The Daily Sun.2/9/12. Woman arrested for jewelry theft.

Closed Thread
Old 02-10-2012, 12:39 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Must be a strong Pawn shop lobby.
The first thing we noticed when we moved down here was the number of pawn shops (that and bail bondsmen). When it was explained to me by a native Floridian how the laws are written to protect pawn shops (and, in my opinion, encourage crime), it became apparent why there were so many pawn shops and as a direct result so many bail bondsmen. Bottom line is this area is ripe for petty crime, so don't presume we are in a crime-free bubble.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:57 PM
Gold member

On the note of home security, I will give a shameless plug for the company my son works for: Alarm.com. They are a hi-tech alarm company whereby you can control your alarm system over the internet and/or your smart phone. They also have a partnership with Schlage the lock company such that their keyless lock is connected wirelessly to the alarm system. So, if a cleaning person or anyone else wants to get entry to your house, they could call you when they arrive, and you would then tell them what the temporary code for the lock is set for. When they leave, you are notified and the temporary code is disabled and reset by you to something else. They even have motion sensitive cameras which could send photos of what is happening inside your house to your smart phone or computer.

At least that's the way he described it to me ... he has been promising me a free lab version of the system, for several years now, but that's another story. I don't have any other information such as local dealers, so I will be of no help if this sounds interesting to anyone here.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Gold member

In Hawaii, you must provide a finger print to sell items to a pawn shop. Fake IDs are easy to get.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.