Dabney and 470, is noise an issue? Maybe Moultrie Creek instead...

Old 03-15-2024, 03:56 PM
Default Dabney and 470, is noise an issue? Maybe Moultrie Creek instead...

Looking into the patio villas that back up to 470 in Dabney. There is a fence, does that help with road noise? We are relocating from the Boston area and the front of our home sits about 30 feet off of a busy road. No fence. So I'm not familiar with how the fence blocks the sound, or if it doesn't.

I do like the idea of the fences in Dabney, I think it adds some nice privacy.

The other option is the new villa's that are available in Moultrie Creek. Decisions decisions

Thank you!
Kimberly
Old 03-15-2024, 03:59 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyOz View Post
Looking into the patio villas that back up to 470 in Dabney. There is a fence, does that help with road noise? We are relocating from the Boston area and the front of our home sits about 30 feet off of a busy road. No fence. So I'm not familiar with how the fence blocks the sound, or if it doesn't.

The other option is the new villa's that are available in Moultrie Creek. Decisions decisions

Thank you!
Kimberly
Exactly, if not for a little noise, definitely for privacy
Old 03-15-2024, 04:00 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

Thank you!
Kimberly
Moultrie Creek is by the new high school. You will hear stadium noise and daily band practice. Dabney was quiet each time I visited. If you can wait, more villages will be built. Will not take long because the roads are complete. I heard there will be no fences separating villas and designer homes in Moultrie Creek. Kissing lanais can be tricky. Sometimes, you get loud neighbors or pets.
Old 03-15-2024, 04:29 PM

You have to visit to make an informed decision. Possibly multi-visits. I would not buy in TV unless you stay here for at least a month.
Old 03-15-2024, 05:06 PM
Veteran member

I can't answer on Dabney with a fence. I live in Lake Denham. It seems the turnpike noise is much worse. However, 470 at Dabney to the bridge over the turnpike has some of the worst paving I've seen. There is a plan to change 470 in this area to 4 lanes. That will result in nicely paved new roads so I'm hoping that the noise is lowered.

I can tell you that the weather makes an incredible difference on turnpike/470 noise. If it's cool and clear it's very loud at my house in Lake Denham.
Old 03-15-2024, 05:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

We live four streets from the turnpike with a wall, then private property. In the house backyard or pool, you have no idea what is beyond.

Depending on the weather we have humming noise which most don’t notice.
Old 03-15-2024, 06:39 PM

We toured some of the Veranda Homes in Dabney. They we next to 470 and noise was an issue even with fencing and this was at midday.
We definitely want a Veranda home. Hoping they will open some lots for those in Shady Brook. We still have to sell our home so we’re hoping to purchase this fall.
Old 03-15-2024, 06:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Our oldest just looked at verandas in Dabney backing up to 470, they found no issues with road noise. Their last house was just off 6 lane highway in St Paul. So 470 was quite for them. They request front bedroom hopefully have some humming turnpike noise to sleep
Old 03-15-2024, 06:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,784 Times in 1,246 Posts

Quote:

Thank you!
Kimberly
Lived in a similar villa with a wall adjacent to 466A.

The noise from billy bob pickups with cut out mufflers woke us at 5am most mornings. You couldn't have a conversation on the phone sitting on the Lanai.

470 will be widened to 4 lanes.

Last edited by Altavia; 03-16-2024 at 06:10 AM.
Old 03-16-2024, 04:56 AM
Veteran member

You should visit each season probably over 2 years before making any rush decision. Manu locations south of 44 are less then ideal.
Old 03-16-2024, 05:08 AM

Do not buy within 1 mile of those roads. The noise varies wildly depending on temperature, humidity, wind direction. A far better option is a resale in northern portions and for many many reasons besides noise.
Old 03-16-2024, 05:26 AM

The villages is so big, why would anybody want to build next to a hwy? Fence or no fence, you will hear the traffic. If you think making 470 into 4 lanes will make it quieter, there is a reason why they need 4 lanes, and that’s because of more traffic coming, not less.
Also, this area is so far away from any activities. If you want to take your golf cart to golf anywhere near the 466a area, or go to Brownwood or lake sumter square in a golf cart, you will need to leave the day before. Plus the added cost of Leesburg taxes/bond, why??
Old 03-16-2024, 05:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
― Benjamin Franklin
Old 03-16-2024, 06:06 AM

Quote:

Thank you!
Kimberly
IMHO, stay away from Dabney, I just rented there. It is just to far away from anything. It is closer to the Costco in Clearmont than in is to Lake Sumter.
Old 03-16-2024, 06:11 AM

The old saying "there's an a** for every seat!"

Tags
dabney, fence, villas, road, decisions

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.