Dabney and 470, is noise an issue? Maybe Moultrie Creek instead...

Old 04-11-2024, 10:03 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakster66 View Post
I find it fascinating that people often site the football stadium (and associated noise) as a reason to avoid Moultrie Creek. How many home football games do you think they play a year?

But traffic (and traffic noise) on a busy road is everyday.

Full disclosure, we aren't looking at either area for non-noise related reasons. But if we were, I'd be much more wary of house/road proximity than I would be worrying about house/stadium proximity.
Not just noise from the stadium deterred me from buying. It was also the unknown. Are they going to have concerts there? What about the bright lights? There is a hotel planned beside, what is the real purpose? Will there be many sporting events or other events throughout the year? What will the traffic be like in that area? I noticed at least one of the roads may be used by hundreds daily to cut through the Villages. Short term rentals? Probably! The location is perfect. It is near the stadium, between two squares, with a championship golf course and country club nestled in between. Development in that area will include an ABUNDANCE of patio villas. Cheap way for investors to earn rental income.

How busy will Middleton be? Again, traffic is a concern. Problems with youth? We were all young once, it is bound to happen. There are no walls separating designer homes from patio villas increasing the number of kissing lanais. Construction in front of that area will continue for YEARS. Will there be a lot of rerouting? Why so many office buildings? Plus a few more. I suggest visiting the area and open your eyes to the surroundings before purchasing.

Last edited by Randall55; 04-11-2024 at 10:27 PM.
Old 04-12-2024, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlR33 View Post
LOL, where do you think the band practices on a daily basis during the late summer through the end of the band season in November?
Having a son who did marching band in high school, and currently in the Pride of the Southland Marching Band, I am fully aware that the marching band practices frequently for a couple months in the late summer and fall...for a couple hours tops. As stated in my post, traffic is all day, every day, all year.

Unless you're telling me their band stinks, worst case is that you become intimately familiar with this year's music program.

Tags
dabney, fence, villas, road, decisions

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.