CYV Parking

Closed Thread
Old 09-15-2010, 05:57 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9-Lovers View Post
JimJoe,

The CYV known as Tierra Grande all have 2-car garages. Some of those villas are even 2-stories. There always seems to be one for sale, too! Keep your eye on them -- they go quickly. They are located on Palo Alto Drive.
DeLaguna and DeLaguna west in rio grande also have 2 car garages
Old 09-15-2010, 07:13 AM
Gold member
Location: Retired and living fulltime in The Village of Bonita!

We live in a CYV on a dead end, and IT USE to be a problem for us. As most know CYVs have curved driveways, so even to back my OWN car, much less deliveries, was almost impossible unless I actually backed straight out into the actual street intersection and then turned to leave.
As some will recall, I asked what to do and you all steered me right! Call Deed Compliance. I then was refered to an actual Council Meeting. There I stated my case for NO Parking signs, they would not do that yet, but told Community Watch who has a Rep there to make a priority.
I called CW several times after when vehicles where there and within 15 min they were there looking for the owner and left a ticket. Yes, I will admit, I did tick off some of my neighbors, but if the shoe was on the other foot.....
AND I no longer have anyone park in my dead end!!!

Army Guy
Old 09-15-2010, 07:16 AM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default soooo what is done if...?

Seems there is very limitted parking for guests as I remember. What do you do if it is a popular type holiday where you may get several villas with more than 1 guest for several days? Seems there is not enough parking say for Mother's Day or Christmas. Or perhaps this just doesn't occur. Just wondering.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:21 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmith View Post
Seems there is very limitted parking for guests as I remember. What do you do if it is a popular type holiday where you may get several villas with more than 1 guest for several days? Seems there is not enough parking say for Mother's Day or Christmas. Or perhaps this just doesn't occur. Just wondering.
This has happened to us, our guests just park in the street or we park partially on the gravel in our yard.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:00 AM

The problem seems to be that the Deed Compliance office talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk. They meay say something to violators, but the parking reverts to the street anyway. The same cars remain in visitor parking for months. Will keep trying.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:16 AM
Default Deed compliance and CYV parking

My experience with deed compliance regarding overnight parking...they do walk the walk. You need to call them with the address of the offenders location. At times it is not the owner, but a renter or guests and when this happens I give them two days of overnight parking on the street, then call Deed Compliance and they take care of it that evening.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:33 PM
Default Apparently not anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncr2482 View Post
My experience with deed compliance regarding overnight parking...they do walk the walk. You need to call them with the address of the offenders location. At times it is not the owner, but a renter or guests and when this happens I give them two days of overnight parking on the street, then call Deed Compliance and they take care of it that evening.
Quote:
Village Watch told me they check license plates in CYV guest parking lots. If a vehicle parks there for more than a few days, they investigate! So that residents don't use the guest parking for their own second vehicle.
Just called Community Standards again a few minutes ago (called 3 weeks ago and got no results or feedback) about a vehicle parked in our courtyard villa's Visitor Parking. It's been there with a dead battery for almost 3 months now.

This time the woman there did call back and said that they sent a driver around but since the vehicle is tagged there is nothing they can do and that I should call the sheriff. I pointed out to her that it is a violation of our deed restrictions (Article IX. Parking Restrictions - "No owner of a homesite shall park, store or keep any vehicle except wholly within his driveway, garage or other non-visitor parking spaces.")

She just reiterated that the driver said it was tagged and that I had to call the sheriff because it was a public street.

The times they-are-a-changing....sure wish Nick was still there in the VCDD.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.