Cybercurrency

Closed Thread
Old 11-24-2020, 09:24 AM

A lot of smarter investors than me with deep pockets are into Crypto. Must be something to it. Anyone starting a bitcoin club; I'm in.
Old 11-24-2020, 09:25 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,776 Times in 3,644 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
To the OP, easiest place to deal with crypto right now is COINBASE as you can buy, sell & trade using your debit card. If you're looking at PayPal for Crypto, don't at this time.

Agree with COINBASE being easy. A good place to stick your toe in and test the waters.
Old 11-24-2020, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrider View Post
I need some help in setting up an account. Tried it on my own, but seem to hit a roadblock. If you know your way around the system and would be available to render some assistance, I would appreciate it morally and financially (for you). Contact me at cburdeaux@comcast.net.
You could try through Paypal since they are now dealing in cyber $.
Old 11-24-2020, 11:30 AM
Wink Unlike fiat currency bitcoin is transparent and traceable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Very questionable ethical stuff. Seems to be used by people who for some reason don't want to be held responsible for their transactions. If you can't take responsibility, then don't do it.
Unlike fiat currency, bitcoin allows every transaction ever made to be seen and tracked by anyone at any time. The blockchain is a public record of every single bitcoin transaction. The only secrecy is in who owns what account. The recent price jump may be a bit ahead of itself but everyone is looking to the end of bitcoin mining, which should happen within the next year. The total number of bitcoins is 21 million. Take into account that approx 4 million are know to be lost forever in unrecoverable accounts and wiped wallets and the transition to a network that is paid only through transactions rather than the processing as peripheral to mining is expected to drive increased demand overall. However, it is the redirection of the tens (possibly hundreds) of billions of dollars that have been poured into mining in the past few years (largely by companies such as IBM, Microsft, Apple, Bitmain, Intel, etc.) that also brought major investments from investment funds, is widely expected to push the price of bitcoin over the next couple of years.
Setting up a local wallet is very different (and much more complicated) than setting up a remote wallet because a remote wallet service is constantly updated with new blockchain info, a local full bitcoin wallet must be updated before each use, and if you use it infrequently these blockchain updates can be large and time consuming (I didn't use a wallet for over a year and the update before I could use it took 22 hours on a fiberoptic connection to download). There are also "lite" local wallets that only tie to online blockchain resources when connected. Once you figure out which type is best for you there are numerous youtube videos and instructions available on the web. Try reading a few threads on bitcointalk.org its also a great place to ask questions. Hope this helps.
Old 11-24-2020, 11:53 AM

I just received a notice that PayPal is now entering the world of digital currency. All traceable if you an accountant with them check it out.

All currency government issued paper backed by nothing or digital is fake.

Most all previous empires started with Gold then moved to sliver and then copper and then some for of alloys finally settling in on Paper backed by a promise.
Old 11-24-2020, 02:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcal63 View Post
Try reading a few threads on bitcointalk.org its also a great place to ask questions. Hope this helps.
Yes for sure, but also a place to quite easily get yourself scammed.
Old 11-24-2020, 02:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacDQ View Post
I just received a notice that PayPal is now entering the world of digital currency. All traceable if you an accountant with them check it out.

All currency government issued paper backed by nothing or digital is fake.

Most all previous empires started with Gold then moved to sliver and then copper and then some for of alloys finally settling in on Paper backed by a promise.
All you can do on PayPal now is INVEST (def not a good time for that) but you can't send it to others or purchase anything.
Old 11-25-2020, 09:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,938 Times in 2,458 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freehiker View Post
Regular currency is used every second of the day for unethical things by people that don’t want to be held responsible for their transactions.

There is no difference.
IMO all governments in civilized world wants electronic transactions so they can get ride of paper money, that way they can see and track ALL financial transactions for tax purposes, It’s coming paper money worthless anyway, never going pay off 27 trillion plus.
Closed Thread

Tags
contact, system, financially, render, assistance

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.