Designer Home Fences?

Closed Thread
Old 12-04-2011, 10:15 AM
Default Designer Home Fences?

Hi. We plan to buy a CYV, because we have dogs, within the next six months. We really like the designer homes, but understand NO fences are allowed. I happened to see a photo, in the random photos section of TOTV, of a designer home with a small fence around the area between the end of the lanai and the end of the house. Is that permissible? We can walk our dogs regularly when we move to The Villages, but they like to hang out in our current yard and a small fenced area would be great for those times when they need to go out in the middle of the night. Would appreciate hearing of others' experiences. Thank you.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:55 AM
Sage

I think I posted that photo for KathieI a while back...a designer that backs up to sunset point blvd right near parking for heron and pelican golf courses.

Anyway, I have seen a few of these small, white picket fenced areas. I believe the requirement is that it must be in the back and must adjoin the house. Best to call the community standards office for current policy.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:10 PM

Thank you, Villages 07. It hadn't occurred to us that we could enclose a small area. Something to ponder...after believing we had made our decision.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:58 PM
Sage

Yep, when in doubt, the best thing to do is to call the community standards office. It would also have to be approved by the Architectual Review Board.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:26 PM

Thank you, Buggyone. Just wanted to know whether it is possible. Don't want to buy a designer thinking we can put up a fence and then find out we can't. We'll check with the "authorities" before making the decision.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2AFRetSNCOs View Post
Hi. We plan to buy a CYV, because we have dogs, within the next six months. We really like the designer homes, but understand NO fences are allowed. I happened to see a photo, in the random photos section of TOTV, of a designer home with a small fence around the area between the end of the lanai and the end of the house. Is that permissible? We can walk our dogs regularly when we move to The Villages, but they like to hang out in our current yard and a small fenced area would be great for those times when they need to go out in the middle of the night. Would appreciate hearing of others' experiences. Thank you.
CYVs have small fences at the front area on both sides closing off the rear of the house. These are all the same style. The back and side are enclosed by the fence so a dog could be free behind the fence.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:21 PM
Veteran member
Default hemingway and fences

The only place that I have ever seen fences in other than CYV is along Nash Loop in the village of Hemingway. These were known as ranch homes, and now are called cottages when they are built elsewhere. Our rear yard is fully fenced with a solid vinyl stockade-type fence, giving us complete privacy. It was an experiment by the developer, and will not be repeated. We do have a neighbor that has one of those underground 'invisible' fences for their cat and dog. The cat and dog spend hours lounging on the front sidewalk and porch, and never stray. Maybe you could do something like that around your entire property?

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.