New Lowes

Closed Thread
Old 01-29-2018, 01:08 PM
Sage
Default New Lowes

went to the new Lowes today, I'm retired military, they would not honor my"blue" ID card unless I filled out some kind of Lowes corp inquiry

Even though the new Lowes is less than 5 minutes from my house--I will no longer go there-its Home Depot for me ,despite the fact, its a 40 minute roundtrip
Old 01-29-2018, 01:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
went to the new Lowes today, I'm retired military, they would not honor my"blue" ID card unless I filled out some kind of Lowes corp inquiry...
You must of missed it. Someone posted on here about 4 months ago that Lowes had a new policy so that you could receive your 10% discount online just like in the stores. All you had to do was go to their website fill out a few questions and within a minute it said you were approved.

Since the new store opened they sent me a $5 coupon and I've shopped there twice and got the discount both times. Just say your a veteran, and they will ask if you're registered, and they then ask your phone and it comes up on their screen. This way the thousands like my half brother who served but doesn't have any ID card can now get the discount once they've been approved. Plus, if you shop online you get the discount. It only took a minute to fill out.
Old 01-29-2018, 01:27 PM
Sage

Its my $$, when I was in business the customer counted, those days are going away--
Old 01-29-2018, 01:50 PM

Lowes changed this vet. I.d. Photo because a lot of older vets. Do not have photo on the old i.d. Card. So, a few months ago you bring your dd214, and driver lic. They enter and make out and give you a new lowes card and when you go to lowes and purchase something all you do first is enter the card in credit card pay machine they ring up the purchase and your 10 percent is taken off your bill and it shows it to you on the register& paper bill, it's great , you don't have to show any i.d. Anymore, but you must tell@ show the card first!! Go to the mangers desk and show them your dd214 and driver lic. They will take care of the rest.
Old 01-29-2018, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Its my $$, when I was in business the customer counted, those days are going away--
It sounds like you don’t want to follow the rules set up by the business, which I’m sure you had as well in your business. As another person pointed out, it actually worked in his favor to fill out the paperwork with extra savings.

Enjoy your 30-minute detour.
Old 01-29-2018, 02:31 PM
Platinum member

It takes 5 minutes to sign up. If the checkout clerk does not follow the proper procedures they could lose their job. I was in business as well. Maybe the better option would have been for the checkout person to walk you over to Customer Service so you could register for the program before cashing you out.
Old 01-29-2018, 02:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
went to the new Lowes today, I'm retired military, they would not honor my"blue" ID card unless I filled out some kind of Lowes corp inquiry

Even though the new Lowes is less than 5 minutes from my house--I will no longer go there-its Home Depot for me ,despite the fact, its a 40 minute roundtrip
Less than 5 minutes at the service counter and it was done.
They do have to document in their system where the discount is going.
Has nothing to do with existing validity.
Old 01-29-2018, 04:09 PM

Quote:
YESSIR..why would you want to save 10% on everything you purchase at Lowes and not at H.D.......prices are pretty much the same at both places. Thanks....but I'll save with the 10% discount.
Old 01-29-2018, 04:33 PM
Sage

I get the 10% @ HD @ they always have more knowledgeable staff
Closed Thread

Tags
lowes, house--i, longer, minutes, there-its

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.