Dear Villages Leadership

Closed Thread
Old 02-22-2020, 11:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,938 Times in 2,458 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Sometimes, things don't go as planned.
Sometimes, completion dates are over optimistic.
Sometimes, planners and developers meet up with delays with permits from county or state etc.
Sometimes, developers are a litte shy with the truth.
Sometimes, shortage of craftsmen is a problem.
Sometimes developers are assett rich, but cash poor.

Probaly among all the sometimes, are the facts.
One thing for sure, all that was promised will arrive. Sometime!!

Or sometimes get sold ocean front property in Az.

Now I believe they’re short on cash flow being there trying pond off country clubs and water treatment plants to districts. How about that payroll payment every month! Maybe there in over they’re head this time? For our sakes I hope not?
Old 02-23-2020, 05:28 AM

It is not unreasonable to expect updates on Connectivity and Magnolia from the Developer. I actually tried to inquire with the Developer’s office and was told to talk to the Sales Department. Lack of communication usually leads to frustration, rumors, speculation, etc.
Old 02-23-2020, 05:57 AM

Some day.. everything promised will come.. until then just enjoy your life and not the wants.. or move back north where growing continues..
Old 02-23-2020, 06:06 AM
Veteran member

All these complaints because one can't use a golf cart to shop or eat? Plenty of shopping within 15 minute drive!!!!
Old 02-23-2020, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I think I would be frustrated also. But, I have seen other housing developments go a lot worse. I know people in Virginia who bought condos for $850K in 2006, and before the building was even finished, the new prices dropped to $650K. There are gated golf communities in the Carolinas that sat half empty for years because the developer couldn't sell them. At least The Villages property values seem to be holding up, so you can usually get your money back if you want.
And I know 695 homeowners who put down between 10 and 100% deposits on a lovely development of homes on H27 4 miles from Disney. The landscaper lost over $1m in unpaid fees. The liquidators were unable to find or account for $ 23m in homeowner deposits. The realtor skipped the country when he found out no developer bonds existed to protect homeowners deposits, The developer is currently in Jail for fraud...So TV may be a little late, but at least they are still building....
Old 02-23-2020, 07:10 AM

That’s why we bought a preowned home in April of 2019. I’ve learned very early in life not to believe in promise’s.
Old 02-23-2020, 07:19 AM

As a future villager I watch everything going on but I suppose I am not as emotionally involved. When I was in TV twice this last year I saw Spanish Springs completely developed, Sumter Landing full, Brownwood had many vacancies and more buildings under construction. Developer by definition is a process of supply and demand. Businesses will come as demand grows which means more homes with occupants means more businesses of all kinds. The developer in this case has to have Brownwood fully developed and a show demand for more to anyone looking to open to the south. Communication by the developer is of what is formally agreed to build or is coming which at this stage would be speculation of the future meaning only franchises or those who can survive until the build out. I believe the south will be like the north someday, how long, even the developer probably doesn't know for sure but is betting on it for everyone. Stay safe all and enjoy what you have!
Old 02-23-2020, 07:20 AM
Veteran member
Smile preowned

I bought a preowned home too and it was the best decision I ever made. I recommend anyone new to the area rent here for a little while first to see what area they like best. I bought a turn-key home near 466 and still love this location!
Old 02-23-2020, 07:26 AM
Location: Mt. AIRY NC, NORFOLK VA, VA BEACH, VA, FT WAYNE,IN, CINCINNATI, OH, ROSWELL, GA, THE VILLAGES

they say anything to sell houses.
Old 02-23-2020, 07:28 AM
Talking

I’m so tired of hearing whiners complaining about how the developer doesn’t communicate with residents! Every year, around April or May, they hold “An Evening with the Developer” at The Sharon to share their plans for the next year. Get your tickets early!
Old 02-23-2020, 07:35 AM

When we rented two years ago to “try out”’the Villages and decided to buy the only place we looked at was Fenney due to its surrounding nature and beauty. Loved it then and love it now. Having a grocery 1 mile away vs 5 will be nice but shouldn’t be a factor when choosing a home. I do agree though an update of a timeline would be the responsible thing to impart for the residents currently living here.
Old 02-23-2020, 07:41 AM

These problems arrived when the “kids”took over after the passing of the “old man”...this is typical of a third generation corporation.
Old 02-23-2020, 08:08 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default common sense post

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
The main takeaway from your post that any reasonable person should agree with is this: The developer owes updated and reliable information to the residents. They were quick to publish optimistic anticipated times in their sales literature and should correct it now that those estimates are long past.
This post makes sense but don’t hold your breath that this will happen. In our fourteenth year in TV and the Developer has always “played his cards” close to his chest. And I might say that isn’t a bad idea for such a business as big and profitable as The Villages.
Old 02-23-2020, 08:15 AM
theruizs

In 2012 when we bought they promised us that they would be built out in 5 years. They tell you what you want to hear to sell the house. However, I am sure they will eventually follow through with what they told you, just don’t hold your breath.
Old 02-23-2020, 08:26 AM

Cash poor, permit delays? You are talking the billionaire developers who control the county commissioners and I highly doubt are cash poor. Get real.
Closed Thread

Tags
sell, villages, store, cart, south

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.