Daily Sun Online

Closed Thread
Old 07-07-2012, 12:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrok View Post
I'm looking forward to reading the paper version of the Daily Sun. News? I don't care, but I love the other stuff. The online version not so much. I wish it had the same feel online as it does in paper.
I agree with you! I wish the full version of the Daily Sun was posted on line for the wannabees and gonnabees to read. I also wish that WVLG would stream online. What as much money as the Morse family has, I am surprised their online media offerings are so sparse. I will happily read the Daily Sun (paper version) every day when I come back to TV in October. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Schaumburger; 07-07-2012 at 12:30 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-07-2012, 12:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinparadise View Post
When I was the executive producer at a local television station my job was to insure all the news was written factually, detailed and unslanted. Though many newspapers look for and publish the hardest stories on the front page (if it bleeds, it leads), some choose to go a different route with its news. The Daily Sun chooses to run stories that make you feel good, others are more hard hitting (Miami Herald). The great thing about our country is that we are given the freedom to pick and choose what we read and watch on television. If you don't like the content of the Daily Sun, don't read it. IMHO, it is a breath of fresh air and I'll continue to be a subscriber.
Thumb up on that one. I also agree with you!
Old 07-07-2012, 02:24 PM
Eternal Member
Default Defense of the Daily Sun

I have been reading the Daily Sun since I got here in 2001. The paper is divided into five basic sections, Section A is the global news which has articles from all of the major feeds. This is the same as you read in your local papers. Section B has the sports. With the exception of the local high school sports and the local softball teams and golf scores, it contains up to the printing time of the global and US sports. Most of the baseball scores are included and it gets the major feeds from around the world. Of course it does not have the best of your favorite teams but how could any local paper have every one of the teams. Section C is the local news. Events and happenings from around the local area. This includes the crime reports. Section D is the happenings in TV plus the comics and the TV information. Section F is the classified. I always read section 143 - Lost and Found. While I do not find humor in what people lose, it is interesting to read what people lose. It has made me and my wife more conscious of wearing any sentimental or good jewelry on the golf courses.

The Daily Sun has gotten much better than 2001. It has beefed up Section A and B. My only complaint is that it does not carry the details of accidents, thefts and other mishaps in the Villages. Other than that the Daily Sun is a fairly good read.

You should have read my local paper in Sussex county, NJ if you wanted to read a newspaper that lacked information. My wife always wondered how I could spend so much time reading that paper. I always told her that news is news and there is always something to read.

While it might seem easy to put a PDF copy of the newspaper on the Internet for all to read it is not cheap. Some of the bigger papers offer a digital subscription but it is not free.

For those of you that are prospective homeowners in TV have you checked to see what it would cost to have the Daily Sun delivered to your home in wherever you live? When I was thinking about moving to Phoenix, Arizona many years ago, I subscribed to the Sunday paper and had it delivered to me in Jacksonville for a while.

BTW - using GGs disclaimer, I am not a member of the Morse family or the Daily Sun. This is strictly my personal opinion.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.