Design Center visit for new home

Closed Thread
Old 07-22-2012, 09:22 AM
Default Design Center visit for new home

My wife and I have sold our Courtyard Villa and are building a new At Ease cottage home in Fernandina. Our design appt with The Villages is tomorrow and Tuesday, July 23- 24. This is our first design experience with TV. Know it's the last minute, but does anyone have any tips / recommendations for getting through the design appt?
Old 07-22-2012, 09:36 AM
Gold member
Location: Northfield IL, Tampa FL, Norway, Boynton Beach FL, Highland Park IL, Gilchrist soon!

My appointment is not until September,but I have made 3 lists in Excel for my must haves, my wants, and extras. I have a column for pricing and an order of priority. However, there may be more ideas floating around there that I am unaware of until my meeting! But I do know that I plan to do any construction stretches NOW and other things may have to come later on. From other suggestions on TOTV, try to figure how many outlets you want, where to place them, how many cable connections, etc.
Have fun and don't stress as I understand the design team is VERY helpful! Good luck in getting all those things you truly want!

Wherever I am is where I'm supposed to be
Old 07-22-2012, 09:56 AM
Sage

U may make better choices of options knowing the cost in advance, many are told they will get a total but not a breakdown, there is worksheet, take it and have the design person jot in the cost of what options you think U want, go from there.

Don't let them tell U they can't do it that way.

But if cost is no concern don't ask I suppose

Please report back how it went
Old 07-22-2012, 10:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

give them want you want and then start backing out things one at a time..its a game but it works
Old 07-22-2012, 01:25 PM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James
Default Camera

Take a digital camera with you. When you visit different models to see such things as cabinet pulls, light fixtures, flooring, etc... by the time you are thru, your head is in a whirlwind. A camera will definitely help you remember what you liked most.
Have fun!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.