Cussing female on multimodal path

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2020, 12:38 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfish View Post
It is not only more polite but necessary for you to follow the path rules, walk facing into the traffic, that is carts and bikes. If you are walking with two or more people you should walk on the edge single file for your own safety and others, as well. Really would you walk with your grandchildren on the highway with your back to a truck and be shocked with they sound a fog horn??? Sorry to say you are completely wrong and put your grandchildren in danger. Walkers on the paths of course are entitled to be there but are not entitled...
In the southern section there are beautiful wide paths where walkers, bike riders etc use. No golf carts. I
They are not on the street at all. So the children were never on the street at all or in danger.
Old 04-02-2020, 12:49 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
Having not witnessed this I can't comment on it other than to say that profanity is often used when people are frightened, frustrated or angry. I'm not excusing her actions. What is curious to me is your last line. " Not on vacation (visiting?)" would imply they are living with you. Really none of my business, just curious.
They came before this mess and it would be dangerous for them to go home. Thank you for asking.
Old 04-02-2020, 01:22 PM

This sure has been an entertaining thread to read. Too funny! Every time I hear a cyclist called a biker I can't help laughing.
Biker = person riding a motorcycle
Cyclist = person riding a bicycle
Friendliest Hometown = An antiquated myth that hasn't applied for several years now.
If people can't exercise the self control to NOT swear and use foul language in front of CHILDREN, maybe they should remove themselves from society.
If everyone lived by the Golden Rule, the world would be a so much nicer place. Unfortunately, there will always be mean, rude, power hungry, nasty people for the rest of us to deal with. Such is life.
Karma has no menu. You get served what you deserve. Peace!

Medicated Vet ... For your protection.
Quote from Boot Camp Company Commander: "I'm gonna have to issue you all plexi-glass belly buttons, so when you have your heads up your asses, you can at least see where you're going."
Old 04-02-2020, 01:26 PM

Why? Because it makes them feel in control?! Not good especially in front of little kids. That person was so wrong and needs to control her attitude or stay indoors.
Old 04-02-2020, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missypie View Post
We were in the Fenney area today walking with our 2 grandkids when we heard a ding ding bell. When we turned around she was cussing up a storm telling us to walk in single file. She was riding a bicycle. This is not an easy time for anyone. But to cuss at us was disheartening. I'm sure she is stressed at home, but please not in front of the kids. They are not here on vacation.
Stress or no stress I am HORRIFIED at what seem people think is appropriate language. I wish people who talked that way knew how classless, immature, and uneducated it makes them seem. I am not guiltless, but I sure do wish we could keep that language out of villages!
Old 04-02-2020, 01:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,017 Times in 1,743 Posts

Sorry, biker=1%er ie. outlaw. We riders prefer “motorcycle enthusiast” or sport bike riders, trail bike riders etc
Old 04-02-2020, 02:33 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
The OP did not say they were on the MMP, in the area of Putt and Play where there were there are wide walking trails, more like sidewalks which is where they most likely were, the MMP runs along side the trails with grass in between. With all of the people that are walking now because of the virus, it makes more sense for those on bikes to use the MMPS on which they are allowed and stay off the walking trails, problems with pedestrians solved.
Please see the title of the OP's post.
Old 04-02-2020, 03:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
Please see the title of the OP's post.
So now, there are a lot of unanswered questions

Was it a MMP or not?
Were they walking on the wrong side or not?
Did they have the 5&6 year old kids under control or not?
What was in the stroller? A dog????
Was there any traffic of any kind coming the other way that the cyclist may have seen but not them?

The cyclist lost all credibility by using her potty mouth

However, we haven't heard the other side. Is it possible this cyclist was approaching 2 adults, 2 children and a stroller who were all over the path and did nothing to get out of the way when she rang her bell, saw people on the other side of the path so she couldn't go around, and lost it?

I don't think so, since the OP sounds very reasonable, but none of us know for sure. The one thing we know is the cyclist used vulgar language, or at least we think we know......
Old 04-02-2020, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeM View Post
Adults are free to use any language they wish.
In your house ONLY.
Old 04-02-2020, 03:15 PM

Hurrah, so so true. I believe cussing in public to me is crude anyway. It shows no respect. People like think they are entitled. Better than anyone. But they are the lowest people usually.
Old 04-02-2020, 03:17 PM

Me too. I do agree , they are classless, very crude people. What kind of parents did they have.
Old 04-02-2020, 03:27 PM
Platinum member

My word. People must really be bored. 9 pages and 131 comments on swearing. Get a grip people.
Old 04-02-2020, 03:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
My word. People must really be bored. 9 pages and 131 comments on swearing. Get a grip people.
Yet you are reading and commenting.
Old 04-02-2020, 03:31 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Yet you are reading and commenting.
As are you my dear
Old 04-02-2020, 03:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
As are you my dear
Definitely. But I am not the one saying people "must be bored". Nice try, though.
Closed Thread

Tags
cussing, ding, easy, time, multimodal

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.