Deed Restricted Communities

Closed Thread
Old 08-25-2007, 07:18 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Re: Deed Restricted Communities

COVENANTS ARE A MUST IN TV....ITS THE ONLY WAY TO STOP CLOWNS FROM BURYING HALF OF A BATHTUB IN HIS FRONT LAWN (or lack thereof) AND PLACEING A STATUE INSIDE...WE HAVE ONE PERSON WHO PARKS HIS GOLFCART IN HIS FRONT YARD AND USES IT FOR A DOGHOUSE....TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE , I'M NOT SURE HE HAS A DOG !!!
MY GAME IS BAD BUT THATS RIDICULOUS...........
Old 08-25-2007, 07:37 PM

I'm sorry the blue hair comment was out of line. It's just that my wife and I have been dreaming of moving to the TV for so long and now that our time is approaching I discover that if I want a fence in my back yard for my little dog I'm forced to live in a villa, and we don't want a villa. We really just want a small area for my dog while we're having our morning coffee on the backporch. Bye the way I'm not a very nice guy but my wife is a wonderful person and I know that when we do get there you'll love her, but we're a set so you get both of us.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:51 AM

When we purchased our plot of land back in late October 2003 our sales representative went out of his way to explain the restrictions. All we wanted to do was to sign the papers and get on and boogey at the Town Square. (Sumter Landing wasn't finished then). As well as being published on the Internet they are also printed in The Villages phone book, at least the latest version is. Ours are identical to those in the phone book so I don't thing we can accuse the Sales Dept of hiding them.

The only thing we don't like about The Villages is that we are only allowed to spend 6 months there because we come from the UK. Incidentally our neighbours call us Snow Flakes because we come and go since we are there for 3 months either side of Christmas
Old 08-26-2007, 09:51 AM
Sage

The Deed Restrictions say (the ones I read, anyway) "domestic animals only, leashed when outside". That seems reasonable. I thought I read somewhere you are only permitted two animals per household, but I don't see that in the Deed Restrictions. Is that specific by Village? Not sure how they would know if someone had three cats! Or why they would care. I don't have three cats, so please don't send the VPP to my house :copVillage Pet Patrol). They probably do have a VPP -- I know that they do patrol looking for weeds and whether your lawn is tidy.

Do dogs have to be licensed by TV?

We looked at a bunch of places before we bought in TV .. some were really an awful mishmash. I'm happy that TV has deed restrictions about the exterior of homes. ;D
Old 08-26-2007, 11:52 AM
Platinum member

Buc, You must be a nice guy. How do I know? You love your little dog! :bigthumbsup:
Tampa, FL
Old 08-26-2007, 11:56 AM

This is for "barefoot at last". After we signed everything I read the part about only two animals per household. I bawled my eyes out since at the time I had three cats. We called our realtor and he said not to worry. He told us they need to have rules and restrictions since some people would go crazy, i.e., having puppy mills, raising chickens, etc. I also wondered if the neighborhood watch would be knocking on doors checking! It so happens our one cat died before we moved, but even if he didn't I was not concerned. I do agree that deed restrictions are great to keep those in line who want to go too far with lawn ornaments, vechicles, pets, etc, but I think if we do everything in reason, respect neighbors and take care of property/home everything works out.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:08 PM
Sage

MSNPA
Old 08-26-2007, 03:59 PM

I have read with interest the comments made about the pros and cons of deed restrictions here in TV. I am amazed at how many people do not agree that they are a necessary evil. I assume the people against restrictions have never lived in a neighborhood where the lack of deed restrictions have completely ruined the neighborhood. Like it or not, there are people who are going to revolt against any kind of restrictions to their lifestyle of doing what they please and to heck with the rest of the world. For that reason, we have deed restrictions, which clearly set forth guidelines on whether or not you are suited for the neighborhood into which you would like to move. Got five cats (like a former neighbor of mine had), don't move into TV. Like to walk your dog on someone else's property, don't move into TV. Got a motor home and like to park it in your driveway or on your lawn, don't move into TV. Like to party on your lanai into the wee hours of the morning, don't move into TV. There are lots of places where you would be welcome, why try to move into a senior community where you would be trying to lower the standards of the community? We worked hard to make enough money to be able to afford to come here and live the rest of our lives in peace and quiet and expect our neighbors to respect our right to enjoy that which we worked so hard to be able to enjoy. My only regret (and have personal knowledge of) is that TV does not do enough to enforce deed restrictions. They make threats, then threaten legal action, only just drop the numerous complaints against the violators of the deed restrictions. No teeth in the restrictions. My former next door neighbor cut his grass (which was only occasionally) after dark. Not unusual to hear him running his lawn mower at 10PM in the pitch black of darkness. He never pulled weeds. His house has now been on the market for about a year. Who wants to buy a house in that condition? He can't figure out why he can't find a buyer. Am I angry at people who do not comply with deed restrictions? You bet your bippy I am.
Mildenhall England
Gretna La
Greenville, RI
Jacksonville FL
TV
Old 08-26-2007, 06:12 PM
Veteran member

Well said Cliff.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:02 PM

Cliff, One of the little quirks about covenants is that you have to have enforcement.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:02 PM
Soaring Eagle member

THANKS CLIFF
YOU HIT THE NAIL RIGHT ON THE HEAD......HEAR HEAR..........
Old 08-28-2007, 02:30 PM
Platinum member

You mean I can't leave my 52K bass boat that's connected to my 200K motor home sit on the street either? Well if that's the case I'll just sell them both.
100% with you Cliff

Steve
Old 08-28-2007, 02:58 PM
Veteran member

Will you take $2700 for both?
Old 08-28-2007, 08:00 PM
Send a message via AIM to walkingfool

I don't understand what the big deal is. I've lived in TV since 2002. I've never really looked into the deed restrictions because I've never felt restricted. I have a dog (and have no trouble finding places for him to run) and I'm over 55 and I keep my house and gardens neat & tidy. That's a duh! Every time I leave TV and return, I have to pinch myself to see if I'm really living in this glorious place. Sounds to me like a lot of knit picking
Old 08-29-2007, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamafan
Cliff, One of the little quirks about covenants is that you have to have enforcement.
The Villages police ( neighborhood watch ) wrote a warning notice for a birdbath in my front yard, got a second notice and then a certified letter......

Speaking of which I say an electric train and house in the front yard of a home in Southern Trace.. Whats that all about!!!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.