Dabney and 470, is noise an issue? Maybe Moultrie Creek instead...

Old 03-16-2024, 06:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwirish View Post
You should visit each season probably over 2 years before making any rush decision. Manu locations south of 44 are less then ideal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy05 View Post
Do not buy within 1 mile of those roads. The noise varies wildly depending on temperature, humidity, wind direction. A far better option is a resale in northern portions and for many many reasons besides noise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by huge-pigeons View Post
The villages is so big, why would anybody want to build next to a hwy? Fence or no fence, you will hear the traffic. If you think making 470 into 4 lanes will make it quieter, there is a reason why they need 4 lanes, and that’s because of more traffic coming, not less.
Also, this area is so far away from any activities. If you want to take your golf cart to golf anywhere near the 466a area, or go to Brownwood or lake sumter square in a golf cart, you will need to leave the day before. Plus the added cost of Leesburg taxes/bond, why??
Those with no experience of living south of 44 shouldn’t give advice of things they can only guess.

One has to remember you are happy with your home, the bond that came with it, as did your taxes, but can’t understand why thousands are happy with whatever they’re home back up to.

Many have left the SS, and LSL areas you speak of to live south of 44.
After 3 houses starting in 2007, in the North we are finally very happy living south of 44 with less traffic, great walking paths, less retail, quick access to turnpike, parks and Shopping without it in our backyard. Bonus a much younger generation of friends and neighbors.

About 60% of residents in our village left their homes north of 44 to move south.

Last edited by asianthree; 03-16-2024 at 01:16 PM.
Old 03-16-2024, 06:24 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyOz View Post
Looking into the patio villas that back up to 470 in Dabney. There is a fence, does that help with road noise? We are relocating from the Boston area and the front of our home sits about 30 feet off of a busy road. No fence. So I'm not familiar with how the fence blocks the sound, or if it doesn't.

I do like the idea of the fences in Dabney, I think it adds some nice privacy.

The other option is the new villa's that are available in Moultrie Creek. Decisions decisions

Thank you!
Kimberly
If you want to live in a treeless reclaimed swamp, go for it. If you like peace and quiet and a pleasant experience look up north of CR 466. Little or no infrastructure bond, and in Marion County a stable tax situation.
Old 03-16-2024, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
Exactly, if not for a little noise, definitely for privacy
If one stands in front of the house they will find that the noise from the road actually "bounces" inward to the houses across the street and in further inward. The fence is a very good thing for direct relation to the road.

DeLuna has villas up against the turnpike. I wanted to check that out one day and found that to happen. Across the street I heard it. Further in I could hear the turnpike. If you are used to busy road no problem.
Old 03-16-2024, 06:41 AM

I would really wait few months they are building courtyard villas across the street from Richmond right outside of Brownwood Square. Great location PM me we recently purchased in that area. We are from Boston area
Old 03-16-2024, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwirish View Post
You should visit each season probably over 2 years before making any rush decision. Manu locations south of 44 are less then ideal.
Funny thing on this idea is one can't keep it in a bottle.

In two years one will have the same type of question on a new, location but the same cyclical answer would exist. Renting for 6 months maybe but two years seems kinda long.

Two years from now T V will be almost at Center Hill I believe I read. I agree south of St Catherine and Middleton areas is not the Villages of yeaster years.

They sell Eastport as the new center... which is changing when they add south of the old 470 they have another center being "dreamed" as the future vision.

Gold Wing Nut says every 5 miles they put a square but those squares get smaller and smaller. There is no shopping larger retails planned anytime soon so Clermont, Leesburg or heck Westly Chapel and Tampa for those needs as they spread south of Middleton over the next 15 years or so.

Close to Brownwood is where I would stay. I moved north of 44 for retail shopping and The Villages charm via Golf Cart.

Last edited by GizmoWhiskers; 03-16-2024 at 06:56 AM.
Old 03-16-2024, 06:47 AM

PM me were are from Boston area I will offer you some really good advice.

