Cut off the legs of a dead elk with a chainsaw

Closed Thread
Old 11-11-2010, 09:17 AM
Default Cut off the legs of a dead elk with a chainsaw

"A Central Florida construction company owner cut off the legs of a dead elk with a chainsaw for a photo opportunity while hunting in Montana, new documents allege.

"Wildwood businessman James "Ike" Rainey, owner of the Rainey Construction Co., is one of eight defendants who were charged with felony poaching violations in Montana last week.

"Rainey and Mark Morse, president and chief operating officer of The Villages retirement community 60 miles northwest of Orlando, are facing charges for illegally killing and possessing animals on their Montana ranches."
Snip.....

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,2346627.story
Old 11-11-2010, 09:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I have to wonder why such a thread was started.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Old 11-11-2010, 10:15 AM
Default Agree

Quote:
Is Shadow using this forum as some kind of vendetta against The Villages or the Morse family?
Old 11-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Veteran member

I agree and would expect nothing different from shadow having read his comments here and on the old poa website.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:35 AM
Gold member
Location: Retired and living fulltime in The Village of Bonita!

AMEN!

Army Guy
Old 11-11-2010, 10:57 AM

Quote:
I am just the messenger. It is news. It is related to TV and I love to see how many times I can make you attract the messenger because you can have no other comment about article because I know dam well you are on the developers payroll and in charge of monitoring this site. It is your job to put whip cream on every dog log you find.

I am sorry so much whip cream gives me sugar shock.

You never did say what you thought about the content of the article.

Did you want to thank me for making the effort to provide the information to the people that find this activity criminal and want it stopped? Or we could pretend it did not happen.

Nothing personal, but you were wondering.

You can have the last word.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
I am just the messenger. It is news. It is related to TV and I love to see how many times I can make you attract the messenger because you can have no other comment about article because I know dam well you are on the developers payroll and in charge of monitoring this site. It is your job to put whip cream on every dog log you find.

I am sorry so much whip cream gives me sugar shock.

You never did say what you thought about the content of the article.

Did you want to thank me for making the effort to provide the information to the people that find this activity criminal and want it stopped? Or we could pretend it did not happen.

Nothing personal, but you were wondering.

You can have the last word.
I would guess that the only people who really have known me from Ohio and know all about my previous life there, the couple who gave us the tour two years ago and gave us a sweet cool drink would be the people to ask about who I really am and what I am really like. They don't post on here and I just YELLED at her on the phone about a health issue she is ignoring so she may be mad at me this second.

I could tell people anything, we all could. We are new to each other. On one hand I am complimented by the fact that you think I work for the Morses and on the other hand I am offended. I try very hard to be an honest person.

I swear that I do not work for the Morses and I have never met any of them.

I am not seeking employment, but I would love to meet them. Still...even after this awful hunting situation.

I would like to meet you Shadow. I am an old wrinkled woman who is very grateful to be here.

Last edited by graciegirl; 11-11-2010 at 06:40 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Well, it's kind of hard to argue with Shadow's logic if not his rhetoric; it is news about The Villages' developer and construction company, and this is Talk of the Villages. But I say let's wait to see the facts shake out in court. There will probably be a plea bargain, and we can make our determination based upon what the defendants admit to.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:20 AM
Taltarzac

I would take what the Orlando Sentinel prints about the Villages with a grain of salt. They seem more interested in stories that get read by non-Villagers than actual facts about the Villages. It is about selling newspapers and competing with the Internet and TV news programs.

Wait for the legal system to work this out even though the first thing they teach you in law school is that the legal system has nothing to do with truth nor with justice. It has more to do with evidence and the appearance of justice.

On to another item in a previous post, I really doubt if Graciegirl is on the Villages' developers' payroll. She is just another person who loves her new community and is very vocal about it.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 11-11-2010 at 11:27 AM.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:45 AM
Platinum member
Default Whoa!

So Shadow, if one questions your motivation for this thread, it is only because that person must be "on the payroll of the developer"?

Gracie is one of the fairest persons to be on this forum. She always gives everyone the benefit of the doubt....everyone. Unlike many of the others on here, she looks for the good in everyone...not the bad or sensational or just the developers. It's a really long, unfair stretch to wonder if she is an employee (excuse me, on the payroll) of the developer because she refuses to believe the news hype. These are allegations, folks, not a conviction.

