deed restriction information for resale buyers? How is this done?

Closed Thread
Old 04-10-2010, 09:11 PM
Founder
Default deed restriction information for resale buyers? How is this done?

When you buy new, you get deed restriction and covenant information from the developer. How does it work with resales from independent Realtors or "by owner?"

Where would the new owners get the information? Do they have to seek it out on their own?

JLK
Old 04-11-2010, 04:57 AM

We bought preowned and got ours at closing. Didn't know anything about covs and restrictions until then. Glad they exist ! !
Old 04-11-2010, 08:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

TOTV advertisers should be able to answer that question.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:36 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

If you sell or buy through VLS they are provided by TV at closing. If you go through MLS or FSBO, it is the sellers responsibility to provide a copy. That can be the same copy you received at closing or you can get a new one probably through the CDD office or TV sales office. I would at least start with them and if they can't provide it, they should be able to tell you the correct place to get them.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:17 PM
Eternal Member

Maybe it was just me, but when I sold my home in NJ, I put all of the appliance booklets and all of the warranties on the dining room table when I left along with telephone numbers of the various utilities and any other instructions I could think of.

If I was selling down here I would do the same thing and also leave a copy of the deed restrictions.

I would think that it would be the responsibility of the buyer's sales representative to provide the buyers with a copy of the latest deed restrictions. They are available on the internet for printing.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:23 PM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii
Default We put review of Covenants and restrictions in the offer.

When we purchase a place, we put review of deed restrictions and covenants easements ET all as a condition to the offer. The realtor then has to come up with the information to have the contract binding. We didn't always do this, once burned twice shy.

Last edited by TrudyM; 04-11-2010 at 03:48 PM.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:29 PM
nkrifats

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
If you sell or buy through VLS they are provided by TV at closing. If you go through MLS or FSBO, it is the sellers responsibility to provide a copy. That can be the same copy you received at closing or you can get a new one probably through the CDD office or TV sales office. I would at least start with them and if they can't provide it, they should be able to tell you the correct place to get them.
I have had to look everything up on the web. The selling party was not present at closing. I ask when I got ID's but no go there either.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

The CDD place on Wedgewood where you pay your amenties fees (and get the new ID cards) can give you that info. 3201 Wedgewood, near Southern Trace on CR466, if I recall correctly.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:36 PM
Sage

I think all the deed restrictions are here:
http://www.districtgov.org/departmen.../download.aspx
Old 04-11-2010, 07:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
Maybe it was just me, but when I sold my home in NJ, I put all of the appliance booklets and all of the warranties on the dining room table when I left along with telephone numbers of the various utilities and any other instructions I could think of.

If I was selling down here I would do the same thing and also leave a copy of the deed restrictions.

I would think that it would be the responsibility of the buyer's sales representative to provide the buyers with a copy of the latest deed restrictions. They are available on the internet for printing.
We used a Realtor to represent us as buyers when we purchased in TV. She provided us with a copy of the deed restrictions before closing. (We asked her for them.)

The people whose home we purchased in TV left us the appliance booklets and warranties, which was very nice. We will do that, plus the additional information Z suggested, when we sell our home in Atlanta to move to TV full time (in approx. 2 1/2 years).

Thanks for the thoughtful idea, dear neighbor.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.