Definition of Dawn

Closed Thread
Old 07-30-2022, 09:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,394 Times in 2,405 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Technically dusk is when the sun is 18 degrees below the horizon and it is almost completely dark (no sunlight remains in the sky). Dusk is also referred to as “last light” and in the Villages dusk is about 25 minutes after sunset. My experience with the various sports pools is that dusk is determined by the recreation department employee working that evening, who typically seems to be in a hurry to end his/her shift. I have gotten into it a couple times with workers who insisted it was closing time before sunset. When I asked for the name and phone number of their supervisor, they suddenly realized it wasn’t yet close to dusk.
This must be an exciting event, since you have done it more than once. Browbeating one of your neighbors who is working at a rec center for a few extra bucks, is not a macho thing. They should not have to put up with your kind, that think you are special.
Old 07-30-2022, 09:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPDaly View Post
Me paying about $170 for this amenity is my right to question someone who works for me.
No.
Old 07-30-2022, 09:42 AM

----

Last edited by RPDaly; 10-01-2022 at 07:50 AM.
Old 07-30-2022, 10:00 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,397 Times in 1,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPDaly View Post
I never have. I grumble to myself and leave and am always respectful as they always are to us from my experience. I just like when rules are set they are applied properly, equally and not subjectively
Asking someone for the name and phone number of their superior is not being respectful it is a threat.
Old 07-30-2022, 10:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,148 Times in 2,778 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
Yes, but they should be treated respectfully! We do not own the employees.
Totally agree they should be treated respectfully, and would never do otherwise. That being said, they also have a responsibility to treat amenity fee paying residents respectfully. Telling a resident they are closing the pool over 40 minutes before the scheduled closing time, shortly after the resident arrived and begin their workout, because they want their shift to end earlier than they signed up for, is not treating the resident respectfully.
Old 07-30-2022, 10:40 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
This must be an exciting event, since you have done it more than once. Browbeating one of your neighbors who is working at a rec center for a few extra bucks, is not a macho thing. They should not have to put up with your kind, that think you are special.
Done what more than once, gone to sports pool in the evening to get in a good workout, being sure to arrive early enough to have enough time before the scheduled closing? Done that well more than a thousand times and hope to do it several thousand more times. There is nothing macho, browbeating, or thinking one is special about expecting the pool to remain open until the scheduled closing time. If the pool needed to be closed for an unanticipated and unscheduled reason, such as an equipment failure, I would completely understand. Closing a pool because an employee wishes their shift would end sooner is not an acceptable reason. I am guessing that during our careers if we took off from work early on a regular basis because we didn’t feel like being there, our a$$es would have been fired very quickly. Swim on : )
Old 07-30-2022, 11:19 AM
Sage

There could be any number of reasons that he wanted to close the pool and stating that he want's to end his shift early is only speculation.
Old 07-30-2022, 11:35 AM

It's like someone opened up a box of Karen's. Friendliest hometown? Yeah right!
Old 07-30-2022, 11:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Done what more than once, gone to sports pool in the evening to get in a good workout, being sure to arrive early enough to have enough time before the scheduled closing? Done that well more than a thousand times and hope to do it several thousand more times. There is nothing macho, browbeating, or thinking one is special about expecting the pool to remain open until the scheduled closing time. If the pool needed to be closed for an unanticipated and unscheduled reason, such as an equipment failure, I would completely understand. Closing a pool because an employee wishes their shift would end sooner is not an acceptable reason. I am guessing that during our careers if we took off from work early on a regular basis because we didn’t feel like being there, our a$$es would have been fired very quickly. Swim on : )
Yep, I was right.
Old 07-30-2022, 11:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
There could be any number of reasons that he wanted to close the pool and stating that he want's to end his shift early is only speculation.
Ok, let’s go with that. Then why did the employee suddenly determine that it was not yet time to close the pool when asked for the name and number of their supervisor? If the employee explained that there was another reason that necessitated closing (could have even made one up), that would have been the end of it.
Old 07-30-2022, 12:20 PM
Sage

Because they are told to respect the residents wishes when they can and not to have confrontations as that is immediate dismissal.
Old 07-30-2022, 12:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

My question would be, "Why do they close at all?" It's not like they have lifeguards during the day. What's the difference if someone wants to go and take a dip at midnight?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 07-30-2022, 05:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
Yes, but they should be treated respectfully! We do not own the employees.
Very true as should everyone BUT if there are written rules (in which the closing time seems to bespecifically defined) they should follow them or be reported or find a different job no matter who pays them especially if a "customer" is still there.
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 07-30-2022, 05:51 PM
Sage

////DUPLICATE

Seems there is something going on with this website as EVERY post is delayed. Almost like the post is going through some sort of "filters" first.
Old 07-30-2022, 05:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Asking someone for the name and phone number of their superior is not being respectful it is a threat.
You've never asked to talk to "the manager" when something happened at a store you shopped at or sent an email about a bad experience you had with an employee or a business? It's not a threat it is (if the issue is legit) wanting to talk to someone higher up. That's why they have managers. A "threat" would be saying "either give me your manager's name or I'll beat you to a pulp." If the employee sees it as a THREAT they are in the wrong job and shouldn't be dealing with the public.

threat
/THret/
noun
1. a statement of an intention to inflict pain, injury, damage, or other hostile action on someone in retribution for something done or not done.

define threat - Google Search
Closed Thread

Tags
sunset, dawn, village, minutes, astronomical

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.