Deed Compliance

Closed Thread
Old 07-17-2015, 06:16 PM
Default Deed Compliance

Received a visit from someone from the deed compliance office. It seems someone complained that I had some grass that was dying (there was topsoil on it to regrow), then she said I had a flower pot with no plant in it. Also, there were a couple of weeds.

I was steaming mad and called the office to see who complained. They told me that there were approximately 30 complaints registered that day by the same person. All the complaints were around the Buttonwood area.

Of course, the complaints were made anonymously.

If someone has a complaint, they should have to put there name down, especially when there are over 30 complaints.

Some people must have nothing better to do then drive around neighborhoods and report just about anything.

If my lawn was bad, I would just shrug it off, but having sneaky, vicious people just doesn't fit into the "Friendly Neighborhood" motto.

Force people to give there names and I bet the complaints drop down considerably.
Old 07-17-2015, 06:24 PM
Default Better yet.....

Try to follow the deed restrictions that are part of our community! Look around the standards are pretty evident (IMHO) in most areas. This happens all the time in all neighborhoods, but it all starts with a presumed violation.

No negative thoughts toward the OP, just sayin....

Old 07-17-2015, 07:04 PM

You said, and I quote: "If my lawn was bad, I would just shrug it off". Bad attitude. That's why people turned you in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattyPan1 View Post
Received a visit from someone from the deed compliance office. It seems someone complained that I had some grass that was dying (there was topsoil on it to regrow), then she said I had a flower pot with no plant in it. Also, there were a couple of weeds.

I was steaming mad and called the office to see who complained. They told me that there were approximately 30 complaints registered that day by the same person. All the complaints were around the Buttonwood area.

If someone has a complaint, they should have to put there name down, especially when there are over 30 complaints.

Some people must have nothing better to do then drive around neighborhoods and report just about anything.

If my lawn was bad, I would just shrug it off, but having sneaky, vicious people just doesn't fit into the "Friendly Neighborhood" motto.

Force people to give there names and I bet the complaints drop down considerably.
Old 07-17-2015, 07:09 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

No worries, apparently deed restrictions don't really mean anything anyway. Villages Realty has a for sale yard sign in the back yard of a house for sale backing up to Pinellas just a few houses up from the Morse gate and nothing has been done about it. Sign has been there a while now, guess we can all use a for sale yard sign also if the Villages Realty can do it with no problems..

Anyone selling their home should now be free to place a yard sign also if they desire...

Old 07-17-2015, 07:50 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
You said, and I quote: "If my lawn was bad, I would just shrug it off". Bad attitude. That's why people turned you in.
I think the OP meant that if she in fact agreed that her lawn had problems, she wouldn't be angry about a complaint being filed.

What bothered me about being reported a couple of years back is that the specific violation did NOT contravene my deed, however the compliance person was ignorant of the rules. The second time he came back, I showed him my deed, but he said the community "matrix" overrode it. The third time he came back, I called the compliance office while he was there and had the person I spoke to before re-explain the rules to him.

In the OPs case as well, it doesn't seem as though the compliance person who came by had any authority to make a determination about whether or not there was an infraction -- it's just: (1) somebody complained, (2) here's your written warning.
Old 07-17-2015, 08:23 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt and Gail View Post
Try to follow the deed restrictions that are part of our community! Look around the standards are pretty evident (IMHO) in most areas. This happens all the time in all neighborhoods, but it all starts with a presumed violation.

No negative thoughts toward the OP, just sayin....

Agree 100%. We all signed the deed with the restrictions and rules. Follow them or .........

If you were in violation, I am satisfied that someone reported it, whether it was 1 or 30.

Keep America and The Villages Beautiful !!!!!!!
Old 07-17-2015, 08:34 PM
Sage
Default Unfair

I think it is so wrong of Deed Compliance to depend upon neighbors turning in neighbors before something can be rectified. The Villages set the standards, and they should be making homeowners comply based on their findings..not mine.. . That is not my job and I would not be willing to hurt a neighbor. It is their job, and I wish they would step up to the plate. The current "complaint driven" procedure pits neighbor against neighbor, and that is a disgrace and a cop out by TV. Community Watch used to police things, and that worked for me.

Last edited by samhass; 07-18-2015 at 11:35 AM.
Old 07-17-2015, 08:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepingItReal View Post
No worries, apparently deed restrictions don't really mean anything anyway. Villages Realty has a for sale yard sign in the back yard of a house for sale backing up to Pinellas just a few houses up from the Morse gate and nothing has been done about it. Sign has been there a while now, guess we can all use a for sale yard sign also if the Villages Realty can do it with no problems..

Anyone selling their home should now be free to place a yard sign also if they desire...

It has to be reported before Deed Compliance can act.

I have no sympathy for people trying to evade deed compliance. It is one of the main reasons many of us bought here..
Old 07-17-2015, 08:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhass View Post
I think it is so wrong of Deed Compliance to depend upon neighbors turning in neighbors before something can be rectified. The Villages set the standards, and they should be making homeowners comply based on their findings..not mine.. I live by someone that grossly violates standards, yet I refuse to be the one to turn them in. That is not my job and I would not be willing to hurt a neighbor. It is their job, and I wish they would step up to the plate. The current "complaint driven" procedure pits neighbor against neighbor, and that is a disgrace and a cop out by TV.
It is not you hurting the neighbor. they are the sinners. their acts will deminish your values it left unreported(over time).
Old 07-17-2015, 08:50 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
It has to be reported before Deed Compliance can act.

I have no sympathy for people trying to evade deed compliance. It is one of the main reasons many of us bought here..
You speak the gospel, sistah!!!!!

Old 07-17-2015, 08:54 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

These many anonymous complaints seem to strike one village or neighborhood one after another. This seems to be a trend. Last week while in the garage I happen to notice a lady driving a red older Chevrolet walking around between yards with a notepad writing things down. At first I accessed maybe someone trying to drum up landscaping business. I never seen her go up to the doors of houses. A neighbor three houses came out and I couldn't hear the conversation. She drove off. I haven't got to speak to him yet but a know he didn't call the sheriff so who knows. The lady was driving a red chevrolet cavalier.
Old 07-17-2015, 09:08 PM
Veteran member

Sometimes a person gets a complaint on them and they want revenge so they stomp up and down the street writing up the transgressions of everyone else in the neighborhood.

Wanda
Village of Collier

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before. ~Mae West

Old 07-17-2015, 09:18 PM

I just do not understand why, when you agreed to the restrictions and wanted to buy here, that you feel resentful when someone reports you for a violation. Anonymous, not anonymous, it is YOU who are in violation. Please explain to me why you should be upset and not the people who follow the rules. I really do not enjoy looking at anyones good idea of yard art! Flame me if you wish.
Old 07-17-2015, 09:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
These many anonymous complaints seem to strike one village or neighborhood one after another. This seems to be a trend. Last week while in the garage I happen to notice a lady driving a red older Chevrolet walking around between yards with a notepad writing things down. At first I accessed maybe someone trying to drum up landscaping business. I never seen her go up to the doors of houses. A neighbor three houses came out and I couldn't hear the conversation. She drove off. I haven't got to speak to him yet but a know he didn't call the sheriff so who knows. The lady was driving a red chevrolet cavalier.
Is this not trespassing?
Old 07-17-2015, 09:54 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
snipped
Are a couple of weeds and an empty flower pot deed restrictions?

Closed Thread

Tags
complaints, people, deed, office, compliance, complained, drive, neighborhoods, report, put, motto, neighborhood, friendly, force, give, considerably, drop, bet, names, fit, bad, lawn, shrug, vicious, sneaky

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.