Dabney Golf Cart gas station a unicorn? Where the heck do we get gas for this thing?

Old 05-09-2024, 06:12 AM
Default Dabney Golf Cart gas station a unicorn? Where the heck do we get gas for this thing?

Renting in Dabney and rented a golf cart. I have no idea where I can get gas for this. I may have to go all the way back to the 7 Eleven next door to the villages golf cars on warm springs avenue. Any suggestions?
Old 05-09-2024, 06:33 AM

The closest would be the dive gas station a couple of miles east on 470. Obviously you'll have to have a car and a gas can.

If not that warm springs or morse and 44.
Old 05-09-2024, 06:52 AM

The closest golf car accessible would be on 44 / Morse, across Chitty Chatty bridge. It's much closer than going all the way up to Water Lily and back to Magnolia Plaza.
Old 05-10-2024, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRoySmith View Post
The closest would be the dive gas station a couple of miles east on 470. Obviously you'll have to have a car and a gas can.

If not that warm springs or morse and 44.
Moving to Eastport, maybe we'll think about an electric cart lol
Old 05-10-2024, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfire View Post
The closest golf car accessible would be on 44 / Morse, across Chitty Chatty bridge. It's much closer than going all the way up to Water Lily and back to Magnolia Plaza.
Many thanks!!!
Old 05-10-2024, 06:09 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,628 Times in 598 Posts

When you are near a station just gas up, that way you have no worries.
Old 05-10-2024, 06:18 AM

This is why owning a home with close proximity to 466 or 466A is a wonderful thing. One of the many wonderful things.
Old 05-10-2024, 06:23 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,561 Times in 724 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyOz View Post
In the Eastport area there will be a gas station at the golf cart store currently under construction and in Middleton at a convenience store that is scheduled. Moving to the Eastport area, gas for your cart should not be an issue within the next 9 months.

When you run out in an electric cart, it’s difficult to bring out a can of battery juice to get you going again, you’ll need a tow home.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 05-10-2024, 08:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,203 Times in 1,945 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrf0151 View Post
This is why owning a home with close proximity to 466 or 466A is a wonderful thing. One of the many wonderful things.
Our home is in between 466 and 466A right off Morse Blvd. Yes, that is the Lake Sumter Landing area. We have with a 10 minute drive by car to 441. Needless to say, this is my preferred location because it is close to what is important to us……. lots of retail, restaurants, medical offices and the hospital.
Old 05-10-2024, 09:37 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrf0151 View Post
Because it’s a quick trip to an abundance of medical facilities, including the hospital. You’ll find that as people age they feel the need to be next-door to every doctor possible.

There is shopping and some places to get food. However, as younger groups move in to TV, I find they shop online. Kroger truck seems to come daily.

I also find older generations have a tendency to eat out from weekly to daily. With mostly chain restaurants available, at 466 or466a.

Younger residents seem to gravitate to healthier, eating at home, enjoy walking trails, and will travel to better restaurants outside of TV.

I for one am happy to live south of 44, with little retail & restaurants, and Traffic. The farther away from the 6’s the happier we are. Then again we will drive to Gainesville, Clermont or Disney couple times a month, for good restaurants.

Up to the Sixes maybe 10 times a year, with one trip a year for a doctor yearly check
Old 05-10-2024, 10:49 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,134 Times in 561 Posts
Default No gas

Perhaps there will be a remote gas station near there someday if they do more golf courses on that side of the turnpike. I would only guess at least 3 years out in your area before you see any option besides a gas can in the garage.

“Everyone may not be good, but there's always something good in everyone. Never judge anyone shortly because every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” - Oscar Wilde
Old 05-10-2024, 04:58 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
Perhaps there will be a remote gas station near there someday if they do more golf courses on that side of the turnpike. I would only guess at least 3 years out in your area before you see any option besides a gas can in the garage.
Op is renting a house and the golf cart for a month, then moving to new home near Middleton where in post #8 Goldwingnut said should be gas at villages cart store in 9 months or so
Old 05-10-2024, 09:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,279 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
In the Eastport area there will be a gas station at the golf cart store currently under construction and in Middleton at a convenience store that is scheduled. Moving to the Eastport area, gas for your cart should not be an issue within the next 9 months.

When you run out in an electric cart, it’s difficult to bring out a can of battery juice to get you going again, you’ll need a tow home.
Will Middleton be something like this?
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7649.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	104064  
Old 05-11-2024, 05:46 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyOz View Post
You don’t need to worry once Eastport is finished. But you should get an electric cart anyway. I love my EZ-GO lithium battery cart. I tried a gas cart but couldn’t stand the noise and fumes.
Old 05-11-2024, 07:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,742 Times in 967 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
Nothing wrong with a gas can in the garage. I have one for my lawn mower. When my cart gets low on gas and I am not going by the station, I use the can for that, too. Just not a problem.

Tags
gas, golf, dabney, cart, back

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.