Deed Restriction Enforcement

Closed Thread
Old 02-19-2017, 12:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
Has a court case in Florida taken place to determine that the accused has a right to stand before the accusers in a deed compliance case? I understand that anonymous submissions are welcomed and anyone, even nonresidents may submit a possible violation.

What works for a community of 120,000 may be difficult to sustain for one when reaching 250,000. At some point in time the deed compliance process may need to be tweaked.
Maybe most of us don't want it changed. We have chosen, CHOSEN, to live in areas that have deed restrictions for the last forty years. It protects the value of your property and makes areas pleasant looking. NOT everyone has excellent taste in lawn adornment.

I think you would like The Villages to not be a CDD. I like it just like it is and so do most of us who understand what it is. It is one of the reasons that it is head and shoulders above a like sized area run in the "traditional" way where dumb bunnies are elected.

Last edited by graciegirl; 02-19-2017 at 01:04 PM.
Old 02-19-2017, 01:52 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,478 Times in 549 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgreenbucks View Post
Little crosses look like pet cemetery markers and let's all put our lawn furniture in the front of our home.
This is hilarious! I say that because the first time my husband saw one he thought someone had buried their pet at that spot.
Old 02-19-2017, 02:36 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

After attending The Villages Community standards meeting on deed compliance and architectural review for District 10 last week, it was my understanding that several rules relating to what can happen between houses and streets are under review to sort out differences between developer and CDD controlled areas.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:07 AM

The Property Standards Dept is a JOKE. If you call to report an obvious non-compliance they will tell you that is does not meet the LEVEL of non-compliance. We have LEVELS now.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:24 AM

And there is more.....there is a local management company outside The Villages that is running an AirBnB business in The Villages. Just go to the airbnb website and look for homes in The Villages and see what you find. There are many homes listed and he has over 50. So we now have homes being used as hotels. So if it is a 3 bedroom home; 3 bedrooms can be rented to 3 separate people. They could each have 2 dogs which puts 6 dogs in the house. These can be nightly rentals; like a hotel; so three cars parked in the driveways and it just goes on. And the district has been made aware of it.
Old 02-20-2017, 09:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgreenbucks View Post
Little crosses look like pet cemetery markers
I am not a Christian and I think the small white crosses in front of people's homes are very tasteful.
Old 02-20-2017, 09:44 AM
Default Deed restriction enforcement

We had a neighbor who was going door to door offering political lawn signs. We told him that this was against the deed restrictions and that he should backtrack and let people who had accepted the signs know that they couldn't put them on their lawn. Shortly after we had this conversation someone from Community Standards showed up and told another neighbor to take the sign down that he had placed on his lawn. Unfortunately now at least one neighbor has assumed that we called Community Standards (we didn't) and reported them and as a result is not speaking to us. What is wrong with people.
Old 02-20-2017, 09:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,914 Times in 4,142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhallam View Post
We had a neighbor who was going door to door offering political lawn signs. We told him that this was against the deed restrictions and that he should backtrack and let people who had accepted the signs know that they couldn't put them on their lawn. Shortly after we had this conversation someone from Community Standards showed up and told another neighbor to take the sign down that he had placed on his lawn. Unfortunately now at least one neighbor has assumed that we called Community Standards (we didn't) and reported them and as a result is not speaking to us. What is wrong with people.
So let me get this straight: Your neighbor is not speaking to you because they feel you called community standards for a political sign they wanted to keep against deed restrictions and that they probably wouldn't have even had if this guy didn't come around and hand them out? You're right---what IS wrong with people
Old 02-20-2017, 11:00 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
I am not a Christian and I think the small white crosses in front of people's homes are very tasteful.
Tasteful doesn't count- Permitted is the issue!!!!
Old 02-20-2017, 11:54 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I don't really care one way or another but I have a question & before you jump on me I know what the restriction says. WHY do I have to obey the deed restriction because my front yard faces a street and is visible to cars and must look oh so nice but it's ok for someones backyard the is visible to a street can look anyway it wants. Just curious ?
Old 02-20-2017, 12:37 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,204 Times in 465 Posts

I moved to the villages because of the restrictions and because of the way it looked as a result of those restrictions. If you do not want restrictions, do not live here. There are communities that do not have any. It is your responsibility to learn what the restrictions are in your district and obey them. If you do not break the rules, you have nothing to worry about, regardless of who files a complaint.
Old 02-20-2017, 01:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhallam View Post
Unfortunately now at least one neighbor has assumed that we called Community Standards (we didn't) and reported them and as a result is not speaking to us.
I wouldn't get stressed about someone not speaking to me - that's high school behavior.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I wouldn't get stressed about someone not speaking to me - that's high school behavior.
Yep.

Old 02-20-2017, 03:51 PM
Veteran member
Default Restrictions

Hello and responding to the restrictions or none at all.

Before we purchased here, we had friends who told us the rules, lots of rules, we liked that.

However, we have found that after we buy and move in, the rules may not be enforced.

Without going into the details, if nothing is done to curb this habit of some folks getting out of line,,,,,,,,,,,,, then it will become another South LA or Chicago. So it is up to us to be neat, tidy, to respect others and pull together to make things look good and have an appearance of pride in owner ship. We have personally contacted Management about a couple of items, they do not seem to care, got the money so buzz off. I won't bother you with the items.
Hopefully, I will not get backlash on this, only interested in keeping this great place looking good.
bbbbbb
Old 02-20-2017, 06:35 PM

We are looking to buy ( staying here this month ) we want to be in a tidy community with some privacy , any suggestions ? And what do the tiny ,white crosses mean ? A pet died ?
Closed Thread

Tags
rules, situation, disgusting, equally, questions

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.