Decision in Moving To TV

Closed Thread
Old 02-21-2013, 09:59 AM
Sage
Default Decision in Moving To TV

I was wondering what was some of the thoughts behind moving to TV?

What finally made you decide this was the place to move to?

I am especially interested if your spouse initially thought, "no way", and what changed their mind?

Did anyone move with their spouse being reluctant to move?

Did you buy on your first trip to TV?

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 02-21-2013, 10:19 AM
Sage

I had my heart set on moving back to the desert southwest - hubby wanted TV. Soooo we came here for a few visits and the beauty of TV pretty much sold me and the fact that my mother is nearby. Sometimes decisions are made for you - still dream about the desert southwest, but TV has exceeded my expectations.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:26 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

We visited TV a few times in the past few years and finally decided to buy partially based on financial reasons. Being retired military moving around never bothered me much except missing friends. It bothered the wife more so because she is from Massachusetts and lived there her whole life. Last night we had the great experience of joining the Massachusetts Baystaters Clubs and had a wonderful time as we were warmly welcomed and met great fellow new englanders. My wife even met someone she used to work with years ago. I highly encourage other newcomers to check out the club happenings listed in the Rec guides each week.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:02 PM
Sage

Most of the places we looked at were built around golf as the main or only activity. My wife is not an avid golfer, so those places didn't attract her. Also, the appearance of many of them was simply a neighborhood with a golf course somewhere around. Then we came here. For me it was golfing nirvana and for her it was the attraction of so many things to do plus the overall beauty of the entire community was striking. As a matter of fact, it was she who first told the agent we were going to buy and what we were looking for. I almost fell out of the chair!!!
Old 02-21-2013, 04:11 PM
Sage

Since I started this thread, I came to visit a friend who had moved to TV and was always asking me to come down. He was always very smart in what he did but I came only because he was a friend. Well, let me say I was blown away by the beauty of how everything was kept and the squares. I immediately fell in love with TV and wanted to move very badly. However, for a variety of reasons, I couldn't and didn't.

TOTV is keeping me somewhat sane until that day happens!!!!!

It's driving me crazy and it's getting to be a short trip.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 02-21-2013, 05:12 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

we visited our snowbird friends here on our return trips north from disneyworld - a few times...told myself that the only way I would become a snowbird was if it was in the villages...a community that has its own polo grounds is the only community for me!...and so...one trip we found a house for sale that met our needs as snowbirds and moved in one month later!!!

Old 02-21-2013, 09:27 PM
Veteran member

My husband retired 3 years ago and wanted to move down here from Chicago to play golf. I am 10 years younger than him, don't play golf or have much interest in doing anything else because I am finding it hard to locate people my age here. I am still homesick and wishing I could move back. I have a full time job down here and my horse to keep me busy until that time comes.
I know most of you are just thrilled with TV and all it has to offer and I'm sure there will be some who will lecture me and ridicule me for not being one of the ones who love it here but I can guarantee there are more like me out there who just don't "fit in".
Old 02-21-2013, 09:33 PM
Sage

Gocubsgo: Just sent you a pm
Old 02-21-2013, 10:14 PM
Location: Birmingham, AL, Destin, FL, St. Petersburg, FL, New Orleans, LA - Oct 2012 ~ Tamarind Grove
Default To Be High & Dry...

I moved from just south of New Orleans (Plaquemines Parish) because I was very tired of the horrible, flooding Hurricanes & destruction we endured such as Katrina, Rita, Gustav, Ike (BP Oil spill) then Isaac last August. Visited here in July 2012 and bought a place in September 2012. Yes, my friends, Florida DOES have hurricanes but the water doesn't rise and stay at 12 feet flooding everything, so I love it here in my CYV situated safely above sea level.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:34 AM
Default reply

Wrong post
Old 02-22-2013, 07:21 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocubsgo View Post
My husband retired 3 years ago and wanted to move down here from Chicago to play golf. I am 10 years younger than him, don't play golf or have much interest in doing anything else because I am finding it hard to locate people my age here. I am still homesick and wishing I could move back. I have a full time job down here and my horse to keep me busy until that time comes.
I know most of you are just thrilled with TV and all it has to offer and I'm sure there will be some who will lecture me and ridicule me for not being one of the ones who love it here but I can guarantee there are more like me out there who just don't "fit in".
Okay, I'll bite - just hold young are you?
Old 02-22-2013, 07:28 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
Okay, I'll bite - just hold young are you?
51...I also am in an area where my youngest neighbor is 82 years old. My husband retired a bit early.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:37 AM
Sage

What neighborhood is that?
Old 02-22-2013, 07:48 AM
Platinum member

Well up here in the midwest we are digging out of a snow storm again.
I am getting ready to fire up the snowblower.
I am ready to move now.

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 02-22-2013, 07:50 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
Well up here in the midwest we are digging out of a snow storm again.
I am getting ready to fire up the snowblower.
I am ready to move now.
Where in the Midwest are you?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.