain about being on closing shift where the help had to clean everything, even washing the under-table top.

I will never forget the fun of Friday nights (one car family then) when we went grocery shopping and had dinner at McDonalds with the kids.

I am a simple girl.

Last edited by graciegirl; 02-15-2018 at 09:03 AM.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Culver's might accomplish one thing, you won't have to wait as long at Steak & Shake for a table. I use to go there on Saturdays after my softball game and if you weren't there by noon, there was always a long wait. They have that room that you enter before getting into the restaurant itself. You would think they could of air conditioned that area and made it an actual waiting room. Instead they have an area that is about 10'x10' for 15 or 20 people to stand and at the same time other customers are trying to pay their bill and exit.

We have recently gone to Steak & Shake a couple of times because I really like their chili, especially chili supreme. It's no different on a weekday, big lines waiting to for a table and nowhere to go. The place only gets by because of the wait staff is good at their jobs.

For those of us from Maryland and especially those who are familiar with Thrasher's French Fries on the Boardwalk in Ocean City will find the fries at Five Guys is the closest they can get, they even have the vinegar. No ketchup please. My cousin use to operate a sub shop across the street from Thrashers and he had to take all the ketchup off the tables because Thrashers will only give you vinegar. Any true Marylander who knows how to eat those fresh cut fries will only want vinegar anyway.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:12 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Shirley. YOU JEST!

Just had the quarter pounder with cheese last night.

Our kids worked at our local McDonalds, and would complain about being on closing shift where the help had to clean everything, even washing the under-table top.

I will never forget the fun of Friday nights (one car family then) when we went grocery shopping and had dinner at McDonalds with the kids.

I am a simple girl.

No I do not jest. I think the food is awful but if you like it by all means enjoy.
Old 02-15-2018, 12:47 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

I have eaten at three different Culvers, and their burgers were always the worst of all fast-food burgers.
Closed Thread

Tags
supposed, plaza, trace, southern, open

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.