Employment with The Villages Health

Closed Thread
Old 06-25-2023, 07:35 AM
Question Employment with The Villages Health

Can anyone give me any info on working for The Villages Health? Specifically as an LPN. My husband and I are in the process of getting things wrapped up her in PA and will be heading to TV by late Fall. He will be retired and I will work for awhile longer. Currently I am waiting for my FL nursing license to be approved and exploring employment options, including agency nursing and facilities outside TV. Thanks in advance
Old 06-25-2023, 07:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,686 Times in 3,174 Posts

Career opportunities for The Villages Health, right here:

The Villages - Florida's Friendliest Active Adult 55+ Retirement Community
Old 06-25-2023, 10:02 AM
Veteran member

All I can offer is they have a high turnover. I lost my doctor whom I absolutely loved and almost cried when he left to work at the hospital.
Old 06-25-2023, 11:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,429 Times in 2,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGibson View Post
All I can offer is they have a high turnover. I lost my doctor whom I absolutely loved and almost cried when he left to work at the hospital.
Old 06-25-2023, 07:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,623 Times in 1,350 Posts

Pay is not the greatest, on site hospital is like a very large clinic, that shuts down at 0400. Took us back considering we both came from a Level 1 and Level 2 hospital, with non-stop 24 hour adrenaline rush. Chose not to work there, I was truly afraid I would become so bored in a week I would have to leave.

There is a VA clinic on site, better pay, many seem happy, to be with their patients, with the occasional not happy employee, pay is better.

Traveling agencies can broker you a sweet deal, either locally or can travel with great perks. It’s the way we went, with an abundance of jobs for 3 months and longer.

In all the places we have been Florida seems to take the longest to get your credentials.

Last edited by asianthree; 06-28-2023 at 09:48 AM.
Old 06-27-2023, 06:24 AM
Location: Rhode Island native now full time resident of St Johns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theresa Marie View Post
Can anyone give me any info on working for The Villages Health? Specifically as an LPN. My husband and I are in the process of getting things wrapped up her in PA and will be heading to TV by late Fall. He will be retired and I will work for awhile longer. Currently I am waiting for my FL nursing license to be approved and exploring employment options, including agency nursing and facilities outside TV. Thanks in advance
I am a retired R.N. and worked the last 21 years of my 44 year nursing career for the VA in R.I. and retired from Federal service at the end of 2021 before my already retired husband and I relocated to The Villages in May of 2022. The VA does have a large outpatient clinic in The Villages which is where my husband receives care and they do hire LPNs. You do not need a Florida LPN license to work there, but you do need a valid LPN license from any USA state. You can search and apply for LPN positions via the website usajobs.gov. Not sure how long you plan to continue to work and your age, but what was a great benefit for me being under 65 when I retired and not yet eligible for Medicare was I was able to carry my FEHB health insurance into retirement so I had gap coverage before I was eligible to enroll in Medicare. Although it is not inexpensive, I decided to keep my FEHB standard option BC/BS after enrolling in Medicare as it works as a great supplement to Part B which eliminates most all copays other than a small copay for prescription medications. As a Federal employee you do need to be vested for 5 years before you would be eligible to carry your health insurance into retirement.
Old 06-27-2023, 05:34 PM

Great insight, much appreciated.
Old 06-27-2023, 05:36 PM

Thank you. I will definitely explore my options.
Old 06-28-2023, 09:19 AM

I am currently employed at TVH and would be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Tags
employment, nursing, villages, health, approved

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.