Dabney and 470, is noise an issue? Maybe Moultrie Creek instead...

Old 03-16-2024, 02:43 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Don't know why you quoted me with that response, but I agree with what you said...
Sorry was just expanding on your point....
Old 03-16-2024, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
We live four streets from the turnpike with a wall, then private property. In the house backyard or pool, you have no idea what is beyond.

Depending on the weather we have humming noise which most don’t notice.
Live at Linden and on some days also here Turnpike tire noise. Since Wildwood has stepped up traffic tickets on Warm Springs the car and trucks have slowed down.
Old 03-16-2024, 03:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
Sorry was just expanding on your point....

-Tom Petty
Old 03-16-2024, 04:44 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

Quote:
Show me where I've made posts "ragging" on the south of 44... Oh, wait... I haven't...

If you actually read the post I responded to, you would see I was simply commenting on a poster, who lives in the south who was ragging on those living in the north... He said "And if you want an exciting active life, look south."

The reality is, I've consistently posted that the north/south argument is ridiculous and one should be happy wherever they decide to live...

Go complain to someone else... Someone who is actually guilty of what you're complaining about...
You continually bash south of 44 and again, it's not becoming. Enjoy the north and allow those below 44 to enjoy the south. This guilt is yours.
Old 03-16-2024, 04:55 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villagesgal View Post
Keep in mind that in many of the areas south of 466 you will be paying County and City property tax which will add an additional few thousand dollars to your property taxes. You will also have fewer amenities, pay more for city water, sewer and garbage adding an additional few hundred dollars per month to your cost of living and of course have a $25,000 plus additional bond to pay off. Most every home north of 466 has the bond already paid off, has mature landscaping, pays lower taxes and monthly costs and has plenty of new younger owners buying in, also they have many less homes being rented out weekly, so you have more stable neighbors, lots less noise and no construction traffic. Not saying one area is better than the other, just giving you monetary and other things to consider. Do come down several times to check out all the areas before you buy. Been here 21+ years and love it here.
Don't be scared by statements like this "an additional few thousand dollars to your property taxes" if you have city property tax. ON a $300,000 assed value, in Lady Lake, their millage rate of 3.3962 would equal $1018.86. Fruitland Park is 3.9134 or $1174.02. Leesburg is 3.4752 or $1042.56 and Wildwood is 2.8287 or $848.61.

Hardly a "few thousand dollars"
Old 03-17-2024, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huge-pigeons View Post
The villages is so big, why would anybody want to build next to a hwy? Fence or no fence, you will hear the traffic. If you think making 470 into 4 lanes will make it quieter, there is a reason why they need 4 lanes, and that’s because of more traffic coming, not less.
Also, this area is so far away from any activities. If you want to take your golf cart to golf anywhere near the 466a area, or go to Brownwood or lake sumter square in a golf cart, you will need to leave the day before. Plus the added cost of Leesburg taxes/bond, why??
Those are all things that matter to YOU, but they may not matter to the OP.
Old 03-17-2024, 07:28 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowilts View Post
Live at Linden and on some days also here Turnpike tire noise. Since Wildwood has stepped up traffic tickets on Warm Springs the car and trucks have slowed down.
After living near LSL for over 10 years watching speeding Lawn companies, UPS and FedEx never worried about a traffic ticket.

Bonus of living south of 44 is Wildwood department actually stops speeders and writes tickets.

I stop every time at their booth during events to thank them for their excellent work.
Old 03-17-2024, 08:17 AM

As the crow flies, we're 500 yds from 470 and a mile from the TP. Don't hear either. I like being close to 470 for ease of access to shopping along 27, I can jump right on the TP (about a mile), etc. and it's only about 4.5 miles to Eastport, which makes it a very fast drive (not the 20-30 mph drive like most in TV). Golf situation in Dabney is less than poor, but it is quiet, less likely to be the rental nightmare around the Town Square areas and the busy streets and noise near new school and young people neighborhoods. We've met most of our neighbors and none are rentals so far.
Old 03-17-2024, 09:11 AM
Soaring Eagle member

If you don’t want noise you better look for a pre-pwned inside TV, where there’s other homes.
Old 03-17-2024, 02:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
You continually bash south of 44 and again, it's not becoming. Enjoy the north and allow those below 44 to enjoy the south. This guilt is yours.
Show me one post. Here's a tip... You can't because I don't do it...

The mistake is yours...

-Tom Petty
Old 03-17-2024, 03:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Show me one post. Here's a tip... You can't because I don't do it...

The mistake is yours...
Not even once?
Old 03-17-2024, 03:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,607 Times in 944 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
I think Dr JM lives as close to 44, without being south of 44. Not sure why he would bash the north or south area, he gets the enjoy both.

I am in the same boat. I spend as much time at Sawgrass as I do at LSL.
Old 03-17-2024, 06:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Not even once?
The Villages Florida

-Tom Petty
Old 03-17-2024, 06:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
I think Dr JM lives as close to 44, without being south of 44. Not sure why he would bash the north or south area, he gets the enjoy both.

I am in the same boat. I spend as much time at Sawgrass as I do at LSL.
Correct... But maybe a bit more time at LSL, definitely more time @ Brownwood... But that's for the restaurants...

I AM a frequent flier @ Fenney Grill...

-Tom Petty
Old 04-09-2024, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samquiros View Post
I live in DeLuna about a block from the turnpike. We’ve been here a year. I can tell you that yes, you can hear noise from the turnpike. But you have to hear it for yourself to decide if it bothers you or not. Don’t take other people’s word for it.

Inside the house you hear absolutely nothing. When I am in the lanai, I can hear a faint background noise, like a “swoosh” of the cars passing, very faint. It does not bother me. It may bother you. It may not. Some people find the noise unacceptable. That is up to them to decide that. I find it quite acceptable and not bothersome at all.

We are looking to move to Moultrie Creek. We tried one of the first Verandas but were unable to get it. Let me tell you, the noise from the school is a lot worse than the turnpike. Again, inside the house you hear nothing. But in the lanai you WILL hear the cheering, the announcer, and the band. Those sounds did not bother us. They may bother you. To each their own.
I currently live on a busy street south of Boston. 40MPH speed limit, 25 feet from my front door and I'm ok with it. I think I'll be ok ***giggle***

Tags
dabney, fence, villas, road, decisions

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.