Dabney and 470, is noise an issue? Maybe Moultrie Creek instead...

Old 03-16-2024, 08:01 AM

If choosing between the two, my choice is Moultrie Creek. Much less noisy and will way closer to Eastport.
Old 03-16-2024, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyOz View Post
Looking into the patio villas that back up to 470 in Dabney. There is a fence, does that help with road noise? We are relocating from the Boston area and the front of our home sits about 30 feet off of a busy road. No fence. So I'm not familiar with how the fence blocks the sound, or if it doesn't.

I do like the idea of the fences in Dabney, I think it adds some nice privacy.

The other option is the new villa's that are available in Moultrie Creek. Decisions decisions

Thank you!
Kimberly
Just remember, in addition to noise, when you live near the turnpike or any major road, especially with trucks going by every day, you are breathing in all that pollution 24x7, 365. No wall or landscaping is going to stop that.
Old 03-16-2024, 08:09 AM

The villages is not quiet. Simple as that. We are in the Newell Loop area. While the fence helps and gives privacy a lot depends on wind direction. Spend some time where you are thinking about. Good luck. Also from Boston here
Old 03-16-2024, 08:14 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
And if you want an exciting active life, look south. We moved down here four years ago from the northern area and have not regretted it a single second.
So it’s true....the war between the North and the South marches on!
Old 03-16-2024, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStarAirlines View Post
Many in the north make comments like this about the turnpike, but fail to acknowledge the noise on Morse, Meggison, and 44. Having lived both in the north and south, I'll take the occasional hum of the turnpike verses the constant road noise from cars and golf carts on Morse\Meggison.

The OP is right, it is far from Brownwood....but not far from Middleton. Many in the north haven't kept up with the building in the south and how close things will be.
It won’t be far from Eastport and there’s 4 executive and 3 championship golf courses going into the area. No need to go to Brownwood with all that the Eastport area will have to offer. Stores will come but in the meantime it’s a short ride on 470 to 27 where Publix, Winn Dixie, and every store that you need is right there. Good luck to the OP in your search for a brand new house here in TV.
Old 03-16-2024, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nn0wheremann View Post
If you want to live in a treeless reclaimed swamp, go for it. If you like peace and quiet and a pleasant experience look up north of CR 466. Little or no infrastructure bond, and in Marion County a stable tax situation.
I’m thinking that the OP doesn’t want a 15 or 20+ year old house and wants to start out in a new house with all new neighbors in an up and coming area close to Eastport. I think that’s a great place to buy for newbies and that’s where I’d be looking if I was just coming here, as I did some years ago when Brownwood was still under construction. New house, new square, and lots of younger retirees looking to make friends and start their new lives here in TV. Eastport is going to be a great addition to TV and will be a fun place to be.
Old 03-16-2024, 08:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

I would and we did rent for a month before deciding we wanted to move here.

If close to a source of noise spend a lot of time there to decide what it is like.

In addition you will be a long way from shopping and other amenities for quite some time as building goes on and stores come in. Are you ok with that? Brownwood area is 10 years old and stores are still coming.
Old 03-16-2024, 08:42 AM

Noise is definitely an issue with a lot of new homes south of 44. I still do not realize the lure of the new homes vs resales? I have been in the Villages 4 years full time. I think north of 44 has so much more to offer as far as amenities pools, Rec Centers etc., I have 5 pools, 2 rec centers and 2 Championship Golf Course within the 2 miles of my street. There are a lot of investment properties in Villa's and Courtyards. A lot allow pets and children. Being closer to Disney and being next to a rental where the people change out weekly would be my major concern down near Dabney or Denham and the newest which I do not know the names of. I am also a landlord which does not allow either but most do because the new properties do not attract the older crowd who comes here in the winter months they usually get the newbies who have no idea they just rented in an area where they will have to travel to get to major squares, shopping etc., I would strongly suggest you do not buy over the internet. You need to come here for at least a week to see for yourself. Be aware also of the Federal prisons, quarry that the Realtors will never tell you about. The home next to me is for sale in Gilchrist. The potential buyer came to talk to me specifically to see if the area was owners vs renters. We are all owners. Makes a big difference trust me on this one. Plus we have landscaping and the homes are way more attractive in my opinion. There are also a lot of homes less than a year old for sale down south from people who did buy in without doing their homework that you can pick up cheap. There is no fire sale there are plenty of homes to pick up here so do your homework. Also be aware that a lot of our golf courses are in horrible shape if you are coming for that. Too many people and the courses have not kept up.
Old 03-16-2024, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Looking into the patio villas that back up to 470 in Dabney. There is a fence, does that help with road noise? We are relocating from the Boston area and the front of our home sits about 30 feet off of a busy road. No fence. So I'm not familiar with how the fence blocks the sound, or if it doesn't.

The other option is the new villa's that are available in Moultrie Creek. Decisions decisions

Thank you!
Kimberly
You should sit there at different times to see for yourself.
Old 03-16-2024, 10:44 AM

Quote:

Thank you!
Kimberly
Personally I would not buy a new home there.......I would wait and buy pre owned in the area after its built up........I am in the middle right now and its a great location.........AND Im close to eastport and brownwood
Old 03-16-2024, 10:54 AM

Do absolutely have to have a new home? Plenty of pre- owned choices up north in established neighborhoods.
Old 03-16-2024, 11:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:

Thank you!
Kimberly
Relocating? I hope that you are aware that the summers here get very HOT. But, if you insist, I would locate within walking distance of a Recreation Dept that has a swimming pool to keep cool in.
Old 03-16-2024, 11:20 AM

Keep in mind that in many of the areas south of 466 you will be paying County and City property tax which will add an additional few thousand dollars to your property taxes. You will also have fewer amenities, pay more for city water, sewer and garbage adding an additional few hundred dollars per month to your cost of living and of course have a $25,000 plus additional bond to pay off. Most every home north of 466 has the bond already paid off, has mature landscaping, pays lower taxes and monthly costs and has plenty of new younger owners buying in, also they have many less homes being rented out weekly, so you have more stable neighbors, lots less noise and no construction traffic. Not saying one area is better than the other, just giving you monetary and other things to consider. Do come down several times to check out all the areas before you buy. Been here 21+ years and love it here.
Old 03-16-2024, 11:28 AM

Unless the fence is concrete and above your head, it will not stop noise. Trees and shrubs will not stop noise either. They are great for privacy, but I was told by a noise expert long ago that if water can pass through any barrier, so will noise.
Old 03-16-2024, 11:36 AM

With the thousands of homes in The Villages, why would you select a home near a highway or busy road? When it comes to real estate -- Location.... Location.... Location.

Tags
dabney, fence, villas, road, decisions

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.