Destruction of the gate arms......

Closed Thread
Old 01-22-2016, 08:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
As a test, I would eliminate all gates arms at the four gates that allow access to the villages south of 466A between Buena Vista and Morse road. As most residents in these areas are newer villagers, they would not be as set in their ways as other residents. I think it is a pain to wait for a gate to open. Whats the purpose other than thats how its done in the Villages?

As far as golf carts go, they seem to move right along at the entrances to Lake Sumter off of Morse and Buena Vista
. Pictures can still be taken of all cars going through the open gates. Gate keepers cant deny access to these areas as the roads are public. I would like to see no gate arms while driving to my house in The Village of Lake Deaton. Lets try a change to see what happens.
" I think it is a pain to wait for a gate to open." Why the big hurry? Leave early to wherever you are going the pain will go away.
I travel those highlighted entrances...........both are dangerous, because people in carts are always in a hurry.
BTW you did see all the gates before you bought and moved to the villages, didn't you?
Old 01-22-2016, 08:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
I would like to look at the golf cart accident statistics for the golf cart crossings of Buena Vista at Old Mill and Morse at Lake Sumter. Is there a problem there with no gate arms? Maybe gate arms should be at all road intersections to help golf carts?

I do believe that gates are a marketing tool for the developer and thus probably will not be entirely eliminated.
Or not eliminated at all.............................
Old 01-22-2016, 08:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Or not eliminated at all.............................

Why change stuff? First twoplane wanted slower than twenty mph speed limits for carts ....
Old 01-22-2016, 09:38 PM

If gates are ever eliminated because of repair expense or any other excuse, then I would suggest they be replaced by a great big honkin' speed bump that would seriously rattle your chassis if negotiated at a speed greater than 4 mph. That should be sufficient to slow auto and truck traffic so that golf carts can safely cross the busiest of residential entrances.
Old 01-22-2016, 09:39 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Why change stuff? First twoplane wanted slower than twenty mph speed limits for carts ....
Please read all of my post to find that I never proposed "slower than twenty mph speed limits for cars ...."

As golf carts are used on most roads in TV, why is there this concern with these gate crossings? Is there something special about these gate crossings and not others as I have questioned those at Late Sumter that don’t have gates to slow down cars? As the gates are not security gates, I don’t understand the need to force cars to stop. At all other road crossings in TV, golf cart wait their turn and then proceed. What is the importance at these particular road intersections for golf carts to make cars stop and not others?

Why change stuff? I am happy to see many things change and yet others remain the same. It depends ! If gates do or don't change will not make or break my day.

Last edited by twoplanekid; 01-22-2016 at 09:47 PM.
Old 01-22-2016, 11:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Please read all of my post to find that I never proposed "slower than twenty mph speed limits for cars ...."

As golf carts are used on most roads in TV, why is there this concern with these gate crossings? Is there something special about these gate crossings and not others as I have questioned those at Late Sumter that dont have gates to slow down cars? As the gates are not security gates, I dont understand the need to force cars to stop. At all other road crossings in TV, golf cart wait their turn and then proceed. What is the importance at these particular road intersections for golf carts to make cars stop and not others?

Why change stuff? I am happy to see many things change and yet others remain the same. It depends ! If gates do or don't change will not make or break my day.

Golf carts as a traveling machine
Old 01-23-2016, 08:29 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Thanks for providing this link which verifies what I said!
Old 01-23-2016, 08:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonerboy View Post
If gates are ever eliminated because of repair expense or any other excuse, then I would suggest they be replaced by a great big honkin' speed bump that would seriously rattle your chassis if negotiated at a speed greater than 4 mph. That should be sufficient to slow auto and truck traffic so that golf carts can safely cross the busiest of residential entrances.
That would be a great experiment. It sounds like it might work.

I remember some neighborhood back home that had gravel and potholes. The neighbors complained, the road got fixed and then they realized the cars were going too fast on the new surface to feel safe walking or playing on the street.

Last edited by tomwed; 01-23-2016 at 09:17 AM.
Old 01-23-2016, 09:06 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
I would like to look at the golf cart accident statistics for the golf cart crossings of Buena Vista at Old Mill and Morse at Lake Sumter. Is there a problem there with no gate arms? Maybe gate arms should be at all road intersections to help golf carts?

I do believe that gates are a marketing tool for the developer and thus probably will not be entirely eliminated.
These two crossings are very different than the gated entrances to the villages. Removing the gates would be dangerous. Unless the suggestion is to also remove all landscaping, signs, gatehouses and all other items that obstruct the ability of a cart driver to see an oncoming car. The gates were designed to be what they are. You can't just change one part of the design and expect an improvement.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:54 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
These two crossings are very different than the gated entrances to the villages. Removing the gates would be dangerous. Unless the suggestion is to also remove all landscaping, signs, gatehouses and all other items that obstruct the ability of a cart driver to see an oncoming car. The gates were designed to be what they are. You can't just change one part of the design and expect an improvement.
These two crossing are very busy as they lead to a popular place. In what other ways are they different? The entrance to Hillsborough off of Morse doesnt have a guard shack. The two new entrances on Moyer Loop(Pine Hills & Pine Ridge) require golf carts to merge with car traffic well before the gates, dont have guard shacks and yet they still have gate arms. What is the purpose for these gate arms?
Old 01-23-2016, 05:13 PM
Sage

I have concluded, right or wrong, some folks have too much time on their hands............................
Old 01-23-2016, 09:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
These two crossing are very busy as they lead to a popular place. In what other ways are they different? The entrance to Hillsborough off of Morse doesnt have a guard shack. The two new entrances on Moyer Loop(Pine Hills & Pine Ridge) require golf carts to merge with car traffic well before the gates, dont have guard shacks and yet they still have gate arms. What is the purpose for these gate arms?

The terms "watch and wait" and "stop to smell the roses" come to mind.
Old 01-28-2016, 12:45 AM

An attorney's dream.
Old 01-28-2016, 08:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctommft View Post
An attorney's dream.
What??
Old 01-28-2016, 08:54 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
What??
HE SAID "AN ATTORNEY'S DREAM" lol
Closed Thread

Tags
gate, arms, destruction, money, morse, torn, spent, gates, pay, idiot, acts, drivers, cameras, upgrading, today, weeks, entrance, james, exit, times, charles, knocked, side

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.