Dear Villages Leadership

Closed Thread
Old 03-05-2020, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
Wow. You're really angry.
Did you get those promises in writing from The Developer? Because if you did I would also be frustrated that they didn't happen. You probably have a good reason to protest.
If what you were told is from someone other than the Developer (and I don't think the salespeople are the voice of the Developer), then I think you have a tougher argument.
I think, eventually, everything you were "promised" will happen. Things just don't happen in the timeframe you want them to.
If that doesn't work for you... then I think maybe The Villages wasn't the right choice for you.
Don't be angry... find a place that makes you happy. Life is too short.
Nothing has happened for nearly six months. Address the facts.

You know what would make me happy, a nearby grocery store, a couple of restaurants, hell maybe something as humble as a freaking gas station.

Let me emphasize again, what ****es me off is that NOTHING IS HAPPENING. NOTHING. BEEN THAT WAY FOR MONTHS.

There is no reason we should be putting up with that, notwithstanding your little "be cool" stuff.
Old 03-05-2020, 11:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithDB View Post

You know what would make me happy, a nearby grocery store, a couple of restaurants, hell maybe something as humble as a freaking gas station.

Let me emphasize again, what ****es me off is that NOTHING IS HAPPENING. NOTHING. BEEN THAT WAY FOR MONTHS.

There is no reason we should be putting up with that, notwithstanding your little "be cool" stuff.
There is PLENTY that has happened in the last six months and in the last six weeks and the last six days. You need to drive the turnpike and realize lots of stuff is happening in the building of The Villages, construction for miles and miles and miles, both sides of the road...... Plus you can SEE the metal golf cart bridge ready to slide across when given permission to be put in.

The grocery store people, the gas station people and the restaurant people have to want to move here, have the money put aside to move here, have to want to come here. The developer builds buildings.

Magnolia Plaza has a grocery store coming, doesn't it??
Old 03-05-2020, 11:57 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
There is no reason we should be putting up with that
If you look at the huge number of resales in Fenny, I guess others share in your frustrations and have decided to leave.
Old 03-06-2020, 04:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Connectivity refers to golf cart connectivity, not automotive vehicles.
Err. I think that's what I said?
Old 03-06-2020, 06:35 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,774 Times in 3,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
If you look at the huge number of resales in Fenny, I guess others share in your frustrations and have decided to leave.

Two e's in Fenney, no p in Sumter, Morris.............not.

Last edited by dewilson58; 03-06-2020 at 02:05 PM.
Old 03-06-2020, 07:09 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,519 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
20 homes in Fenney for resales is hardly a huge number considering the size of the Fenney (1805 homes) and is just over 1%. This is on par with most other villages. Resales always take a spike up in the 12-36 month range after a village opens as people adjust home sizes, have a little buyers remorse, miss the children/grandchildren, and a number of other reasons for changes.

If the distance to shopping were truly an issue then the residents in Buttonwood and Pennecamp would be selling in "huge number"s also as their distance to the nearest shopping is about the same as those in the new sections. But they're not are they?
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 03-06-2020, 07:17 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,774 Times in 3,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
20 homes in Fenney for resales is hardly a huge number considering the size of the Fenney (1805 homes) and is just over 1%. This is on par with most other villages. Resales always take a spike up in the 12-36 month range after a village opens as people adjust home sizes, have a little buyers remorse, miss the children/grandchildren, and a number of other reasons for changes.

If the distance to shopping were truly an issue then the residents in Buttonwood and Pennecamp would be selling in "huge number"s also as their distance to the nearest shopping is about the same as those in the new sections. But they're not are they?

Agree. A few complainers attempting to create a large issue. The complainers should look in the mirror for fault.
Old 03-06-2020, 07:23 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriscoKid View Post
It was my understanding (back when I was doing my due-diligence before buying) that when The Villages developers took over the development of the area of what is now called The Village of Fenney, it was already approved and ready for development. I can’t recall the original name, but it wasn’t “Fenney”. In any event, they clearly made a decision to continue to develop and that area was the quickest to market.

lt
The development was called Wildwood Springs and the Wildwood Springs CDD was established on September 13, 2011. Your logic for the out of sequence development is sound. Negotiations for acquisition of the developments of Southern Oaks, Cresswinds, Landstone, Renaissance Trails, and other were also in progress at the time. In this case, Wildwood Springs was the low hanging fruit that could be picked and sold.
www.goldwingnut.com
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 03-06-2020, 07:32 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Actually, the privately owned developer, once he has delivered the title to your home, owes you absolutely nothing.
Great, what next, are you going to start espousing the virtue of Personal Responsibility and self reliance? Or better yet, say someone should read the contract before they sign it? Such horrid concepts!
www.goldwingnut.com
Old 03-06-2020, 11:12 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
I would advise anyone ask me about by here down South to ask for promises related to infrastructure and connectivity in writing. And that's what we should be doing. Rather that complaining we should be warning new potential residents. If they start losing home sales in Chitty Chatty and other new areas because of this the problem will miraculous be solved.
Too late only a few lots in chitty chatty, as of this morning. Guess they aren’t worried about anything you are. Unless you personally are going to pay people not to buy, you have no shot at losing home sales. Am hoping you do not live alone, and that there is a difib in your house, and someone knows how to use it.

Last edited by thelegges; 03-06-2020 at 11:22 AM.
Old 03-06-2020, 12:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
I cannot see the fuss about connectivity. All The Villages have always been connected.
The newer area just not by golf cart. Yet!
As previously pointed out, read post #107
My comment about "connectivity" refers to golf cart connectivity, not vehicular traffic. I honestly do not think folks mention "connectivity" when referring to vehicular traffic. It is always referred to golf cart traffic being able to be connected.
Old 03-06-2020, 09:52 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

Quote:

So you should have a good legal case. I'm assuming you have all those promises in writing.
Closed Thread

Tags
sell, villages, store, cart, south

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.