If that is the criteria by which you judge (yes, I believe you are judging her), then you'd better count lots of the rest of us as "on the payroll" as well. I have met Gracie and found her to be a warm, caring person who truly appreciates what she has. Nobody has to be "on the payroll" to do that.

I have to wonder when this became a country of trial by media replacing trial by a jury of one's peers. Hmmmm?

Thank you for being you, Gracie.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 11-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Default Montana's Radio and newspapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac View Post
I would take what the Orlando Sentinel prints about the Villages with a grain of salt. They seem more interested in stories that get read by non-Villagers than actual facts about the Villages. It is about selling newspapers and competing with the Internet and TV news programs.

Wait for the legal system to work this out even though the first thing they teach you in law school is that the legal system has nothing to do with truth nor with justice. It has more to do with evidence and the appearance of justice.

On to another item in a previous post, I really doubt if Graciegirl is on the Villages' developers' payroll. She is just another person who loves her new community and is very vocal about it.
I love the community here too. But don't blame anyone other than those who were closest to the source for this information. It is all over Montana's newspapers and radio stations. It is even being carried in some hunting blogs. Again I love it here, but as a hunter, I know how attrocious these acts are. Of course people on this board will deny any wrong-doing occurred. I am not one. Way too much evidence.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:25 PM
Sage

I, too, wonder why you've posted this story, Shadow, though it's your right to. At this point, my personal feeling is there's not much more to say about the situation. We're not in the area where the incidents were to have taken place, our input has no impact on how matters will be handled and anything we say is only personal feelings.

Not sure why you've felt the need to imply Gracie is working for the Morses. I've met Gracie and she is a dear, sweet woman who chooses to see the more positive side of situations and truly loves where she is living. More of us should stop jumping to conclusions about events and situations. (You know the old saying, if you ASSUME, you make an ass out of you and me.... ) I, too, find this community to be a wonderful place to live, "warts and all." Not sure if you feel the same way, but I love it here. The Villages is unlike any other retirement community in the world, describing it to others leaves non-Villagers shaking their heads....it can't be as nice as that....but it is. We who live here, full time or seasonally, have CHOSEN to do so. The Morses don't need a "shill" to promote life here.

Last edited by pooh; 11-11-2010 at 12:40 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post

If that is the criteria by which you judge (yes, I believe you are judging her), then you'd better count lots of the rest of us as "on the payroll" as well. I have met Gracie and found her to be a warm, caring person who truly appreciates what she has. Nobody has to be "on the payroll" to do that.

I have to wonder when this became a country of trial by media replacing trial by a jury of one's peers. Hmmmm?

Thank you for being you, Gracie.
There are people who just seem too good to be true, and most of the time they end up being frauds.But Gracie, by all accounts from the people that have met her, including my Sharon, really IS too good to be true.That being said; Gracie, i don't have anymore room in my garage for your"Gracie For Mayor" signs, please pick them up

PS. In the past, The Shadow has contributed alot of valuable information to this board.You need balance on every message board and Shadow performs that service to TOTV.Everyone of us, wishes we could delete a post we wrote ,............and that was one.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:03 PM

Please note what I posted was a news article. No trial accrued. I furnished a news paper article. I did not comment on the article. So I am more guilt of doing more wrong than the people that allegedly did wrong?

Wait till the trial is over OK.

Quote:
Florida justices uphold death for triggerman in The Villages murder
Nov. 10--The state Supreme Court today upheld the conviction and death sentence for the killer in the first-ever murder in The Villages.
Renaldo "Pooney" McGirth, then 20, became the youngest person on Florida's death row in May 2008 when he was sentenced for the first-degree murder of Diana Miller on July 21, 2006. He and two friends had tried to rob Miller, 63, and her husband, James, at the retired couple's home on Wesley Street in The Villages.
http://dailyme.com/story/20101110000...-villages.html

I should not post this because?????????Reason number one, I can not read it because it is not in the “The Villages Daily Sun”.
Please not it is buried deep in this thread.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.