Closed Thread
Old 01-25-2021, 10:19 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
ORMAND BEACH area is
way, way nicer than Daytona Beach.
We went to Ormand Beach a couple weeks ago and we thought it was the worst beach we have ever seen.

While we in the area, we went to Tomako State Park and thought it was wonderful. A beautiful park with some great walking trails.
Old 01-25-2021, 10:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I went to New Smyrna Beach a couple of years ago to visit relatives and you can also drive on their beach. Although judging by the news, it seems NSB has more shark attacks than anywhere else. I like the Gulf Beaches, of course I biased since I grew up in the St. Petersburg - Clearwater area.

New Smyrna Beach

The Villages Florida

Downtown St. Petersburg, that ball diamond on the left is Al Lang Field. The Mets and the Cardinals spring trained there in the 60's when I was hanging out, there was no malls back then. Got autographs from everybody from Brooks Robinson to Roger Maris, they all came through town. That's Tropicana Field in the distance.

The Villages Florida

Clearwater Beach, you would have to go to the islands to find water this blue.

The Villages Florida
Old 01-26-2021, 06:09 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
Thank you for writing something nice, hard to explain but was somehow nice to read someone did such a normal thing was just calming these days when we see few in the neighborhood, many never outside, if you take a walk people don't say "hi" like they used to and many times will get off the sidewalk and go far into the street... which, I understand, I do not wear a mask on my daily long walks and I tried and just can't do it, walks were a chore and not longer pleasant, so walk without a mask and understand when people cross the street completely, or walk far in the street if no cars, and then come back on sidewalk when I am far past, etc. It is just all so sad, once such a happy friendly place and fear now rules. Thank you for sharing a nice, "normal" thing.
I havent experienced any of that. People say hi all the time. I dont walk with a mask either. No one crosses the street. They step to the social distance to walk around and most times share a few words. Most of them arent wearing masks either so we respect the space needed betw us.
Old 01-26-2021, 06:24 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
where is the closest beach that is dog friendly?
I don’t know if it is the closest but we took our dog to New Smyrna dog beach.
It is not on the ocean but on Ponce inlet as far north as you can get on New Smyrna. There is parking that Costs like $5 a day if memory serves and a little walk from the parking to the beach. They have a shower and a hose to wash you and the pups and restrooms are adjacent to parking. Dogs have to be on a leash but they can swim
Old 01-26-2021, 06:26 AM
Default Daytona

Next time try The Dancing Avocado. It’s on the Main Street right before you cross the bridge. We love it❤️
Old 01-26-2021, 06:37 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,142 Times in 883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I went to New Smyrna Beach a couple of years ago to visit relatives and you can also drive on their beach. Although judging by the news, it seems NSB has more shark attacks than anywhere else. I like the Gulf Beaches, of course I biased since I grew up in the St. Petersburg - Clearwater area.

New Smyrna Beach

The Villages Florida

Downtown St. Petersburg, that ball diamond on the left is Al Lang Field. The Mets and the Cardinals spring trained there in the 60's when I was hanging out, there was no malls back then. Got autographs from everybody from Brooks Robinson to Roger Maris, they all came through town. That's Tropicana Field in the distance.

The Villages Florida

Clearwater Beach, you would have to go to the islands to find water this blue.

The Villages Florida
The sand quality is beautiful on the west coast of Florida, and of course the sundowns!! It was where I meant to retire until I found TV. No beach but so much more! But I would like to visit the east coast beaches too one day.
Old 01-26-2021, 07:38 AM
Smile Day trips

Any other recommendations for day times from The Villages. I know some tour companies offer some, yet we don’t feel comfortable being so close to others yet till everyone receives the vaccine. Any suggestions, going east or west are welcome. Thanks
Old 01-26-2021, 07:47 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Thru Deland, straight shot to Daytona.
Old 01-26-2021, 07:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Flagler Beach is dog friendly, but the dog must be on a leash. However, we had a long enough line that our dog could go bashing through waves after a tennis ball, and nobody minded.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Flagler 1.jpg
Views:	499
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	87872   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	flagler 2.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	87873  
Old 01-26-2021, 07:57 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,780 Times in 3,646 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammcnamara View Post
Any other recommendations for day times from The Villages. I know some tour companies offer some, yet we don’t feel comfortable being so close to others yet till everyone receives the vaccine. Any suggestions, going east or west are welcome. Thanks

West........The Freezer in Homosassa for lunch. Not a beach, but you can sit on the water and enjoy great food.
Old 01-26-2021, 08:02 AM

That's where I am right now. Beautiful sunrise - ready for my first beach walk when I catch up with my email!
Old 01-26-2021, 08:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
I havent experienced any of that. People say hi all the time. I dont walk with a mask either. No one crosses the street. They step to the social distance to walk around and most times share a few words. Most of them arent wearing masks either so we respect the space needed betw us.
I don't wear a mask while walking. I cross the street if passing by someone, out of respect for their health. I've never had anyone but some guy on a bike not say Hi to me. And I think he was concentrating.
Old 01-26-2021, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Not sure on Ocean side, but on the Gulf Honeymoon Island State Park has a Dog Friendly Beach.
Old 01-26-2021, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjeanj View Post
It’s 48 years, dear.
Keep messing up the years and ya may not make it to 49!!
😎
Old 01-26-2021, 08:53 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
At Ft. De Soto State Park in St. Petersburg there is a specific dog beach. Your dog can be off leash to play in the ocean. There is a fenced grassy dog park with showers to clean your pup after a day in the ocean. The park is at the very southern tip of St. Petersburg making it about a two hour trip from The Villages. But well worth it.

Tags
beach, day, beautiful, sloppy, ate

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.