Last edited by BostonTom; 03-16-2024 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Repeat post
Old 03-16-2024, 06:49 AM

We have a "privacy fence" 8 feet from the side of our house. It gives us privacy in that we can't look directly into the neighbor's lanai and vice versa. However, it does nothing for screening noise. From the neighbors fighting to loud pool parties to dogs barking, we hear it all! On some nights, we can hear turnpike traffic and we're at least a mile, if not further, from that roadway. With as close as the homes are in TV, you're not going to avoid noise pollution.
Old 03-16-2024, 06:51 AM

It's hard to get a tee time in the villages.
Old 03-16-2024, 07:28 AM

I bought within sight of 466 and haven’t any issues with noise, just having to blow leaves off my patio because of all the large beautiful older trees. Plus, no bond and close to many shopping opportunities. Welcome to the bubble.
Old 03-16-2024, 07:33 AM

I live in DeLuna about a block from the turnpike. We’ve been here a year. I can tell you that yes, you can hear noise from the turnpike. But you have to hear it for yourself to decide if it bothers you or not. Don’t take other people’s word for it.

Inside the house you hear absolutely nothing. When I am in the lanai, I can hear a faint background noise, like a “swoosh” of the cars passing, very faint. It does not bother me. It may bother you. It may not. Some people find the noise unacceptable. That is up to them to decide that. I find it quite acceptable and not bothersome at all.

We are looking to move to Moultrie Creek. We tried one of the first Verandas but were unable to get it. Let me tell you, the noise from the school is a lot worse than the turnpike. Again, inside the house you hear nothing. But in the lanai you WILL hear the cheering, the announcer, and the band. Those sounds did not bother us. They may bother you. To each their own.
Old 03-16-2024, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nn0wheremann View Post
If you want to live in a treeless reclaimed swamp, go for it. If you like peace and quiet and a pleasant experience look up north of CR 466. Little or no infrastructure bond, and in Marion County a stable tax situation.
Yes, and all of your VERY elderly neighbors won’t leave you alone and the traffic is HORRIBLE! It’s quiet and vibrant in the South.
Old 03-16-2024, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonTom View Post
I would really wait few months they are building courtyard villas across the street from Richmond right outside of Brownwood Square. Great location PM me we recently purchased in that area. We are from Boston area
Are you sure about that? Typically, “the walls” are the first things to go up and there are no walls yet.
Old 03-16-2024, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyOz View Post
Looking into the patio villas that back up to 470 in Dabney. There is a fence, does that help with road noise? We are relocating from the Boston area and the front of our home sits about 30 feet off of a busy road. No fence. So I'm not familiar with how the fence blocks the sound, or if it doesn't.

I do like the idea of the fences in Dabney, I think it adds some nice privacy.

The other option is the new villa's that are available in Moultrie Creek. Decisions decisions

Thank you!
Kimberly
I cannot answer your question but am from southeast Ma, look me up when you come
Old 03-16-2024, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huge-pigeons View Post
The villages is so big, why would anybody want to build next to a hwy? Fence or no fence, you will hear the traffic. If you think making 470 into 4 lanes will make it quieter, there is a reason why they need 4 lanes, and that’s because of more traffic coming, not less.
Also, this area is so far away from any activities. If you want to take your golf cart to golf anywhere near the 466a area, or go to Brownwood or lake sumter square in a golf cart, you will need to leave the day before.
Many in the north make comments like this about the turnpike, but fail to acknowledge the noise on Morse, Meggison, and 44. Having lived both in the north and south, I'll take the occasional hum of the turnpike verses the constant road noise from cars and golf carts on Morse\Meggison.

The OP is right, it is far from Brownwood....but not far from Middleton. Many in the north haven't kept up with the building in the south and how close things will be.
Old 03-16-2024, 07:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nn0wheremann View Post
And if you want an exciting active life, look south. We moved down here four years ago from the northern area and have not regretted it a single second.

Tags
dabney, fence, villas, road, decisions

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.