Deed Compliance

Closed Thread
Old 07-26-2015, 07:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
Interesting. I have gone back over the many pages of posts generated by the thread's author and have noticed that most of the support has been for the crazy complainer of over 30 reported violations. And also interesting is that this poster has stated that she has been attending to her yard and is presently waiting for the improvement to show. Instead of commenting on the possible mental health of the serial complainer, the victim is pounced on and deemed a felon (no more exaggeration than many of the other posts). Not one of us has stated that we were against the rules and restrictions, yet when we empathized/sympathized with the poster, the exaggerated response was typical of politicians saying you hate women because you don't believe that the taxpayer should foot the bill for abortions. And yes, it is relative in the sense that I felt empathy for the poster even if I still believe in the rules. You immediately suggested that I don't care about the rules because I sympathized with the poster. Some of you suggest that any violation of the rules is going to damage your precious home value, when the brown spot on her lawn was not a violation at all. At least, by the way it was described. In America, the justice system deems a person innocent until proven guilty. I am using some slight exaggerations in this, but you folks are exaggerating all out of proportion when you scream that your property value is plummeting due to her major violation.
Anyone put their trash out before five pm the day before collection? In my neighborhood, that is a violation. But, it happens every week. Did any of you get your landscaping plan approved before making changes. Some neighborhoods require this, even though it has never been enforced. Like I said before, don't throw stones if you live in a glass house. Instead of condemning her, you should be discussing what to do about serial complainers. Unless of course, you are the serial complainer. And YES, I do believe in rules, even if I also feel that this poster has a reason to feel a sense of persecution. I realize that you have already spoken and will adamantly refuse to allow that you could have jumped to conclusions. You don't have to agree, but to selfishly suggest that this person is damaging your property value, is just ludicrous and not in the theme of the poster's statement.

It is obvious that many of you look at this as to how it affects you, ignoring how it affects the poster. That kind of proves something, doesn't it?

Rules are rules and The Villages is the FRIENDLIEST hometown in America....ha,ha. Perhaps it is only friendly as long as you make sure you conform. Have a great Sunday and see ya in church
AT
You can complain to deed compliance, but UNLESS the thing that irritates you is non compliant, then they cannot move, act, do anything at all , It is not just your call, it has to be against the rules and regulations. Sometimes people come on this forum and misrepresent the facts. Sometimes they outright lie. Sometimes they come on here and are thrown off of this forum for their behavior. I know a person posting right now that has been removed under seven different screen names at least.

Many of us are skeptical because anonymity is a very powerful tool to say whatever you want to say. I have read this forum for a long time and have heard people complain about a lot of things, some were valid, some were exaggerated and some were their view. I think that the deed restrictions that we have are fair. I think most people who live here are fair and mostly kind. Rules are rules. In major sports when someone breaks the rules, you don't hear the official say, That's O.K. he told me before the game he had a headache.

I think that if we all really knew the whole story on anything we read on here, we would have different views. I am kinda like Judge Judy, if it doesn't sound right, I am skeptical. Most people can sense meanness and subterfuge.

I have not been called on anything yet by deed compliance. If I were I would be embarrassed and maybe feel picked on, but I would change whatever needed to be changed. I will try as long as I can to keep up my property and when I can't, well, it is time to live somewhere else.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathyandSteveG View Post
hoping to avoid kissing lanais.....
Cigar smoke travels much farther than kissing lanais. Gear up for the doorbell ringing!
Old 07-26-2015, 08:20 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Interesting. I have gone back over the many pages of posts generated by the thread's author and have noticed that most of the support has been for the crazy complainer of over 30 reported violations. And also interesting is that this poster has stated that she has been attending to her yard and is presently waiting for the improvement to show. Instead of commenting on the possible mental health of the serial complainer, the victim is pounced on and deemed a felon (no more exaggeration than many of the other posts). Not one of us has stated that we were against the rules and restrictions, yet when we empathized/sympathized with the poster, the exaggerated response was typical of politicians saying you hate women because you don't believe that the taxpayer should foot the bill for abortions. And yes, it is relative in the sense that I felt empathy for the poster even if I still believe in the rules. You immediately suggested that I don't care about the rules because I sympathized with the poster. Some of you suggest that any violation of the rules is going to damage your precious home value, when the brown spot on her lawn was not a violation at all. At least, by the way it was described. In America, the justice system deems a person innocent until proven guilty. I am using some slight exaggerations in this, but you folks are exaggerating all out of proportion when you scream that your property value is plummeting due to her major violation.
Anyone put their trash out before five pm the day before collection? In my neighborhood, that is a violation. But, it happens every week. Did any of you get your landscaping plan approved before making changes. Some neighborhoods require this, even though it has never been enforced. Like I said before, don't throw stones if you live in a glass house. Instead of condemning her, you should be discussing what to do about serial complainers. Unless of course, you are the serial complainer. And YES, I do believe in rules, even if I also feel that this poster has a reason to feel a sense of persecution. I realize that you have already spoken and will adamantly refuse to allow that you could have jumped to conclusions. You don't have to agree, but to selfishly suggest that this person is damaging your property value, is just ludicrous and not in the theme of the poster's statement.

It is obvious that many of you look at this as to how it affects you, ignoring how it affects the poster. That kind of proves something, doesn't it?

Rules are rules and The Villages is the FRIENDLIEST hometown in America....ha,ha. Perhaps it is only friendly as long as you make sure you conform. Have a great Sunday and see ya in church
Don't feel the need to go after your sermon.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:42 AM

Quote:

I agree. Yet the phrase "common sense and logic won't be tolerated" with some on this thread.

We ran a camp of 800 nice religious families and they stayed for six months. The rules were simple as too many rules complicate rather than help. One rule was that if you had a problem with a neighbor, you spoke quietly to him in private. If it took a second time, you brought a witness but still it was just between the three of you. 99% of things were settled peacefully and there was no need to run to management. Yet if management got involved, it wasn't hidden but open to all to learn and all parties exposed so people could come to their own understanding. It worked for us.
In my own very humble opinion, I find it difficult to reconcile a person who covertly turns in their neighbors over a slight(nothing catastrophic) yet greets those neighbors with overtly friendly smiles pretending to be a saint. When this happened, and I'd did, human nature has many sides, the person was invariably found out eventually.
Closed Thread

Tags
complaints, people, deed, office, compliance, complained, drive, neighborhoods, report, put, motto, neighborhood, friendly, force, give, considerably, drop, bet, names, fit, bad, lawn, shrug, vicious, sneaky

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.