Denham vs Dabney vs Moultrie

Old 05-01-2024, 11:04 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,643 Times in 961 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
I'm not "hoping", just identifying possibilities, especially when the state is throwing billions at roads near a developer who is very well connected economically and politically.
There absolutely will be golf carts crossing the turnpike at 470.
It has nothing to do what the developer being connected politically, it’s good for the state.
The Villages produces an enormous economic benefit to central florida.
Old 05-01-2024, 11:12 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,114 Times in 559 Posts
Default Do Tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
It has nothing to do what the developer being connected politically, it’s good for the state.
From the engineering standpoint, exactly how will this be constructed? Will the bridge go over the entrance ramp and exit ramp? Those ramps have to accommodate tractor trailers and oversized loads of course. It would be something never built before and will be quite expensive. It wouldn’t be a Bexley cattle bridge idea for sure. You are looking at up to 4 times the cost and a feasibility study. If, big if, it would be at least 5-10 years out. Please cite your reasoning for us all. FDOT doesn’t even have a study yet.
FDOT Project Information

“Everyone may not be good, but there's always something good in everyone. Never judge anyone shortly because every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” - Oscar Wilde

Last edited by Normal; 05-01-2024 at 11:18 AM.
Old 05-01-2024, 11:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,819 Times in 1,273 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
From the engineering standpoint, exactly how will this be constructed? Will the bridge go over the entrance ramp and exit ramp? Those ramps have to accommodate tractor trailers and oversized loads of course. It would be something never built before and will be quite expensive. It wouldn’t be a Bexley cattle bridge idea for sure. You are looking at up to 4 times the cost and a feasibility study. If, big if, it would be at least 5-10 years out. Please cite your reasoning for us all. FDOT doesn’t even have a study yet.
FDOT Project Information

Turnpike Widening US27 to I75
Old 05-01-2024, 11:45 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,114 Times in 559 Posts
Default Yes, I was referring to the bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
Sure, we all know the turnpike is getting widened, I was referring to the crossing structure over the state owned turnpike. The study for the county road 470 bridge and it’s widening along with the supposed multimodal path isn’t in the state records. I found the study for the Bexley bridge, but not for the 470 idea. Surely the unprecedented massive structure will have one.

“Everyone may not be good, but there's always something good in everyone. Never judge anyone shortly because every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” - Oscar Wilde
Old 05-01-2024, 11:48 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
It's illegal to drive golf carts on a county road.
Old 05-01-2024, 12:18 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
FDOT Project Information
I agree that it's not feasible to add a bridge incorporating MMPs at that location. Besides, who would pay for the MMP from the Dabney side when those residents have already been issued their bond amount to cover all planned infrastructure. I don't see the developer issuing a special assessment bond to Dabney residents on top of their current bond. Those homes would drop even lower in value if that were to occur.

All new development will be going north-south, so just a handful of tunnels under 470 should handle connectivity for the new homes to the rest of TV. I doubt anyone in villages like Waters Edge will be complaining that there's no turnpike bridge to Dabney.
Old 05-01-2024, 03:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,342 Times in 4,338 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Last I knew, there was a difference between "several" and "seven"
Yup. And considering one is about to open this summer and a 2nd one is currently under construction, one has to wonder about any current head injuries to the other poster...

-Tom Petty
Old 05-01-2024, 06:16 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedends View Post
Good point. They are also expanding 470 in that area to 4 lanes. That should be fairly soon. They could theoretically put in a cart tunnel at that point. That would tell us a lot for the future.

There’s a post saying weare a social desert? Really? We have so much to do in Lake Denham but can’t keep up when I’m there (part time for now). The block parties are awesome. The people are awesome and all looking for social interaction. We are at boozy bingo every Monday. We have social clubs with regular events at Franklin. We may be a little out of the way but not very far from tons of restaurants and shopping. I can only guess what hat the folks that think we are isolated grew up right in big cities. It’s a different mindset. Totally an individual preference.

But I will warn you, the turnpike noise is loud at times. I assume I’ll get used to it. I lived next to Logan airport in East Boston for years and never noticed the plane noise.
You noticed Santarpios though I'm sure! (Insider joke)
Old 05-01-2024, 08:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,819 Times in 1,273 Posts

Quote:
Sure, we all know the turnpike is getting widened, I was referring to the crossing structure over the state owned turnpike. The study for the county road 470 bridge and it’s widening along with the supposed multimodal path isn’t in the state records. I found the study for the Bexley bridge, but not for the 470 idea. Surely the unprecedented massive structure will have one.
Because design work is just starting...

The 470 bridge is not wide enough to add 4 new lanes so required replacement.

Interchange design budget for 470 was approved early this year, design phase will start this year.

WIDEN TURNPIKE MAINLINE/SR 91
FROM US 27 TO CR 470

Work includes pavement widening, milling and resurfacing, maintenance of traffic plan, new stormwater treatment facilities, new bridge structures, new ramp, tolling sites, signing, pavement marking improvements, signals, lighting, communications, and right-of-way acquisition.

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...360-post2.html
Old 05-01-2024, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by margaretmattson View Post
If you notice something is not to your liking from the get go, it probably is not going to get better. Follow your gut and look for homes that meet your needs. New homes are nice but they STILL require expensive upgrades. (landscaping, paint, lanai etc) Why not look at older homes? Some are only six or seven yrs old and are located near plenty of commercial and golf courses. Try looking in the Brownwood area. You may find a home with completed landscaping, large lanai, and low bond. If the home needs a little TLC remember you would have paid for upgrades in a new home. Consider it a wash and be happy the home you chose meets ALL of your needs.
I agree. We bought a 2 year old home in Citrus Grove. You don't have to buy brand new to get a newer home!
Old 05-02-2024, 02:54 AM
Default Tunnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post
I agree that it's not feasible to add a bridge incorporating MMPs at that location. Besides, who would pay for the MMP from the Dabney side when those residents have already been issued their bond amount to cover all planned infrastructure. I don't see the developer issuing a special assessment bond to Dabney residents on top of their current bond. Those homes would drop even lower in value if that were to occur.

All new development will be going north-south, so just a handful of tunnels under 470 should handle connectivity for the new homes to the rest of TV. I doubt anyone in villages like Waters Edge will be complaining that there's no turnpike bridge to Dabney.
I agree there won’t be a bridge for golf carts because of the 2 entrances and exits, but what about a tunnel? Unfortunately we are in Dabney, it was a poor choice. But, a connection could improve things a lot.

Fairfax VA
Stamford CT
Rye NH
Provincetown MA
Old 05-02-2024, 03:14 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
You noticed Santarpios though I'm sure! (Insider joke)
If only I could get that pizza in Florida. It’s the best.
Old 05-02-2024, 05:20 AM
Veteran member

The entire area is suffering from the lack of amenities.

Eastport will have more but it is not a “town square.” Both Championship and Executive golf will remain inadequate for the number of residents in the area.
Old 05-02-2024, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMack View Post
I agree there won’t be a bridge for golf carts because of the 2 entrances and exits, but what about a tunnel? Unfortunately we are in Dabney, it was a poor choice. But, a connection could improve things a lot.
Could you elaborate why Dabney was a poor choice? Is it just proximity to things by golf cart? Or are there other factors that make it a poor choice?
Old 05-02-2024, 05:47 AM

When we bought last year we went to a sales office and were swarmed by sales people. They showed us what the villages wanted them to show us. Do yourself a favor and get a realtor, tell them what you want and let them direct you. This is why do many people end up buying at another location after being here a year or two

Tags
denham, area, areas, beverage, dinner

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.