Delta Touch Faucet

Old 05-23-2024, 07:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,555 Times in 2,146 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondering View Post
Why ask us? Call Delta. They warranty and stand behind their products. Moen and Delta for life!
I didn't see the OP ask anything. I saw the post as useful information that may save someone time and trouble in the future.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 05-23-2024, 07:49 AM

I eventually replaced my smoke alarms with 10 year lithium models from Lowes. Buy the same brand you currently have and the existing backplate can be reused in the new detectors. It saves a lot of time. I did this 3 years ago and so far nary a chirp.
I’ll see what happens in the next 7…
Old 05-23-2024, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Have you had a house built in the last 2 years? Half of our smoke alarms were chirping the day they were installed. Second half chirping day of final walkthrough. Batteries replaced again.

68 days later 3am 6 wildly chirping alarms. We replaced all batteries 2 more times. 2 months prior to 1 year warranty, smoke alarms were replaced.

New ones are 3 months old, 1 began it 4am wake up call.

I thought about using a baseball bat, but all ceilings are 10’ so that’s not going to work.

At least the heavily used faucet took 13 months for new batteries

Our last house before TV had 20' ceilings in the kitchen and living/dining room, requiring the use of an extension ladder to change the batteries in the detectors. I did my best to change the back-up batteries on a schedule before they would fail and start "chirping". However, batteries don't always keep to a schedule. For two years straight, one of the detectors started chirping, once when I was away on a golf trip and once a hunting trip. I came home to a very PO'd wife who, being unable to handle an extension ladder, relied on the generosity of a neighbor to replace the batteries. Of course, the batteries had failed in the wee hours of the morning and it was 8+ hours of constant chirping before she could get them replaced.

To resolve the problem, I removed all of the hard-wired/battery back-up detectors, capped off the electrical wires, and replaced them with First Alert detectors powered by a 10 yr, single-use, lithium battery. We lived in the house for five more years before moving to TV, without having a problem with any of the new detectors. Removing and replacing the standard hard-wired/battery back-up detectors with the First Alert 10 year detectors was one of the first things I did after we settled into our new house. If I outlive the new 10 year detectors, I'll again replace them. To date, none has failed in the 4 years we've lived here.
Old 05-23-2024, 09:08 AM

[QUOTE=retiredguy123;2333526]Wow. I never understood the need for a touch faucet. I won't be buying one.[/

Never understood why people don’t KITY
(Keep it to yourself )
When have so little to offer to the conversation.
Old 05-23-2024, 09:12 AM
Default Delta Touch Faucet

It’s great you only had to replace the batteries after a year! We have been changing ours about every 2 months! I do wash my hands A LOT during the day so the faucet is being used a lot throughout the day. But every 2 months is a pain. I sometimes wish we didn’t order this faucet.
Old 05-23-2024, 09:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,006 Times in 5,370 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawgolfer View Post
Our last house before TV had 20' ceilings in the kitchen and living/dining room, requiring the use of an extension ladder to change the batteries in the detectors. I did my best to change the back-up batteries on a schedule before they would fail and start "chirping". However, batteries don't always keep to a schedule. For two years straight, one of the detectors started chirping, once when I was away on a golf trip and once a hunting trip. I came home to a very PO'd wife who, being unable to handle an extension ladder, relied on the generosity of a neighbor to replace the batteries. Of course, the batteries had failed in the wee hours of the morning and it was 8+ hours of constant chirping before she could get them replaced.

To resolve the problem, I removed all of the hard-wired/battery back-up detectors, capped off the electrical wires, and replaced them with First Alert detectors powered by a 10 yr, single-use, lithium battery. We lived in the house for five more years before moving to TV, without having a problem with any of the new detectors. Removing and replacing the standard hard-wired/battery back-up detectors with the First Alert 10 year detectors was one of the first things I did after we settled into our new house. If I outlive the new 10 year detectors, I'll again replace them. To date, none has failed in the 4 years we've lived here.
The only difference between the regular detectors and the sealed detectors is that the sealed ones have 9-volt lithium battery.
But you can buy lithium batteries for the regular detectors and get the same lifespan. However, if you have a situation where the detector is not hardwired to your house power (stand alone), you need a sealed detector to comply with the building code.
Old 05-23-2024, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawgolfer View Post
To resolve the problem, I removed all of the hard-wired/battery back-up detectors, capped off the electrical wires, and replaced them with First Alert detectors powered by a 10 yr, single-use, lithium battery.
You have violated Florida building code regulations. That might become an issue if you have a fire, and then file an insurance claim. When an adjuster observes your setup, they would likely use it as an excuse against paying your claim, in partial or in full. The words "what other work was illegally done that contributed to this damage" will be heard.

Building code: "Newly built or renovated homes must have smoke alarms that are hardwired with a battery backup, interconnected, and UL-listed."

A 10-year lithium battery sealed standalone unit is allowed only to replace an existing standalone detector, or add a new one elsewhere.

Before someone posts "prove it"... here you go. One source of many.
Learn About Fire Safety Laws in Your State | Kidde
hXXps://www [dot] kidde [dot] com/home-safety/en/us/fire-safety/fire-safety-laws/#FL

Last edited by Maker; 05-23-2024 at 09:34 AM. Reason: added link for reference
Old 05-23-2024, 09:36 AM
Sage

[QUOTE=Vickim;2334099]
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Wow. I never understood the need for a touch faucet. I won't be buying one.[/

Never understood why people don’t KITY
(Keep it to yourself )
When have so little to offer to the conversation.
Really? Other posters made the same comment that I did.
Old 05-23-2024, 10:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maker View Post
You have violated Florida building code regulations. That might become an issue if you have a fire, and then file an insurance claim. When an adjuster observes your setup, they would likely use it as an excuse against paying your claim, in partial or in full. The words "what other work was illegally done that contributed to this damage" will be heard.

Building code: "Newly built or renovated homes must have smoke alarms that are hardwired with a battery backup, interconnected, and UL-listed."

A 10-year lithium battery sealed standalone unit is allowed only to replace an existing standalone detector, or add a new one elsewhere.

Before someone posts "prove it"... here you go. One source of many.
Learn About Fire Safety Laws in Your State | Kidde
hXXps://www [dot] kidde [dot] com/home-safety/en/us/fire-safety/fire-safety-laws/#FL
I agree. The sealed smoke alarms should only be used in special situations where you need a standalone detector. Otherwise, all of the detectors should be connected to the house power. If you want a 10-year detector, just replace the backup batteries with lithium batteries.
Old 05-23-2024, 02:37 PM

Like the OP, we are avid cooks and now have the same faucet. While it is a bit of a hassle changing the batteries, having the touch feature is great when you are in the midst of working with chicken or have hands covered in flour, oil, etc. We have left the battery case lying on the bottom of the cabinet. However, if your idea of cooking is ordering takeout, then this isn’t the faucet for you.

— Joan Robinson, “Contributions to Modern Economics” (1978)

Tags
batteries, back, faucet, delta, touch

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.