Deed Compliance

Closed Thread
Old 07-17-2015, 10:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

I didn't realize that there is a 10' no 'scape zone behind homes that back up to streets; the people we bought our home from put a row of boxwoods right up to the sidewalk. Nothing has been said to me, but, I'm going to be proactive and remove a few of the bushes and put sod in their place since I'm getting ready to do some other landscaping. Besides, the bush next to the sidewalk gets hammered everyday with dog pee.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:45 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance View Post
Is this not trespassing?
If trespassing means setting one foot on a yard I suppose but she never walked into peoples yards in a strange manner. I didn't witness this person step more than one foot within a yard. She never walked onto driveways, up to doors or windows or parked cars. She never put flyers or mailers on houses or cars. She mainly walked up and down the street taking notes stopping in front of homes. I didn't see her solicit. I only posted this in hopes others have seen behavior like this in the villages where there have been multiple complaints of deed compliance like the one with 97 complaints if I remember the older posts.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,318 Times in 872 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhass View Post
I think it is so wrong of Deed Compliance to depend upon neighbors turning in neighbors before something can be rectified. The Villages set the standards, and they should be making homeowners comply based on their findings..not mine.. I live by someone that grossly violates standards, yet I refuse to be the one to turn them in. That is not my job and I would not be willing to hurt a neighbor. It is their job, and I wish they would step up to the plate. The current "complaint driven" procedure pits neighbor against neighbor, and that is a disgrace and a cop out by TV.
Which is why you can notify anonymously. The value of your home, the appearance of your neighborhood is dependent on everyone that lives there. If you hare happy with it then stay silent....but don't push the responsibility to someone else....they don't have to live with it you do. That's why WE are in control of our neighborhoods.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 07-18-2015, 04:59 AM

We have friends that are snowbirds, here only from November thru May. They asked us to drive by once a week just to check on the house. They have a lawn service, pool maintenance year round and a home watch service while they are gone. I walked through there yard yesterday taking pictures of all the weeds, the long grass and the dirty pool, sent the pictures to them via my iphone. My point was to let them know the poor service they are getting from these companies, so they could make the phone calls to these companies to get better service. I'm sure it it keeps up someone is going to complain, so they have a heads up now and can fire or complain to there service people.
Some of these companies take advantage of the snowbirds and let things go if no one is there to complain to them. They thanked us for letting them know what was going on and did call the companies.
Old 07-18-2015, 05:02 AM
Email Reported As Spam

The OP expressed anger and so it would appear that if Deed Compliance was required to identify complainants that people like the OP would be confronting them.

Deed Compliance does have to be residents driven because it is our community, because there has to be a complaint before action can be undertaken and because the people who readily see the problems are the people living in the area.

For the sake of perspective how many residents receive compliments about the care of their properties. People by nature rather pay a compliment than criticize. Residents who fail to take care for their property place their neighbors in a very bad position.

With the purchase of my first home there was a next door neighbor of mine
whose actual quote about removal of snow was "God put it there God can take it away" It caused havoc . He never mowed his lawn until one day when talking with my neighbors we heard a lawn mower. sure enough he came around the back mowed right down the middle of his back yard, disappeared and then there was silence. He re-appeared with a putter and golf ball and proceeded to practice his putting where he had mowed one strip down the middle of his back yard. My neighbors and I could have used Deed Compliance back then

So in my view I like Deed Compliance and I want them to come down hard on violators or we are going to find some residents who will end up parking their cars on blocks in their driveways
Old 07-18-2015, 05:38 AM
Sage

Silly question... Is the developer allowed to store building materials, sod, trucks, heavy equipment for many days and nights on empty tear down lots? There are a few of these on the pre historic side.
Old 07-18-2015, 05:54 AM
Sage

I would bet if several neighbors called Community Standards and complained about the equipment/material storage, it would be moved. If it it truly a concern, don't wait for someone else to make the call.
Old 07-18-2015, 06:34 AM
Veteran member

One self-appointed snitch looking for minor things to report to Deed Compliance not only annoys Deed Compliance but upsets way too many good people and invites hatred towards themselves as eventually they will be found out. Shame on you.
Old 07-18-2015, 06:42 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattyPan1 View Post
Received a visit from someone from the deed compliance office. It seems someone complained that I had some grass that was dying (there was topsoil on it to regrow), then she said I had a flower pot with no plant in it. Also, there were a couple of weeds.

