Daily Sun Online

Closed Thread
Old 07-05-2012, 05:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts
Default Daily Sun Online

Is the paper version of the Daily Sun very different than the online version? I don;t read the paper much and get most of my news from television or online sources so I don't subscribe. I do look at the online version occasionally however and there is really no news there at all. What I usually see is a bunch of feel good stories about The Villages and the residents.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member

The Daily Sun is pretty typical of most small town weekly papers, just daily instead. Fair amount of Developer Marketing, but tolerable. The online version is probably the most useless online version of a daily paper that I have ever seen.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Is the paper version of the Daily Sun very different than the online version? I don;t read the paper much and get most of my news from television or online sources so I don't subscribe. I do look at the online version occasionally however and there is really no news there at all. What I usually see is a bunch of feel good stories about The Villages and the residents.
From what I have seen of the online version of the Daily Sun it can usually be summed up with "It's always a beautiful day in the Villages".
Old 07-05-2012, 07:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

It is what it is.............
They don't claim to be a one source for news or an editorial center of the universe.
Why criticize them for for what they are?
Old 07-05-2012, 08:04 PM

Why not criticize them for not being what they could be?
Old 07-05-2012, 08:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHart View Post
Why not criticize them for not being what they could be?

Generally the criticism comes from those who do not agree with the editorial slant.

I like the Sun.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:37 PM
Veteran member

that batch of paper sheets we receive on our driveway should be never considered a newspaper at all,,,, it is a puff sheet for the powers that be here,,, there is not a grain sand of chance of getting unbiased news from it.... the best way to describe it is very similar to former Soviet Union news agency Provida. As far as the online issue,, save your bandwidth... The Villages is very backwards as far as use of World Wide Web. Radio Station not streamed, who knows what excuse they use for not doing that. Newspaper not online, for what reason? TV station is a HUGE puff of Past activities. Speaking of puff, the moderator certainly has a face for radio! I criticize. not because I disagree, I am able to see the issues in a factual manner. Some folks are very intolerate of those who dont agree with them. and want to suppress them. That my friend is a very scary way to live your life .
The GRIT had more facts in it than the fish wrap they give us.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:46 PM
Veteran member
Default sun

Pravda....definite slant and marketing tool...That's why it's so cheap...A regular paper such as Ft Lauderdale or Miami would cost as much as three times what Pravda charges...I read it every day cause "It's a beautiful day in the Villages"...
Old 07-05-2012, 09:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageshooter View Post
that batch of paper sheets we receive on our driveway should be never considered a newspaper at all,,,, it is a puff sheet for the powers that be here,,, there is not a grain sand of chance of getting unbiased news from it.... the best way to describe it is very similar to former Soviet Union news agency Provida. As far as the online issue,, save your bandwidth... The Villages is very backwards as far as use of World Wide Web. Radio Station not streamed, who knows what excuse they use for not doing that. Newspaper not online, for what reason? TV station is a HUGE puff of Past activities. Speaking of puff, the moderator certainly has a face for radio! I criticize. not because I disagree, I am able to see the issues in a factual manner. Some folks are very intolerate of those who dont agree with them. and want to suppress them. That my friend is a very scary way to live your life .
Why do you have the sheets delivered to your driveway?
If it is as bad as you say, it must be very painful for you to wade through it every day.
You still have not answered the question; Why are you so negative??
Old 07-05-2012, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I'm looking forward to reading the paper version of the Daily Sun. News? I don't care, but I love the other stuff. The online version not so much. I wish it had the same feel online as it does in paper.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:20 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageshooter View Post
Can you stop delivery of The Sun if you don't like or want it?
Old 07-06-2012, 06:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKat1 View Post
Can you stop delivery of The Sun if you don't like or want it?
nope they make you pay forever Sorry you can start and stop when you want
Old 07-06-2012, 06:36 AM

The closest thing to getting the Daily Sun is the front page on Newseum. The online version via the Villages website does lack the charm of the real thing. The front page at least gives me a little fix while away : D. Newseum | Today's Front Pages | Map View

I also like the online Tri-County Suntimes. I can get some local county news online.
Tri-County Sun Times | News For Lady Lake The Villages And Surrounding Communities
Old 07-06-2012, 06:58 AM
Location: TV, Vero Beach, Fl., Ft. Lauderdale, Fl., Boston, Ma.

I also visit newseum.org on a daily basis. One of my favorite sites to be able to see the front page of every newspaper published in the world on a daily basis!!!!
Old 07-06-2012, 07:15 AM
Location: Wisconsin, San Antonio, Germany, Korea, Alabama and soon The Villages

When I was the executive producer at a local television station my job was to insure all the news was written factually, detailed and unslanted. Though many newspapers look for and publish the hardest stories on the front page (if it bleeds, it leads), some choose to go a different route with its news. The Daily Sun chooses to run stories that make you feel good, others are more hard hitting (Miami Herald). The great thing about our country is that we are given the freedom to pick and choose what we read and watch on television. If you don't like the content of the Daily Sun, don't read it. IMHO, it is a breath of fresh air and I'll continue to be a subscriber.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.