Destined to Fail

Closed Thread
Old 11-21-2016, 04:53 PM
Sage

Painting with a broad brush never seems to get the job done right.

I'm sure Talbot's did their marketing research and I am certain, a big chain store will have the resources to succeed.

Some people talk like a 20 minute drive is the the other side of the world. People go where they need to go, to get what they need.

BTW - I go to MVP and am 15 years older than my friends in their 50's, In terms of exercise, I run circles around them.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 11-21-2016, 04:53 PM
Veteran member

Not only is it unseemly, I've always found that the ones who love to talk about how much they have are usually the ones who are lying through their teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
That is sure a tabloidy title on this thread.

I don't think it is right.

Major retail chains know how to do their homework. Ever noticed how stores of the same type are found close to each other? Foot traffic. Chicos and Talbots together will increase foot traffic for both I bet.

Also, don't ever kid yourself about who has how much when it comes to money. Where I come from, people never talk about how much money they have. It is considered to be unseemly to do so. (That's the truth, but actually and also, I just wanted to use that word 'unseemly' because I like it.)

(I just wish they would add Ann Taylor because I can sometimes wear a size smaller there and they have skinny-fying mirrors.)

Boomer
Old 11-21-2016, 04:55 PM
Sage

Its not a problem, I'm an investor & I care about the decisions that affect my investments--the demo-person may have have looked @ Tv as a total entity--its a major fop--to not look at the closer demo's--that are a real aspect of growth. the store will be gone in 5 years !!!
Old 11-21-2016, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
Fixed income doesn't mean low income.
Agree. I read recently that the "average" annual income of the Village resident is well over $95,000.
Old 11-21-2016, 06:17 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default What do women want?

Although Talbots was once publicly traded, it no longer is. A few years ago, they made a mess of things when they decided to chase younger women, thus alienating their core customer base of more mature women.

And like that song from The Music Man says,"You Gotta Know The Territory" -- and so Talbots stock is no more.

Talbots was acquired in 2012 by Sycamore Partners, a private equity firm.

Sycamore Partners recently acquired Belk.

Hey.....Belk is in SS, too. Not on the square but not far away. Something tells me this private equity firm is savvy enough to understand location, location, location......and demographics. (Talbots seems to have gotten over their thing for younger women.)

Classic Boomer
Old 11-21-2016, 06:47 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Its not a problem, I'm an investor & I care about the decisions that affect my investments--the demo-person may have have looked @ Tv as a total entity--its a major fop--to not look at the closer demo's--that are a real aspect of growth. the store will be gone in 5 years !!!
Investor? Really?

Boomer says no.
Old 11-21-2016, 06:53 PM
Sage

They looked @ the Villages as a total entity, they didn't focus, and as employees--its other peoples $$$--big mistake

It will fail,
Old 11-21-2016, 06:59 PM

I live near SS, I used to go to Brownwood, but it is so dead there, also i dont like the Country / farm / redneck theme. And one of my favorite restaurants Las Tappas has run amuck. I went south of 466a today, looks like levittown from the 1950s, anybody care about landscaping and trees? Awful.
Old 11-21-2016, 07:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

In general I like to see businesses be successful, but as long as I am not financially associated with them...it doesn't really matter or affect me.

Since they are not publicly traded, why would anyone really care what happens with or to them?
Old 11-21-2016, 07:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecoralbill View Post
i live near ss, i used to go to brownwood, but it is so dead there, also i dont like the country / farm / redneck theme. And one of my favorite restaurants las tappas has run amuck. I went south of 466a today, looks like levittown from the 1950s, anybody care about landscaping and trees? Awful.
wow!
Old 11-21-2016, 07:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,508 Times in 1,908 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
No comparison between Chico's & Talbots
I am so surprised. All along I thought you were a male.
Old 11-21-2016, 07:47 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Investor? Really?

Boomer says no.
Opps! LMAO.
Old 11-21-2016, 07:55 PM

"If you build it, they will come."

We live in the middle. Have no problem going to Brownwood to shop at Tommy Bahama nor do we have a problem going to Spanish Springs to shop at Chico's.

Won't have a problem going to Talbot's. It's a lot closer than the drive to Traverse City.
Old 11-21-2016, 08:18 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

My wife shops Chico's both in The Villages and in Central Illinois. I know Chico's have size 0 and 00 sizes and maybe she likes the way they size their clothes. She said that she shopped Talbots when she was a working woman.

ColdWater Creek didn't make it in Sumter Landing. We live in the unlandscaped area of The Villages south of 466A but shop along the 441 corridor, S.S., Sumter Landing, Brownwood, Ocala and Orlando.

As far as Spanish Springs shoppers they come from, Leesburg, Tavares, Eustis, Mt. Dora and retirement communities up and down the US 441 Corridor. Spanish Springs has a "big draw" besides residents of The Villages.

I suppose Talbots did their marketing due diligence and it shows one of their stores fits in Spanish Springs. I wouldn't bet against them.
Old 11-21-2016, 10:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

///// Happy Thanksgiving.

It would have just gotten erased anyway, what's the use.
Closed Thread

Tags
talbots, springs, spanish, customer, typical

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.