I was steaming mad and called the office to see who complained. They told me that there were approximately 30 complaints registered that day by the same person. All the complaints were around the Buttonwood area.

Of course, the complaints were made anonymously.

If someone has a complaint, they should have to put there name down, especially when there are over 30 complaints.

Some people must have nothing better to do then drive around neighborhoods and report just about anything.

If my lawn was bad, I would just shrug it off, but having sneaky, vicious people just doesn't fit into the "Friendly Neighborhood" motto.

Force people to give there names and I bet the complaints drop down considerably.
I agree totally and every neighborhood has one or two of those people including ours!
Old 07-18-2015, 06:46 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HimandMe View Post
One self-appointed snitch looking for minor things to report to Deed Compliance not only annoys Deed Compliance but upsets way too many good people and invites hatred towards themselves as eventually they will be found out. Shame on you.
Wow...you sound so upset and stressed. In the major scheme of things, this is no big deal. Let it go and enjoy another beautiful day in TV. Namaste.
Old 07-18-2015, 07:07 AM
Platinum member
Default Be thankful

At least most residents are concerned about the homes and lawns to take care of them. Have a feeling someone got a burr up their butt about something and decided to seek revenge on everyone. Ita all about karma for that person eventually.
Old 07-18-2015, 07:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,508 Times in 1,908 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by HimandMe View Post

Since that is the way deed compliance is set up, then one needs to either be very careful to keep one's property up to standards or expect that someone will complain.

Perhaps this is a new experience for some to live in a deed restricted area, but what seems like an annoyance to folks new to it, will find that deed restrictions promote a well maintained community and protects the investment of all of the folks living in it.

It would be easier if we paid someone's salary to report infringements but it would also be an added expense.

I think the person who made thirty reports may have done all a favor. Non compliant people are not sure if it is a neighbor who complained or a stranger.

Perhaps instead of complaining against being turned in, just remedy what is non compliant?

Most residents are very satisfied with having deed restrictions and sooner or later ( when folks sell their property) those who don't like them may see the benefits.
Old 07-18-2015, 07:47 AM
Veteran member

I think we all basically enjoy a deed compliance community, but in my opinion anyone who submits multiple complaints about properties not in their immediate proximity is a fuss budget & should be ignored by the deed compliance office. The complainer should be required to provide their name after the first complaint, if the situation is not resolved. A constant complainer is no better than a busybody. I live in Buttonwood & no one's property offends me. We go for a golf cart ride throughout the neighborhood often. All homes are well kept in my opinion. It is a beautiful neighborhood. A few homes may have a couple of weeds, but I presume they are seasonal owners & will take care of it when they return. All still looks nice to me. If a person's immediate neighbors complain, and I mean more than one, than there is an issue which should be addressed. Besides, how does one define a "bad" lawn? All is subjective. I am confident that the OP will remove or fill the offending empty pot. If that is all someone has to complain about, I feel badly for them.
Old 07-18-2015, 07:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,508 Times in 1,908 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Deed compliance is one of the frequently discussed issues on this forum. Here is a thread from last year giving the number to call.

Covenant Question
Old 07-18-2015, 07:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance View Post
Silly question... Is the developer allowed to store building materials, sod, trucks, heavy equipment for many days and nights on empty tear down lots? There are a few of these on the pre historic side.
Would you rather the Developer was not doing what they are doing to upgrade your neighborhood? Shame on you.

Tags
complaints, people, deed, office, compliance, complained, drive, neighborhoods, report, put, motto, neighborhood, friendly, force, give, considerably, drop, bet, names, fit, bad, lawn, shrug, vicious, sneaky

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.