Deed Compliance

Closed Thread
Old 07-18-2015, 08:21 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Would you rather the Developer was not doing what they are doing to upgrade your neighborhood? Shame on you.
I don't feel any shame for bringing up the subject. I am not even sure its the developer or his contractor. BUT why are they using a lot for storage, for many months, as they build out other homes in the area? I doubt they are allowed to. If I were next door to the storage lot I might complain. It only slightly irks me as I drive by everday.

Shame on YOU for attempting to shame me.

Too many are too quick to defend the almighty Oz. They did a great job but are not perfect. If it did not help their bottom line they would not be upgrading anything.
Old 07-18-2015, 08:58 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
The OP expressed anger and so it would appear that if Deed Compliance was required to identify complainants that people like the OP would be confronting them.

Deed Compliance does have to be residents driven because it is our community, because there has to be a complaint before action can be undertaken and because the people who readily see the problems are the people living in the area.

For the sake of perspective how many residents receive compliments about the care of their properties. People by nature rather pay a compliment than criticize. Residents who fail to take care for their property place their neighbors in a very bad position.

With the purchase of my first home there was a next door neighbor of mine
whose actual quote about removal of snow was "God put it there God can take it away" It caused havoc . He never mowed his lawn until one day when talking with my neighbors we heard a lawn mower. sure enough he came around the back mowed right down the middle of his back yard, disappeared and then there was silence. He re-appeared with a putter and golf ball and proceeded to practice his putting where he had mowed one strip down the middle of his back yard. My neighbors and I could have used Deed Compliance back then

So in my view I like Deed Compliance and I want them to come down hard on violators or we are going to find some residents who will end up parking their cars on blocks in their driveways
LOL. I'm sure to you at the time it wasn't funny but I could just picture the guy mowing out his putting green and returning the mower to putt. I had to laugh.
Old 07-18-2015, 09:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance View Post
I don't feel any shame for bringing up the subject. I am not even sure its the developer or his contractor. BUT why are they using a lot for storage, for many months, as they build out other homes in the area? I doubt they are allowed to. If I were next door to the storage lot I might complain. It only slightly irks me as I drive by everday.

Too many are too quick to defend the almighty Oz. They did a great job but are not perfect. If it did not help their bottom line they would not be upgrading anything.
That reminds me of a song.
Old 07-18-2015, 09:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:

They didn't HAVE to. AND clearly, there wasn't much of a margin for profit, given what they paid for the properties and what they are selling them for.. So some of us suspect they did it out of pride in the community they built and also perhaps trying to help the property values of the people who live in the oldest section.

I would try to do that if I was a Morse.

And if I lived nearby, I would be patient and wait for the houses to be finished. Those Morses (snd their contractors) don't take very long.
Old 07-18-2015, 09:20 AM
Sage

Economics is economics. They look at the big picture. Even if they lost money on those historic rebuilds, it still helps their bottom line. Reputation and goodwill are part of picture. They dont want a slum in The Villages. No one said they have too. As a homeowner I should tow the line. I will never say anything bad about OZ again. After all my bottom line is my property value.

http://www.counter-currents.com/wp-c...d-Powerful.jpg
Old 07-18-2015, 09:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
Economics is economics. They look at the big picture. Even if they lost money on those historic rebuilds, it still helps their bottom line. Reputation and goodwill are part of picture. They dont want a slum in The Villages. No one said they have too. As a homeowner I should tow the line. I will never say anything bad about OZ again. After all my bottom line is my property value.

http://www.counter-currents.com/wp-c...d-Powerful.jpg

Here is the question. Would the folks who live there rather those selfish greedy capitalists improve the area,......or not?
Old 07-18-2015, 09:31 AM
Sage

That was not the question at ALL. The question was should the developer be allowed to use a lot for storage of material and vehicles.
Old 07-18-2015, 09:37 AM
Gold member

Quote:
That was not the question at ALL. The question was should the developer be allowed to use a lot for storage of material and vehicles.
When you use the word, "allowed", it implies that there is someone from whom the developer would have to obtain permission. Who would that be?
Old 07-18-2015, 09:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVillageChicken View Post
When you use the word, "allowed", it implies that there is someone from whom the developer would have to obtain permission. Who would that be?
I was asking the question. Are you implying the developer can do what they want without permissions? This thread is about compliance to the rules. Do those rules apply to them? If a private developer stored material and vehicles on a lot for months, I ASSUME, the enforcement entities would be all over that.

Answering a question with a question or going off topic about how great the developer is does not answer my On Topic question. I concede and truly believe the developer is wonderful.
Old 07-18-2015, 09:59 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Since that is the way deed compliance is set up, then one needs to either be very careful to keep one's property up to standards or expect that someone will complain.

Perhaps this is a new experience for some to live in a deed restricted area, but what seems like an annoyance to folks new to it, will find that deed restrictions promote a well maintained community and protects the investment of all of the folks living in it.

It would be easier if we paid someone's salary to report infringements but it would also be an added expense.

I think the person who made thirty reports may have done all a favor. Non compliant people are not sure if it is a neighbor who complained or a stranger.

Perhaps instead of complaining against being turned in, just remedy what is non compliant?

Most residents are very satisfied with having deed restrictions and sooner or later ( when folks sell their property) those who don't like them may see the benefits.

Amen! Nuff said.
Old 07-18-2015, 10:18 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
LOL. I'm sure to you at the time it wasn't funny but I could just picture the guy mowing out his putting green and returning the mower to putt. I had to laugh.
Hi donH: My neighbors and I had agreed not to erect fences but to use shrubs etc as boundaries. After that incident my neighbor in the back erected a partial fence wide enough to block this guy's lawn. He apologized but he was meticulous about his lawn so we understood his actions.

When I went to sell this house a guy two blocks over wife wanted our house. they were not tidy people. I told the realtor I did not want to sell it to them in respect and consideration of my neighbors. of course the realtor issued the obvious caveat. so I refused to lower my price and the guy still bought the house. Predictably he proved not to be a tidy neighbor and when i went back for visit I apologized to my neighbors who readily understood I had resisted best i could.

Hence I am glad we have Deed Compliance and glad we have active residents with watchful eyes because the guy who eventually bought my first house did have his car on blocks in his driveway because he was a hobbyist mechanic and there was noting we could do and the reason I did not to sell to him
Old 07-18-2015, 11:17 AM

My lawn was under repair. I just don't like sneaky people that don't give their name with a complaint.

The 30 complaints were for Buttonwood and surrounding area.

If there is something wrong. I would take care of it.
Old 07-18-2015, 11:22 AM

It seems some of you got quite huffy about the deed restrictions. Perhaps I didn't fully explain the situation.

My lawn in under repair, seeds, fertilizer, etc. It is a small area.

i killed the plant in the pot and haven't replaced it.

As far as the weeds, yes there were some, but not enough to lose sleep over.

My point is that people should HAVE to give their name if they are making a complaint. Making over 30 complaints in one day for different people is ridiculous. Man up and give your name, or knock on the home and tell them.
Old 07-18-2015, 11:43 AM
Platinum member
Default Lawn repairs in progress?

Pattypan, did the person that comtacted you about the complaint acknowledge the fact thatnyou were in the process of repairing your lawn problem? Seems that the original complainer might have checked it out further. I wonder how many of the complaints were legitimate complaints?
Old 07-18-2015, 12:14 PM
Sage

This thread is from 2007 just before Villages Watch stopped noting deed restrictions.

This problem is not new. Some people say oops and immediately comply and others are new to the concept.

Statue of Liberty on Southern Trace

Tags
complaints, people, deed, office, compliance, complained, drive, neighborhoods, report, put, motto, neighborhood, friendly, force, give, considerably, drop, bet, names, fit, bad, lawn, shrug, vicious, sneaky

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.